2x GTX 1070 SC2 vs 1x GTX 3070. How much more fps would i get?

matrixmodulator

Very borad question i know but i'm just looking for aproximate fps difference.

I usualy game at 1440p on ultrawide monitor and use vsync in many games at medium high i get around 60fps right now.

Cpu is 7700k and i have 32gb ram (2 sticks)

Thanks

Don't even bother with double 1070.

Most games only run on 1 GPU anyway so it's going to be 1070 vs 3070 in most new games.

If you use Vsync you won't get anything above 60fps because Vsync on means 60fps limit.

So, ditch the 1070, disable vsync unless turning it off breaks the game and get a 3070 if you can.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

Very borad question i know but i'm just looking for aproximate fps difference.

I usualy game at 1440p on ultrawide monitor and use vsync in many games at medium high i get around 60fps right now.

Cpu is 7700k and i have 32gb ram (2 sticks)

Thanks

SLI sucks and I highly recommend getting one good card instead of two cheap ones

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Don't even bother with double 1070.

Most games only run on 1 GPU anyway so it's going to be 1070 vs 3070 in most new games.

If you use Vsync you won't get anything above 60fps because Vsync on means 60fps limit.

So, ditch the 1070, disable vsync unless turning it off breaks the game and get a 3070 if you can.

Why games doesnt support sli?

2 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

Why games doesnt support sli?

I would imagine because it would be hell to code the games to utilize two separate GPU's.

a lot.

the sli on the 1070s doesnt scale very well in the few games that support it (~50% better than single) and doesnt work in most games. the 3070 is 2x as fast as the 1070. so if you play exclusively strange brigade(it scales nearly perfectly), the 1070's would be on par with the 3070. other wise, the 3070 is better.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

no, vsync means monitor hz limit, it limits fps to the refresh rate on the monitor, so it could be a 60fps limit, or a 144fps limit, or a 360fps limit.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler