My monitor does this. Is that considered ''normal''?

EdMetal

Hello.

Long story short, I bought an ASUS ultrawide 35 inch 100hz like two months ago, but because I had only a rx 480 4gb to drive it at the time I just played Genshin Impact on it, which is locked at 60 fps.

Two days ago I received my rx 6800, and I was eager to try some graphically demanding games at 100hz.

Oh boy, the disappointment.

As you can see in this video, my panel just shifts in color/brightness/whatever as soon as you move the camera. Wtf is this? Is this supposed to be normal with a VA panel or is mine broke?

This effect vanish with the ultra low blur mode that the panel has, but you also lose freesync, so the game becomes very stuttery.

I just can't get over it, and know I'm praying that amazon will refund me even after the return month is expired.

I know that the video isn't the best, but yes, it is THAT bad.

10 minutes ago, EdMetal said:

Two days ago I received my rx 6800, and I was eager to try some graphically demanding games at 100hz.

Oh boy, the disappointment.

As you can see in this video, my panel just shifts in color/brightness/whatever as soon as you move the camera.

Does this happen in other games?

Have your done a clean install of your graphics card driver?

I think I remember hearing something about this, I think it was in a video on youtube.

I may be wrong, but it could be related to HDR if you have an HDR display.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

It's definitely not normal for a VA panel. So as suggested above you should see if all the settings are correct and there is nothing wrong on your part. If not you should send it back because the panel does not perform upto the standard you as a consumer can and may expect.

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

It is not the card, I tried on a cheap LCD TV from like 2010 that I have laying around and the problem is much much less pronounced. 

I will ask amazon to refund me, after some digging on the internet I found that this problem is pretty common with va panels. 

Mine does exactly like in this video: 

That is absolutely NORMAL

NORMAL, but a PERFECT example of slow pixel response. Since its in dark transitions im going to assume its a VA panel.

This is why you must check reviews ..proper tested reviews, as explained in the pinned below.

Its not ideal, and the only way ur going to get it to reduce is to, if u have the option, increase the overdrive setting of the display, this however will likely cause some amount of overshoot and still wont completely get rid of the dark level smearing.

The ultra low motion blur mode u specify is likely a BFI implementation , hence why variable refresh is disabled, this can 'help' reduce persistence blur, but wont specifically eliminate dark level smearing caused by slow pixel response, it will also inevitably cause strobe crosstalk (image duplication in motion)

The only VA panel that doesnt have this issue is the new Samsung Odyssey G7, which has an exceptionally fast VA panel.

Your other option is to go with an IPS panel, but ull loose the contrast.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

My old Syncmaster 193T would do that, but it's an old panel with 25ms response time

Hey guys, thanks for the answers. Yes, I tried pretty much everything you said, but sadly the situation is still the same. With ulmb it overshoots, without  it it trails very visibly. 

I love the ultrawide experience, but I guess I'll get a refund if I can and buy a 27'' ips, I can't stand this smearing/ghosting whatever it is called, I can't literally play some games due to their visual nature (see Horizon Zero Dawn or something dark like Metro.)