When do replace liquid in water cooling desktop PC

How often should I be replacing liquid in my PC? What is the best liquid to put in when refiling? Can someone please send me a link as to how to change the liquid as wellf?

I can send my PC specs, just need some help please! My first time doing this.

2 minutes ago, cheeksforweeks said:

How often should I be replacing liquid in my PC? What is the best liquid to put in when refiling? Can someone please send me a link as to how to change the liquid as wellf?

Just to confirm, you have a custom water cooled computer? if you have an AIO, you do not need to change the fluid ever. 

If you do have a custom water cooled computer (my guess is you bought it from Origin or Maingear if you did), you should replace it every 6 to 8 months with either distilled water and some additives. Whoever you bought the computer from should give you instructions on how to fill and drain the system.

13 minutes ago, cheeksforweeks said:

i do mine personally every 6 months.  I drain it, run distilled water thru it to get rid of anything and then put in fresh coolant.  I do a deep clean every year and a half to 2 years.

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

It is an iBuypower machine. Asus tuf gaming s motherboard, i7 8700k, Invidia 1660 gpu, 16gb of A-DATA ram. I sent an email awhile back and still waiting on a response. That is why I made the post.  

-> Moved to Custom Loop and Exotic Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/26/2020 at 12:33 PM, cheeksforweeks said:

It is an iBuypower machine. Asus tuf gaming s motherboard, i7 8700k, Invidia 1660 gpu, 16gb of A-DATA ram. I sent an email awhile back and still waiting on a response. That is why I made the post.  

That does not answer the initial question whether it is a custom open loop or a closed loop AiO. If you don't know: make a picture of it.

The common service interval of custom open loop water cooling is 6-12 month (also depends on the fluid already in use, opaque and/or coloured fluids need more service than clear fluids).  Clear premix is always the safest bet, clear concentrate or anti algea + anti corrosion additives together with distilled water (real distilled water, not demineralized water) is also very safe, as soon as you add colours you will over time risk discolourization of your tubing and opaque fluids WILL over time start to gunk up your blocks requiring to open up your blocks in order to properly clean them (opaque fluids have basically particles in there that make them opaque).

Closed loop AiOs are usually not intended to be refilled and most of them don't even have a port to fill the up. However, they will loose some fluid over time to the air (through the tubing) and at some point they will loose effectiveness to the point of needing a full replacement (or the technical skills to refill them - the fluids in use are usually not disclosed)

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!