TOMB RAIDER

LawrenceBarnes2013

Did you really just say that because I don't like quick time events I'm not a hardcore gamer?! LOL

well if ur slow gaming reaction proves any it's that !! if  u play bf4 online or crysis the other payers arn't gonna wait for u to react ,wright ? u probably gonna get smoked the moment ur head popes on the clear ;) no harsh feelings dude we're just talking

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

well if ur slow gaming reaction proves any it's that !! if  u play bf4 online or crysis the other payers arn't gonna wait for u to react ,wright ? u probably gonna get smoked the moment ur head popes on the clear ;) no harsh feelings dude we're just talking

Dude, when did I ever say that my reaction time is too slow? Tomb Raider has way too many moments where you aren't controlling a dang thing and that completely broke the immersion for me.

You do realize that to a lot of people, quicktime events do not equal good gameplay right? It's outright lazy if anything.

Please do say I have slow reflexes and would probably suck at bf4/crysis/runtothemillFPS (I'd love for you to).

Dude, when did I ever say that my reaction time is too slow? Tomb Raider has way too many moments where you aren't controlling a dang thing and that completely broke the immersion for me.

well that's the point of the game ,she finds her self in tricky situations all the time and she have to react quick to save her self as a pose to that she's looking for "adventure"

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

well that's the point of the game ,she finds her self in tricky situations all the time and she have to react quick to save her self as a pose to that she's looking for "adventure"

Quicktime events do not enforce this very well and is extremely lazy design. A recent game that did it somewhat well: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

A couple of games who did it poorly: Tomb Raider, Battlefield 3/4

this was the first game in quite awhile that I couldn't stop playing till I finished it.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

You do realize that to a lot of people, quicktime events do not equal good gameplay right? It's outright lazy if anything.

Please do say I have slow reflexes and would probably suck at bf4/crysis/runtothemillFPS (I'd love for you to).

well i never played against u so... i can't tell :D  u know that in war games u have to have quick reflex so ur lunching grenades and shouting them and swapping guns and rifles at the same time so u got to be quick u know wht i'm saying

Oh...wow I did underestimate. :o Did you not own a console as a kid? Because if you didn't that's probably where your inability stems from. 

nope, no console.  I had an xbox 360 for a while, but I was already in my 20's.  and I only played forza on it.  I can do driving games and side scrollers with a controller.  FPS and 3rd person I can't do at all...

Am I the only one that didn't like it? This is the review I wrote on greenmangaming:

This game is not for everyone. There is a great story with great voice acting, amazing graphics, and great cinematography. The constant cutscenes, and quick time button mashing events can make it feel like you are barely even playing the game. Half the time you are just sitting back and watching a film. However if your are looking for an easy laid back game with an immersive story then this is what you are looking for. An example of one of the moments that really bothered me is that there are quite a few times where your avatar Laura is hanging onto the edge of a cliff and one of her hands slips, leaving her single handily dangling. You must quickly press a button to swing her dangling hand back onto the ledge or she will fall to her death and you will need to restart the event. However one of these moments happened again and so I started quickly pressing the button to save myself but no matter what I did she still fell and I discovered that it was all just part of the story as she fell and slid down the hill. This really broke my immersion making me feel like I had no control of the game and was simply watching already decided events take place. I got the game on sale so I still think it was worth it to play.

I'm a big fan of games that tell a story...  kinda like watching a move but you have control over the main character...  Thats prolly why I liked it so much

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

UNDERWORLD ,so much  alike with this one ,but the graphics weeeeeell  the 2013 just smoked it ,specially when u get back to stander hair quality rather then TressFX

thanks, I'll look into it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Quicktime events do not enforce this very well and is extremely lazy design. A recent game that did it somewhat well: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

A couple of games who did it poorly: Tomb Raider, Battlefield 3/4

well if u find that  BF3/4 's game play and time reflex was done poorly then dude i rest my case !!!!!!!!!!

well i never played against u so... i can't tell :D  u know that in war games u have to have quick reflex so ur lunching grenades and shouting them and swapping guns and rifles at the same time so u got to be quick u know wht i'm saying

How does this make quicktime events good? Besides, shouting and swapping guns does not mean you have good reflexes. It means you should probably stop playing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/nezmoth/stats/354482909/pc/

this was the first game in quite awhile that I couldn't stop playing till I finished it.

me too men

well if u find that  BF3/4 's game play and time reflex was done poorly then dude i rest my case !!!!!!!!!!

I think you fail to realize that quick time events = / = reflex. It removes freedom from gameplay and how things COULD play out, it just enforces a certain playstyle.

Have a nice video about it

How does this make quicktime events good? Besides, shouting and swapping guns does not mean you have good reflexes. It means you should probably stop playing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/nezmoth/stats/354482909/pc/

Really ?? then what's the point of war games then ? it is to simulate true war conditions ,and i don't think u'll make alive of real  war if u where RELAXED as u're wishing .wright ? besides if that's what u're after ply splinter cell i wouldn't consider it a hardcore game but it'll do it for u for me i like total war  and that's ur opinion and i'm  cool with it

Really ?? then what's the point of war games then ? it is to simulate true war conditions ,and i don't think u'll make alive of real  war if u where RELAXED as u're wishing .wright ? besides if that's what u're after ply splinter cell i wouldn't consider it a hardcore game but it'll do it for u for me i like total war  and that's ur opinion and i'm  cool with it

You're still failing to understand, I'm not saying having good reflexes is a bad thing.

I'm saying QUICK TIME EVENTS are a bad thing to games.

You just really don't get it. A good video game has the player make decisions and relies on the player's skill to progress.

I think you fail to realize that quick time events = / = reflex. It removes freedom from gameplay and how things COULD play out, it just enforces a certain playstyle.

Have a nice video about it

??????

You just really don't get it. A good video game has the player make decisions and relies on the player's skill to progress.

imo a few quicktime events don't ruin a game from being good, unless they accessivly use them.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

imo a few quicktime events don't ruin a game from being good, unless they accessivly use them.

Yes. Tomb Raider for me was too excessive. That doesn't mean that I have poor reaction skills and suck at games though. @LawrenceBarnes2013

Yes. Tomb Raider for me was too excessive. That doesn't mean that I have poor reaction skills and suck at games though. @LawrenceBarnes2013

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  weeeeell i think it quit does lolzzzzz  dude lolz

You're still failing to understand, I'm not saying having good reflexes is a bad thing.

I'm saying QUICK TIME EVENTS are a bad thing to games.

na na na i get where  ur coming from dude it's all good ,as i said that's ur opinion and i respect it

na na na i get where  ur coming from dude it's all good ,as i said that's ur opinion and i respect it

You don't though, and you show exactly that in the post right above this one.

??????

how about everyone just agree's to disagree...  some people don't mind quicktime events, some hate them... lets leave it at that

how about everyone just agree's to disagree...  some people don't mind quicktime events, some hate them... lets leave it at that

cool  hhhhhh u know what u and me should ply against itch other some time CRYSIS 3 ? BF 4 maybe

cool  hhhhhh u know what u and me should ply against itch other some time CRYSIS 3 ? BF 4 maybe

I don't know if anyone has told you this yet, but your grammar is nauseating.