Is there such a thing as outside cat 8 cabling?

NearNeptune80

Next year, I am hoping to wire my house up with cat 8, as it won't really be touched for a long time once it's done. I don't really want to channel the walls as it would cost a lot to re-plaster, but I can't find any outside cat 8 cabling. Does anyone know if it exists, and if so, where can I buy it?

Lol, you gonna be upgrading your "home" network to 40gbps? if not there is absolutely no reason to spend that much. IIRC Cat8 cables are STP only.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Why do you want Cat8? You don't need it. Go for Cat6 if your only plans are Gigabit or Cat6a if you expect to need 10Gbit in the near future.

Alternatively, look at fibre-optics to really future-proof your network. True, you'll need SFP or SFP+ connectors, but media converters for the Gbit range are pretty cheap these days.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

On 11/23/2020 at 1:43 PM, NearNeptune80 said:

Next year, I am hoping to wire my house up with cat 8, as it won't really be touched for a long time once it's done. I don't really want to channel the walls as it would cost a lot to re-plaster, but I can't find any outside cat 8 cabling. Does anyone know if it exists, and if so, where can I buy it?

Looks like there is something the majority of this forum won't understand, majority PC crowd. Of course I fully undestand not everyone is an monolitith crowd. Is that we simply want the best, periode. We push ourself to be the best. We won't settle for a less than best without being out of the way inconvenient. I want to change system every year, either PC or mac. I can't stand if I can be on the same PC as a lot of people here do for 6 plus years. I like change, I want forward progress. 

Sorry this pre emphasis, I just can't stand some here hating new M1 processor because they don't want change and are just fine. Ignorantly or foolishly proud of there 5 to 7 years still running rig. Can't appreciate an tightly put together Beautifull thing. Instead just settling on what's fine. Evolve or be eliminated eventually.

My rant over.

That being said, albeit I fully understand this desire to want to best, they are mostly designed right now for buildings floor backbone lines and servers. Mostly indoors. The military might have some outside specs. I don't think we will reach home internet of 20 plus gigs in the next 2 decades with the Cat6 latest specs being present. Or even 10 gigs in the next decade or so with 6a or newer, improved. 

There are times upon which we must find some strength to be and be the practicality and not over OCD. I think the best would be 6a or one of the latest 6 specs for the best range without signal degradation unless you are using repeaters/boosters. A new and better spec or two of new variant of cat is almost guarantee to come out in the next 20 years or so. Other option include going cat 10 fiber optics. Or other specs of fiber optics and cat end connect>>Different RJ connect.

Otherwise if you are set on the Best or Nothing ,right now, manta, fellow hearted person, I salute you and say this; Your best option is to contact the manufacturer or the equipment company the directly, of which may or may not be the same. Or even IEEE. Or others related, say an server company or an university computer faculty or communication. Finally you can put them inside some kind of protection or shield to go outside. Tubing or hard metal tubes etc.

Best

You can run any cable outside as long as it's inside some tube or conduit. Just get the standard PVC small diameter (1 cm or something like that) conduit that's used for electrical wiring and feed whatever network cable you want through it. You can get it in flexible variants or straight hard pipes, but then you need to bend it or use corner pieces when going round corners (which I'd prefer bc it looks much nicer).

You can alternatively go with hybrid fiber coaxial cable as those are more robust and less susceptible to interference and losses. Or pure coaxial cables, which is an coaxial form, may be bigger or same as your standard variant of the later. Those ones may be pure coaxial, or in other config, of both carrying data or different data. The most common would be it replace or re-purpose, either completely or partly, and completely modify the manufacturing and composition of the standard coax or not of the cable or the data carrying copper, the most common type is the mid copper become the power delivery for the cable for repeater/booster or other equipment outside or inside the cable itself. They are not off-the shelf stuffs, but they are not wither Area-51 stuff neither