is this power supply enough for this build

zain.king
Go to solution Solved by Vishera,

If you want explosions that PSU may do that.

NiKw3qU.jpg

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i got a cx650m a few months ago reasoning that gpus will get more efficient so i will never need more but now i have a 3080 with a 750w recommendation LUL.

now it runs but it still makes me a bit nervous since the gpu hits 380w and theres a particular thing about the cx650m is that its fucking loud when near full load. at first when i heard it i was like wtf i thought the ftw3 was supposed to be quiet and then i open up the case and listen and its coming from the psu.

now im upgrading to a 850w leadex III psu and Idk what im going to do with the cx650m. i should have just bought the leadex in the first place since it was only 30 dollars more expensive

CX650 is not amazing though, would not use it with 3080, if it was a better unit, yeah. 850 is imho really not necessary but leadtex is a good unit, it won't hurt to have more w, I just really dislike overkill wattage psu recomendations when quality should be the main concern imho.

2 minutes ago, nox_ said:

CX650 is not amazing though, would not use it with 3080, if it was a better unit, yeah. 850 is imho really not necessary but leadtex is a good unit, it won't hurt to have more w, I just really dislike overkill wattage psu recomendations when quality should be the main concern imho.

well better units cost as much as the 850w leadex anyways and yep if someone never wants to get a gpu and only use their computer for office etc then i wouldnt recommend a 850w psu