Great Black Friday, Amazon!

Filingo

I waited a couple of weeks to get the Corsair 275r case on Black Friday and it was selling for 67 euros on Amazon.de for ages before that. So I thought hey I'd wait a little bit longer for Black Friday and get it. Yesterday the price jumped to 90 euros. Today it went down to 69 euros. What? Amazon is also lying about those deals? Didn't know. Thought they are more reliable..

2 hours ago, Filingo said:

I waited a couple of weeks to get the Corsair 275r case on Black Friday and it was selling for 67 euros on Amazon.de for ages before that. So I thought hey I'd wait a little bit longer for Black Friday and get it. Yesterday the price jumped to 90 euros. Today it went down to 69 euros. What? Amazon is also lying about those deals? Didn't know. Thought they are more reliable..

it's £54 here in UK when i checked last night.

That's why I use Keepa to be sure if a price is actually a good deal or not on Amazon.

All companies are guilty of doing this price hike + "imaginary rebate".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Price Hikes before Black Friday is a fairly common practice. It's to help make the deals look more appealing even if they may go on sale or even normalize for an even lower amount later.

Usually the price hikes happen weeks before the sale, but not uncommon for it happen right before and then immediately switch over to snag those last minute shoppers.

Black Friday has mostly turned from a time of Savings to aggressive marketing to push quick sales. There are a few exceptions, but its getting worse every year. Not to mention the much lower quality products they push out specifically for black Friday, only distinguishable by model numbers that are discontinued afterwards.

I've been using the Honey extension and I like that it alerts you to price changes. Only thing I missed out on for recent purchases was not saving $10 on my new case. I can live with that.

3 hours ago, Murasaki said:

Isn't this how mall stores operate 

Some yes. But not all. I’ve worked retail at multiple stores - Blacks Photography (Camera shop similar to Henry’s or B&H), Staples, Canadian Tire. 

We never raised prices just to “lower” them for a sale. Sale prices were always actually lower than the regular price. 

Though every now and then we’d get an odd one, like the product being one cent on sale, etc.  

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

A large retailer did that here (Kabum), got caught by a browser extension, sued the extension maker and the (in)justice sided with them to take down the extension... Bizarro world.

What!? 

31 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Bizarro world.

well those legal bullcrap are expensive for both parties, so usually the party with more money wins

they probably cared about their public image and forced the author to take their side or else he would have been in deepshit

Money for justice is wrong. Those judges should go to jail if they are biased

23 hours ago, Yashiees said:

it's £54 here in UK when i checked last night.

It was 67 euro, almost the same as in UK but then it was to 90 euro and now settled at 77 euro. what a bullcrap