TOMB RAIDER

LawrenceBarnes2013

WHAT DID U THINK ABOUT IT ?? for me it is awesome at ultimate quality  with TRESS FX the hair looks stunning and the gameplay is even better

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

One of my favorite games I played last year, along with Far Cry 3

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

I was surprised how much I liked it...  plan on buying the next one also...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

It's a lot like Uncharted except I wanted to bone the main character the whole game...So two thumbs up! 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

It's a lot like Uncharted except I wanted to bone the main character the whole game...So two thumbs up! 

uncharted is a play station exclusive, right?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Fun game but I really wanted more exploration of ruins and basically raiding tombs

I liked the older series better because of the puzzles and actual tomb raiding. But this game is still a very nice revamp of the series. I would love to play another one of Lara's stories.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I liked the older series better because of the puzzles and actual tomb raiding. But this game is still a very nice revamp of the series. I would love to play another one of Lara's stories.

I've only played this last one, kinda interested in trying one of the older ones.  which would you recommend?

I've only played this last one, kinda interested in trying one of the older ones.  which would you recommend?

Tomb Raider Anniversary is a remake of the original Tomb Raider.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8000/

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

uncharted is a play station exclusive, right?

yes

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

yes

shame I'm useless with a controller...  i wanna play uncharted and the last of us

shame I'm useless with a controller...  i wanna play uncharted and the last of us

I thought I was useless with a mouse and keyboard until I simply got used to it. I'm better with a controller for competitive play though 

I thought I was useless with a mouse and keyboard until I simply got used to it. I'm better with a controller for competitive play though

I think you underestimate what I mean by useless... I can't even get up and down, I usually end up doing the opposite or whatever I'm thinking... Doesn't matter if it set in inverted or not... Don't even get me started maintaining any kinda control on how much I move or stopping even remotely close to where I wanna stop...

I think you underestimate what I mean by useless... I can't even get up and down, I usually end up doing the opposite or whatever I'm thinking... Doesn't matter if it set in inverted or not... Don't even get me started maintaining any kinda control on how much I move or stopping even remotely close to where I wanna stop...

Oh...wow I did underestimate. :o Did you not own a console as a kid? Because if you didn't that's probably where your inability stems from. 

I just finished it a couple days ago, I thought it was fairly good, nothing special but enjoyable. 

Probably my favorite game I played in a very long time. I really liked how the story was done, and didn't mind how much of it was scripted. The last game I enjoyed as much was Mirror's Edge.

Current Build Log: Here on LTT and Corsair's Forum

Am I the only one that didn't like it? This is the review I wrote on greenmangaming:

This game is not for everyone. There is a great story with great voice acting, amazing graphics, and great cinematography. The constant cutscenes, and quick time button mashing events can make it feel like you are barely even playing the game. Half the time you are just sitting back and watching a film. However if your are looking for an easy laid back game with an immersive story then this is what you are looking for. An example of one of the moments that really bothered me is that there are quite a few times where your avatar Laura is hanging onto the edge of a cliff and one of her hands slips, leaving her single handily dangling. You must quickly press a button to swing her dangling hand back onto the ledge or she will fall to her death and you will need to restart the event. However one of these moments happened again and so I started quickly pressing the button to save myself but no matter what I did she still fell and I discovered that it was all just part of the story as she fell and slid down the hill. This really broke my immersion making me feel like I had no control of the game and was simply watching already decided events take place. I got the game on sale so I still think it was worth it to play.

I was surprised how much I liked it...  plan on buying the next one also...

me too ,it surprised me

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I tend to play more MP games, mostly shooters, but this game sucked me in with the story and fun game play. Defiantly worth it to me on sale from Steam, but it is short and I could never see spending full price for it. 

Much info 

well i think they are trying to move on to something better,

UNDERWORLD ,so much  alike with this one ,but the graphics weeeeeell  the 2013 just smoked it ,specially when u get back to stander hair quality rather then TressFX

I just finished it a couple days ago, I thought it was fairly good, nothing special but enjoyable. 

the Tress FX was it 's special thing i mean it really does put an extreme load on ur Graphics card and it looks great never seen something like it

Am I the only one that didn't like it? This is the review I wrote on greenmangaming:

This game is not for everyone. There is a great story with great voice acting, amazing graphics, and great cinematography. The constant cutscenes, and quick time button mashing events can make it feel like you are barely even playing the game. Half the time you are just sitting back and watching a film. However if your are looking for an easy laid back game with an immersive story then this is what you are looking for. An example of one of the moments that really bothered me is that there are quite a few times where your avatar Laura is hanging onto the edge of a cliff and one of her hands slips, leaving her single handily dangling. You must quickly press a button to swing her dangling hand back onto the ledge or she will fall to her death and you will need to restart the event. However one of these moments happened again and so I started quickly pressing the button to save myself but no matter what I did she still fell and I discovered that it was all just part of the story as she fell and slid down the hill. This really broke my immersion making me feel like I had no control of the game and was simply watching already decided events take place. I got the game on sale so I still think it was worth it to play.

well sorry dude but if ur not a hardcore GAMER play angry birds ,and this means if u play CRYSIS 3 at post human warrior difficulty   lol u wont even stand a chance it's just that the Game isn't meant for u :P :P

well sorry dude but if ur not a hardcore GAMER play angry birds ,and this means if u play CRYSIS 3 at post human warrior difficulty   lol u wont even stand a chance it's just that the Game isn't meant for u :P :P

Did you really just say that because I don't like quick time events I'm not a hardcore gamer?! LOL

I don't even know where to begin