whats the best 5700XT

dreamcast4599

so im curious which 5700XT graphics card is best both in terms of cooling and in terms of performance i.e. highest factory overclock etc?

dont worry about factory overclock to much, you can turn on PBO and get way higher than factory overclocks, im currenty using a tripple D 5700xt from XFX and havent had issues with it

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I know the one I got, the Sapphire Pulse, was rated well.  As for overclocking eh the amount of gain is likely not worth it like many video cards these days.  Finally what is the price you are going to pay for one?  I ask because in many instances this is not a good buy at this point.

I think the two best 5700xt's are the Power Color Red Devil of Sapphire's Nitro+. I personally have the Power Color and love everything about it, it's whisper silent, looks great, has dual bios, and was a bit cheaper than the sapphire. I do think however that the Sapphire is generally considered to have ever so slightly better cooling (with the power color coming second best).

You can see this yourself on TechPowerUp. They have listed all 5700 XTs. The best card both in terms of cooling and in terms of stock performance is the PowerColor Liquid Devil, that is if water cooled. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-5700-xt.c3339

7464-front.jpg

The next best in line would be the Sapphire NITRO+ Special Edition.

But of course it's not the only one, there's plenty of models to choose from

image.thumb.png.c1a3fb7168068f05cfea8c3bce9c524a.png

10 minutes ago, idontlikephysx said:

I know the one I got, the Sapphire Pulse, was rated well.  As for overclocking eh the amount of gain is likely not worth it like many video cards these days.  Finally what is the price you are going to pay for one?  I ask because in many instances this is not a good buy at this point.

i cant buy a 6800XT because my 750watt psu is not enough and i cant really afford 650 for a gpu plus another 150 on top of that for a psu

I had the Sapphire Nitro Plus 5700 XT. I found it be a very nice card - cool, quiet and also looked very good with its RGB. 

E4C52B55-FA6D-41A0-8D38-FC7A800ACB65.jpeg

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

6 hours ago, dreamcast4599 said:

i cant buy a 6800XT because my 750watt psu is not enough and i cant really afford 650 for a gpu plus another 150 on top of that for a psu

What PSU? 750W is AMD's recommended wattage.

The best would be a 2070S even now AMD's drivers mess up. Navi is just a beta launch for Navi 2, we got screwed just like Nvidia users when they announced the 3000 series.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

I have the ASUS ROG STRIX RX 5700 XT O8G GAMING, It seams to work well with a custom fan curve. I have not overclocked it yet, im working on it. Will the 6800s really need bigger PSU than 750w? Reason I choose the ASUS STRIX is because EK makes a water block for it and im planning on a custom water loop. 

This is with custom fan curve, GPU temp is at 62*C, I set max fan speed at 75%. Im not sure where GPU Hot Spot Temp is sourced at, but its at 85*C

STRIX 5700XT custom fan curve max 75percent fan speed.jpg

This is with Automatic fan control, silent mode where it only allows max 50% fan speed. you can still hear the fans, but they are not loud.

STRIX 5700XT silent mode 50percent fan speed.jpg

16 hours ago, Greadwan said:

I have the ASUS ROG STRIX RX 5700 XT O8G GAMING, It seams to work well with a custom fan curve. I have not overclocked it yet, im working on it. Will the 6800s really need bigger PSU than 750w? Reason I choose the ASUS STRIX is because EK makes a water block for it and im planning on a custom water loop. 

This is with custom fan curve, GPU temp is at 62*C, I set max fan speed at 75%. Im not sure where GPU Hot Spot Temp is sourced at, but its at 85*C

STRIX 5700XT custom fan curve max 75percent fan speed.jpg

This is with Automatic fan control, silent mode where it only allows max 50% fan speed. you can still hear the fans, but they are not loud.

STRIX 5700XT silent mode 50percent fan speed.jpg

the 6800XT recommends a 750 watt psu as minimum so an 850 would be better for headroom the 6800 non XT doesnt need such a big psu