What are your thoughts on this?

Two of the most marvelous things about the world that are present at all times and show up unexpectedly are the statutes of God and Science. As a strong believer in God I do solely believe that god created the Heavens and Earth in 6 days. Scientists have been pressured to discredit God and theorize the creation into elements that they can't even explain to their existence. I'm not saying all scientists are bad, infact I never stated any were, but some have come up with truly marvelous theories and ideas about the way we interact with our selves and the planets. Just an example is from Winfried Schumann. He proposed that the earth creates a resonance from it's revolutions at a proposed 7.83Hz. Now for you math and band geeks this is about equal to a B note sub 2. But the deeper meaning is, Why did God choose this considering we can't see him, nor hear this frequency, but we know they exist.

post-776-0-22248800-1394678384.png

I think there is no god, so to me, this question is irrelevant. Also, please don't believe in the whole 6 day thing. I'm fine with people thinking that there is a god and that he created the universe and all, but the whole 6 day creation thing annoys me as it has been proven that humans were not made by some dude in the sky experimenting with some clay but instead have evolved from more primitive primates. We share 99% or out DNA with chimps and we are very much part of the primate family of species. 

People can believe whatever they want, doesn't matter to me.

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

Earth might very well vibrate or something, but not because of God. Also, why would our planet be created in 6 days? As far as God is concerned, a day might as well be 2 billion years. Before Earth was created, a day as a unit would be undefined. And before creation, time itself would be unexistent.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Honestly is completely up to your opinion, and whatever I have to say about it, doesn't matter, because you can have your own ideology.

That's the beauty of it! It wouldn't be fun nor challenging if we would think the same.

All hail Sky Cake!

Modest Mouse has some neat and disturbing songs about both religion and science, Bukowski and We've Got Everything, respectively. There's also The View which is science focused. Also, these have lyrics because, well, Isaac Brock has a tendency to be incomprehensible at times. Here's an interview from AV Club about Modest Mouse, "Modest Mouse - Interview - The A.V. Club". Scroll a little bit down and you'll see him basically saying God and science do not exist. It's nihilistic in a way that it borders existentialism since he might not care what the hell's going on in the world, he still thinks there's something to live for. 

I'm not going to say anything since I don't want to cause extreme arguments, but I do share some views with Isaac.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

All I want to say is that no one is certain why or what created everything we see and feel.

I also don't see why science and religion cant go hand in hand.

I'm going to say extremists and fanatics ruin everything. Also, the power-hungry and corrupted. Politics, religion, science, films, technology, countries, gaming, even food and clothing. Also, if you haven't noticed, fan and fanatic are similar words; fan is considered to be a shortened version of fanatic.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I think this topic is guns be hella controversial. As a believer I do think that humans were created in 6 days. Now, to the point. People can say "science proves there is no God" all they want. Science is also just a way of explaining him. Now I don't want to get into the arguments with genetics and such because, frankly, it's pointless. I don't believe people evolved from monkeys (IMHO that's silly). I'm not looking for flame or arguments, but I would appreciate a good DISCUSSION. On topic: I believe God did this do that we would be required to have faith in him. People are always looking for evidence. Why? Because we want to know for sure. In this case God made it so that we would have to trust he exists. It would see he likes to give little teasers along the way.

Inb4 " Science proves God can't exist".

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I think there is no god, so to me, this question is irrelevant. Also, please don't believe in the whole 6 day thing. I'm fine with people thinking that there is a god and that he created the universe and all, but the whole 6 day creation thing annoys me as it has been proven that humans were not made by some dude in the sky experimenting with some clay but instead have evolved from more primitive primates. We share 99% or out DNA with chimps and we are very much part of the primate family of species. 

So if we are 50-75%water, does that make us an ocean? Each water molecule contains enough energy to fulfill it's hypertonic duties. 

So if we are 50-75%water, does that make us an ocean? Each water molecule contains enough energy to fulfill it's hypertonic duties. 

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! Oh my F..... GOD! You did not just say that!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I dunno, it looks to me like he rushed it, have you seen the state of the place?

I can't even....

The quote made so sense, the earth makes the frequency because it does due to the way it moves. Do you have any proof there is devine intervention invovlved?

The main problem is that people generally take things too literally. The whole 6 days of creation is just a symbol and it caries a message, it does not mean that Earth was created in 6 days or 144 hours of our perceived time literally. Now, you may ask what that message is and answer is that it is a personal message crafted for each individual to find it depending on their life experiences. Bible is a philosophical book, it is not a science book with facts, experiments and theorems so don't reed it like that. I'm not a church believer just to point out, mostly science and facts.  :D

A lot of claims and things and such are based on the fact that you accept said religion, even if you do not.

Atheist Experience is a nice show that talk about things that are logical and will debate any claim not matter how crazy :P

Two of the most marvelous things about the world that are present at all times and show up unexpectedly are the statutes of God and Science. As a strong believer in God I do solely believe that god created the Heavens and Earth in 6 days. Scientists have been pressured to discredit God and theorize the creation into elements that they can't even explain to their existence. I'm not saying all scientists are bad, infact I never stated any were, but some have come up with truly marvelous theories and ideas about the way we interact with our selves and the planets. Just an example is from Winfried Schumann. He proposed that the earth creates a resonance from it's revolutions at a proposed 7.83Hz. Now for you math and band geeks this is about equal to a B note sub 2. But the deeper meaning is, Why did God choose this considering we can't see him, nor hear this frequency, but we know they exist.

Also that is said to be the heartbeat of the earth, I see no supernatural connection

Meh, I just live my life the way I see fit, I'm not really religious but I don't acknowledge or try to disapprove that a greater power exists because its just a waste of time to me. 

Who cares if he exists or not? Why bother trying to figure something like that out when its impossible to prove or disapprove? If god exists then great he exists if he doesn't then oh well he doesn't. There are far more important things to do with your time than trying to figure out if a greater power exists, there are numerous more productive things we could be doing that could actively benefit our everyday lives. 

I'll do what I think is right by my standards, if I am to be sent to heaven or hell for what I've done in my lifetime whatever it may be then so be it. *Shrugs* 

Interesting Philosopher some of you guys might find interesting: Alan Watts 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The main problem is that people generally take things too literally. The whole 6 days of creation is just a symbol and it caries a message, it does not mean that Earth was created in 6 days or 144 hours of our perceived time literally. Now, you may ask what that message is and answer is that it is a personal message crafted for each individual to find it depending on their life experiences. Bible is a philosophical book, it is not a science book with facts, experiments and theorems so don't reed it like that. I'm not a church believer just to point out, mostly science and facts. :D

Depending on the group they will agree or disagree or say you are going to hell:/

Depending on the group they will agree or disagree or say you are going to hell:/

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if would be just fine if only more people would think about what is being said instead of just lashing out immediately for thinking they are under attack.

I stopped reading at "God."

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

I stopped reading at "God."

Lol, made my day