Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is this power supply enough for this build

Go to solution Solved by Vishera,

If you want explosions that PSU may do that.

NiKw3qU.jpg

Screenshot_20201026_175251.thumb.jpg.20c84bef8027a730852d5a7e474a12e4.jpgis 180 watt lenovo 80+ bronze enough for this build

1- ryzen 5 3400g 

2- corsair vengeance lpx 8 gb

3-240gb BX500 crucial

4-b450m pro4 mother board

Link to post
Share on other sites

^

I would not use it even without gpu though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want explosions that PSU may do that.

NiKw3qU.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Replace as soon as possible.

Theoretically it's enough without GPU, but not advised.

ok i won't put it thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vishera said:

If you want explosions that PSU may do that.

NiKw3qU.jpg

how much watts should i put in the same build without gpu

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zain.king said:

ok i won't put it thanks

btw  I recommend asking in the forums, which to buy.

 

  

2 minutes ago, zain.king said:

how much watts should i put in the same build without gpu

500W good PSU would be good imo

 

But what model is another question.

... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zain.king said:

how much watts should i put in the same build without gpu

500w b tier psu or better from this list

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zain.king said:

how much watts should i put in the same build without gpu

450W, I recommend the Bitfenix Formula Gold,top-notch quality.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend at least 650w 80 gold.

 

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MewMew said:

I'd recommend at least 650w 80 gold.

 

No? Nonsense, even if adding a gpu 650 is really not necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nox_ said:

No? Nonsense, even if adding a gpu 650 is really not necessary.

Because OP will always have the same specs.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MewMew said:

Because OP will always have the same specs.

What?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nox_ said:

No? Nonsense, even if adding a gpu 650 is really not necessary.

idk if hes planning on reusing the psu for future builds then it might not be a bad idea. and the 3070 will probably be recommended a 650w psu

Link to post
Share on other sites

650W is if the OP wanted RTX3070 

... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

idk if hes planning on reusing the psu for future builds then it might not be a bad idea. and the 3070 will probably be recommended a 650w psu

3080 can be used with a good 650 unit easy, why would you need 650 for a 3070? Also

10 minutes ago, MewMew said:

at least 650w 80 gold.

At least? 650w might not be horrible idea if some higher tier build are possible in the future, but getting even more is just silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nox_ said:

3080 can be used with a good 650 unit easy, why would you need 650 for a 3070? Also

At least? 650w might not be horrible idea if some higher tier build are possible in the future, bet getting even more is just silly.

yeah you could get away with less but its not a good idea to play around with psu limitations. also ive noticed that recently there isnt a huge price difference its like 10-20 dollars between a 500w and 650w psu of comparable quality 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nox_ said:

At least? 650w might not be horrible idea if some higher tier build are possible in the future, but getting even more is just silly.

I don't like to mess around with wattage. Your [mileage] voltage may vary; a PSU should be considered an investment for updating. Relegating your options for a cheap deal can be detrimental.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

yeah you could get away with less but its not a good idea to play around with psu limitations. also ive noticed that recently there isnt a huge price difference its like 10-20 dollars between a 500w and 650w psu of comparable quality 

If the price difference is not huge it's not terrible idea. I kinda agree with you but that thing about limitations of a psu is not really an issue if it's a good unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i would buy a 500 watt because power supply's are expensive in where i live 500 watt would be 40-50 dollars 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MewMew said:

I don't like to mess around with wattage. Your [mileage] voltage may vary; a PSU should be considered an investment for updating. Relegating your options for a cheap deal can be detrimental.

Was not talking about cheaping out, would never advise to cheap out on a psu but buying way too much for no real reason is silly imho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zain.king said:

i would buy a 500 watt because power supply's are expensive in where i live 500 watt would be 40-50 dollars 

You should get a decent unit, especially if upgrades will be done, don't just get the cheap one, invest a bit more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nox_ said:

If the price difference is not huge it's not terrible idea. I kinda agree with you but that thing about limitations of a psu is not really an issue if it's a good unit.

i got a cx650m a few months ago reasoning that gpus will get more efficient so i will never need more but now i have a 3080 with a 750w recommendation LUL.

 

now it runs but it still makes me a bit nervous since the gpu hits 380w and theres a particular thing about the cx650m is that its fucking loud when near full load. at first when i heard it i was like wtf i thought the ftw3 was supposed to be quiet and then i open up the case and listen and its coming from the psu.

 

now im upgrading to a 850w leadex III psu and Idk what im going to do with the cx650m. i should have just bought the leadex in the first place since it was only 30 dollars more expensive

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×