The return of the blue card - Intel server GPU announced

williamcll

That's a BIG boy if only RTX 2080 performance is expected from it.

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Even worse... 

Yeah, maybe, but see above, that doesn't fill me with confidence... They were making it look like they actually wanted to compete with nvidia and amd for a while now ... I just don't think they have it in them and they probably realized what massive investments would be needed to get actually competitive.

Of course I could be wrong but yeah calling a video decoder a "GPU" isn't a good start imo! 🤣

Current info indicates they are working on an actual GPU.

The problem as i pointed out previously is that they're lumping a lot of other stuff under the XE branding as well. So there's a lot of stuff being called a GPU that isn't. Doesn't mean they're not working on an actual GPU, you just have to understand that most things with the XE name that you'll hear about have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Just now, CarlBar said:

Current info indicates they are working on an actual GPU.

The problem as i pointed out previously is that they're lumping a lot of other stuff under the XE branding as well. So there's a lot of stuff being called a GPU that isn't. Doesn't mean they're not working on an actual GPU, you just have to understand that most things with the XE name that you'll hear about have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Exactly. Also they're far behind schedule and no... nothing (except this not blue "blue" "gpu") 

I'm just saying not a good look and I question Intels ability to mass produce a consumer dedicated "gpu" at this point. Time will tell I guess. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

Exactly. Also they're far behind schedule and no... nothing (except this not blue "blue" "gpu") 

I'm just saying not a good look and I question Intels ability to mass produce a consumer dedicated "gpu" at this point. Time will tell I guess. 

Ahh i misunderstood, thought you where ex[pressing doubt it was even being worked on. Your right it's not a good look. But TBF i think intel marketing has to be blamed for this screw up, not the engineers.