Need help to know if my build is good before I buy it

Gamorak

Budget (including currency): About 7000 NIS (2,139 USD) but I can go a bit above or bellow

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, coding(with setting up VMs) and a bit of game dev

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a old computer that already have the NH-D15 so I'll be stealing that, and until I could get my hands on the rtx3080 I'll just use my old GTX970

Here is what I planned so far:

Case: Corsair Carbide 275R Gaming Black

PSU: Corsair PSU 650W TX650M 80+ Gold Modular

RAM: Corsair DDR 4 16G (8Gx2) 3600 CL19 Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2K3600C19

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX

SSD: Samsung SSD 1.0TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X AM4 Box

GPU: RTX 3080

What do you guys think? Should I change something?

12 minutes ago, Gamorak said:

Budget (including currency): About 7000 NIS (2,139 USD) but I can go a bit above or bellow

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, coding(with setting up VMs) and a bit of game dev

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a old computer that already have the NH-D15 so I'll be stealing that, and until I could get my hands on the rtx3080 I'll just use my old GTX970

Here is what I planned so far:

Case: Corsair Carbide 275R Gaming Black

PSU: Corsair PSU 650W TX650M 80+ Gold Modular

RAM: Corsair DDR 4 16G (8Gx2) 3600 CL19 Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2K3600C19

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX

SSD: Samsung SSD 1.0TB 970 EVO NVMe M.2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X AM4 Box

GPU: RTX 3080

What do you guys think? Should I change something?

Yeah i think so too cl19 is a bit high get somthing like cl 16

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

6 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Id honestly not reccomend that kit of ram. You should be aiming for 3600 CL 16 Ram if you were to go that route. Otherwise looks fine, are you sure you want the micro ATX board?

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM Memory - Newegg.com something like that is better? also, should I opt for 32 or 16 in enough?

and for the MB, my friend told me that it doesn't really matter and micro is better, what makes normal or mini ATX better? and is it noticeable? 

2 minutes ago, Gamorak said:

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM Memory - Newegg.com something like that is better? also, should I opt for 32 or 16 in enough?

and for the MB, my friend told me that it doesn't really matter and micro is better, what makes normal or mini ATX better? and is it noticeable? 

DO NOT GET THAT RAM! I have gone through 4 kits of that ram, it doesnt work at all on ryzen. Spend the 20$ extra on the Trident Neo Kit, at least that SHOULD work. I like having 32 GB, just gives you more chrome tabs! 

I mean its up to you, The smaller the motherboard the less ports you get so. I use a lot of my usb ports ;..; 

3 minutes ago, Gamorak said:

32 for a bit of futureproofing 

3 minutes ago, Gamorak said:

No, If your case allows you aim for ATX, if you get somthing smaller your case will look a bit empty, also atx boards normaly have more features

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Just now, Emergence177013 said:

Future proof apperantly doesnt exists

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

DO NOT GET THAT RAM! I have gone through 4 kits of that ram, it doesnt work at all on ryzen. Spend the 20$ extra on the Trident Neo Kit, at least that SHOULD work. I like having 32 GB, just gives you more chrome tabs! 

I mean its up to you, The smaller the motherboard the less ports you get so. I use a lot of my usb ports ;..; 

Thanks for the heads up!

I really don't understand anything about motherboards so which motherboard would you recommend me getting for the cpu I chose?

I would get 32GB just vor example if you run a virtual machine or a heavy Minecrat mod its just a nice to have. Also Trident Z neo has rgb that looks preatty cool, but I personlally like the Corsair vengeance pro rgb more

Just now, Gamorak said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I really don't understand anything about motherboards so which motherboard would you recommend me getting for the cpu I choose?

Motherboard size is all about your case, whatever fits your case and budget. I dont like building ITX or Micro ATX because i  tend to use about 8 USB ports, most of those boards only have 2-6 at most.

1 minute ago, Gamorak said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I really don't understand anything about motherboards so which motherboard would you recommend me getting for the cpu I choose?

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

6 minutes ago, Gamorak said:

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Ripjaws V will work just fine. Also, it's present in ur motherboards QVL. So, you are good to go.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

Just now, Enzo1001 said:

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Its a great board for just 150 Euros, (aleast in my region)

20 minutes ago, Emergence177013 said:

I don't even think 32GB is just for futureproofing anymore. I have 16GB in my system now and with a few tabs open in Chrome sometimes I can start nearing 16GB usage in Red Dead 2, at which point performance tanks like hell and I have to go shut down some tabs and restart Chrome to lessen its memory usage.