Question for an electrician

ImGodz
Go to solution Solved by akio123008,

12 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

That tells you nothing about what it can drive it's just a layout without an info pertaining to what you're after. You might be able to work it out with the wattage if you know the voltage or current the headphones are taking but other than that it's no use. 

We know the impedance of the headphones and can compute the output voltage (roughly) of the amplifier to get a pretty good estimate:

80W into an 8ohm impedance (according to the spec sheet) gives an output voltage of 25.29V (as P = U^2/R)

25.29V into the 600ohm headset impedance gives 640/600 = 1.066W of power. Plenty of power (probably).

Anyway just give it a shot, the impedance of the headphones is much higher than the 8 ohm minimum of the amp so nothing can go wrong.

Hello, I am trying to figure out if my amp can power the headphones Dt 880 (600 ohms), my amp is an sherwood rv-5030r, am I wrong if by looking at this shema it seems like 80w goes to each headphone cup.

Thanks!

rv-5030r.PNG

I would assume it can, but I'm really not sure why you're trying to figure it out from looking at a very uninformative schematic.

I can't make sense of even basic audio shit but maybe this manual will help: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sherwood/rv-5030r.shtml

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

59 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

Hello, I am trying to figure out if my amp can power the headphones Dt 880 (600 ohms), my amp is an sherwood rv-5030r, am I wrong if by looking at this shema it seems like 80w goes to each headphone cup.

Thanks!

That tells you nothing about what it can drive it's just a layout without an info pertaining to what you're after. You might be able to work it out with the wattage if you know the voltage or current the headphones are taking but other than that it's no use. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I would assume it can, but I'm really not sure why you're trying to figure it out from looking at a very uninformative schematic.

I can't make sense of even basic audio shit but maybe this manual will help: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sherwood/rv-5030r.shtml

Yes, This a page from this manual, but I still don't understand if it would work when I look at the specs haha.

amp2.PNG

looks like the amp should be just enough, take what i say with a grain of salt, but i think it should work fine

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

-> Moved to Hobby Electronics

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

We know the impedance of the headphones and can compute the output voltage (roughly) of the amplifier to get a pretty good estimate:

80W into an 8ohm impedance (according to the spec sheet) gives an output voltage of 25.29V (as P = U^2/R)

25.29V into the 600ohm headset impedance gives 640/600 = 1.066W of power. Plenty of power (probably).

Anyway just give it a shot, the impedance of the headphones is much higher than the 8 ohm minimum of the amp so nothing can go wrong.

3 hours ago, akio123008 said:

25V for a set of headphones seems a bit off. Considering the 3.5mm spec is around 1

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

25V for a set of headphones seems a bit off. Considering the 3.5mm spec is around 1

Well yes but that's assuming you've cranked it all the way up on that amp, which is actually designed to drive regular speakers. 

Also these headphones have a rather high impedance of 600 ohms, most headphones have a much lower value.

17 hours ago, akio123008 said:

Thank you so much Akio, your answer is really helpfull!