Need a new 4k monitor. HELP!

Churgy95

So i just got fully refunded on my PG27UQ and got 2600 EURO to spend on a new monitor, Which one should i get since PG27UQ is no more for sale?

First of all what will be the purpose of the monitor. Do create content or do you want it for gaming. 

Must it be 4k at 16:9?

I would get the odyssey G9 which is ultra wide 240hz gaming monitor. But I don't know about you, you might be using it for different purpose. 

1 minute ago, Alex MR46 said:

First of all what will be the purpose of the monitor. Do create content or do you want it for gaming. 

Must it be 4k at 16:9?

I would get the odyssey G9 which is ultra wide 240hz gaming monitor. But I don't know about you, you might be using it for different purpose. 

I will game on it, 4k is a must( or more ) :) , similar specs as pg27uq i guess

Im gaming on a 3090 so i assume i can go with the G9 and still have good fps?

6 minutes ago, Churgy95 said:

Im gaming on a 3090 so i assume i can go with the G9 and still have good fps?

yes, linus had a video with the 3090 and the G9 monitor.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

I don't know any 4k gaming monitors. But there are sure a lot. Some you can find at 144hz. 

Well the 3090 can do 8K at 60Fps which is equal to 4K at 240fps. So I really don't think you would have a problem running the G9. Though in some games you might have to sacrifice some quality in order to reach the 240fps. 

Also I think the 3090 still has some driver issue that doesn't let it go higher than 120fps in games. But they might have fixed it by now. 

Save some money and buy this one.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gn950-b

G9 has lots of overshoot in dark transitions, colors are worse, contrast and black uniformity aren't that much better either. It is faster panel and has slightly better HDR though, and is larger overall.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/odyssey-g9

If you want to look for more options, here's a table tool you can use. You can add more filters from the add column button.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/43526

And lastly, the sticky will help you to understand the reviews better.

I do have a OLED C8 (only 60hz at 4k tho) but question is , is it worth to buy for example LG 48CX OLED and game on?

6 minutes ago, Churgy95 said:

(only 60hz at 4k tho)

Do you want higher that that?

Just now, Alex MR46 said:

Do you want higher that that?

Yeah, atleast 120-144

48CX.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

23 minutes ago, Churgy95 said:

I do have a OLED C8 (only 60hz at 4k tho) but question is , is it worth to buy for example LG 48CX OLED and game on?

Sure, if you are willing to change your habits.

Here are some tips how to mitigate the chance of burn-in.

13 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Sure, if you are willing to change your habits.

Here are some tips how to mitigate the chance of burn-in.

Not worth it if i risk burn ins :/

If u can afford to burn money on a RTX 3090, then u can take the risk of 'burning' a screen :P get the CX 48" and run 4k 120hz with BFI and VRR.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 hours ago, SolarNova said:

If u can afford to burn money on a RTX 3090, then u can take the risk of 'burning' a screen :P get the CX 48" and run 4k 120hz with BFI and VRR.

Well what i think is that, if there is "actual monitor" for abit more, i can live with that extra cash spent, but if there is no other better option than cx.... It's just a tad bit to big :/

9 minutes ago, Churgy95 said:

Well what i think is that, if there is "actual monitor" for abit more, i can live with that extra cash spent, but if there is no other better option than cx.... It's just a tad bit to big :/

Monitor market is all about sacrifice.

Take a look at the table tool I provided above and wage their weaknesses against the possible burn-in of the CX.

Wether you sacrifice on response time,contrast, black uniformity, local dimming zones and HDMI 2.1 is up to you.

9 minutes ago, Churgy95 said:

The thing is, if ur in a position to actually consider the CX 48" , then there really is no other alternative. It is in a league of its own vs Monitors, nothing really comes close.

Any LCD monitor u look at will have a handful of 'issues' all of which affect image quality.

The CX OLED has effectively zero. Its biggest issues are its price and size. The potential for burn in is avoidable and based on usage the owner puts it through.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

IMO the size is a benefit :P 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2