My cpu does not reach it's boost clock. How does it work?

My i7 9800x has a base clock of 3.8GHz and a boost clock of 4.4GHz. But when I run cinebench or really any other program it will never be boosted higher than 4.1GHz. Do I have to do something to make it reach 4.4? I shouldn't have to overclock it if the advertized boost clock is 4.4GHz right?

4.4GHz only applies to one of the cores, not all of them. 4.1GHz all-cores boost at stock is normal

You could try overclocking it to get the all-cores boost clock up, though I wouldn't expect to hit 4.4GHz all cores as that might be a bit difficult

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Are you running single or multithreaded cinebench? You will only hit that speed on single threaded workloades.

I did run multicore. But I ran a singlecore just now and it only went up to 4.2, briefly. So there is still something wrong?

Just now, superfantastic said:

I did run multicore. But I ran a singlecore just now and it only went up to 4.2, briefly. So there is still something wrong?

what re temps? 

But it doesn't seems tht off, there re. lot of factors, and that seems to be the expected all core turbo

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

what re temps? 

But it doesn't seems tht off, there re. lot of factors, and that seems to be the expected all core turbo

The core that was used for the singlecore test was at 67C max. During all core test the highest temp was 76 of one of the cores. You think that would influence the boost clock somehow?

3 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

The core that was used for the singlecore test was at 67C max. During all core test the highest temp was 76 of one of the cores. You think that would influence the boost clock somehow?

Those temps shouldn't affect it.

Where there background apps running, that might lower the clock.