Can't get into gaming recently.....WTF

Massa9

I have always liked PC games and when I owned a PS2 i enjoyed playing that when I was young. I don't know why but I will start playing a game on my PC and I will stop after 45 minutes. I remember playing some Final Fantasy games about 5 years ago for most of the day. or Even when I first played Borderlands which was only 2 years ago i played t for hours at a time. But I used to play BF3 for hours and now I can't play it at all anymore( thank you EA for Disconnecting your Servers!!!). I am in still in college so I don't think I am to old for gaming and I don' think I am maturing. I hope I can figure out what is blocking my interest for games right now because it is a void that cannot be filled when I have no one around or it is raining all day or it is the 4:00 in the morning.  The only  time I can play is when I play coop with a friend or BFBC2 with a friend but unfortunately  half my steam mates  live in Europe and Russia so it is difficult to sync the best times to play. Oh might game gods please peak my interest again. Feedback would be appreciated thank you.

Nothing lasts forever, your passion may fade a little and your living conditions will change. my feedback and advice? accept it and move on, I say that in a nice way :)

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Go outside for an hour and come back.

Go outside for 5 mintes, 12 PM

Come back inside

you are now have cataracts and are wearing Stevie Wonder glasses.

OP you're probably just burnt out or just somewhat lost interest in video games. I don't play games nearly as much as I used to and tend to be much more picky with titles now. It usually takes a lot for a game to get me interested enough to play.

Error: 410

Maybe you're just bored with your current games and need a new one to give you a burst of fresh air. Or, you were playing so much that you were just doing it out of habit and not because you like to do it. In which case, stop for a couple days and come back; see if that helps.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

In my case, I cannot play as much as I use to unless in a few games (mostly story focused games). Outside of that I rarely do long play sessions anymore.

I think that it is something that may happen in life, some never go through it but others do. I remember in my early 20s I stopped gaming for a good 2 years. I just didnt feel like gaming nor saw a game that was worth my time. Now though, I do  game regularly.

Just look at your other past times and see if the same effect is happening, maybe you are just going through a phase. Don't force it though or you might just end up hating gaming completely.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

Sounds like your playing completly different games now that your used to? Maybe try that genre again?

You are suffering from a mild case of having a life.

Take advantage of it.

You are suffering from a mild case of having a life.

Take advantage of it.

Life sucks. Bad graphics, uninteresting story, boring gameplay.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I get something similar to that. I can never decide which game to play anymore. I think it's down to the amount of choice I have. I could start building this huge village I'm working on in Minecraft. Or I could have a run of Binding of Isaac. Or I could carry on with some old school Tomb Raider. Or maybe even some GBA games. But I want to play Borderlands. Oh but I have Batman in my Steam library now! 

That is basically the conversation I have with myself before I play a game. Then I get frustrated that I don't know what to play. And once I do pick a game I find myself thinking about another one about half an hour in. I'm not sure what it is. It might be that fact that I know I have work to be doing...

The best advice I can give is you need to make yourself realise how much you love gaming. Go on holiday for a week or two. Get your parents (assuming you're living with them still) or a friend to take the PC away from you for a week. That might be really difficult but you'll find yourself wondering what to do in your spare time, and you'll think "oh I wish I was playing X right now..."

Or just wait until Oculus rift dev kit 2 comes out and get that. You will never want to leave your chair......

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Im not sure you ever "grow out of" gaming. My dad is 74 this year, and hes knocking the bollocks out of Farcry3 and whatever the new Assassins Creed is called! He games harder than i do!

Myself; I've recently found that I've played a lot of my favourite games to death, and there simply isnt anything new coming out that fires my imagination. I hate to sound cliche, but it certainly seems to me that most AAA titles are too "consolified" for my taste; hand-holding you thru a purely cinematic experience.

I was so excited for the new TotalWar:Rome II, (or whatever its called), but I ended up quitting it after a couple of days. Same with Company of Heroes 2. There seems to be a trend for "streamlining" games in recent years, that I feel has really diminished the experience.

There are, of course, exceptions to this, and the Indie scene seems like its attempting to buck the trend.

Deus Ex: Human revolution

Space Pirates and Zombies

Starcraft 2 ( free download)

You can thank me later.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I am 22 (23 in a month). Since starting college, my interest level in gaming has gone from being broke and able to spend hours on a singleplayer game on a $500 PC, to now having lots of money, and spending only 5 hours/week on multiplayer games on a $2k PC. 

I have found that I mostly play games when my buddies/gaming clan are playing - so almost strictly play multiplayer and participate in LAN parties. Otherwise, I have work, a girlfriend, and volunteer work I do. So, OP, totally normal to change how much gaming you can bear as your life changes.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200