700 dollar budget, desktop or laptop or both HELP!!!

Yeeto3

because of the current situation in the world I am currently doing online school, I need at least a chromebook laptop for portability but I do need a stronger desktop for some other things like light video editing, among other things. Do I just try to find a good laptop for 700 bucks or should I try to fit a chromebook and a desktop into the budget? I would be doing an ITX build because it needs to be smaller than my old pc (my parents wanted it to be smaller)

Not to sound overly misanthropic but I'm against Chromebooks simply because of how they market their operating system as being 'secure'. I doubt you'll find a 'strong Chromebook' for video editing. It just depends what sort of software you'll be wanting to run to do said editing. If it's anything on the Adobe Cloud like AE or PS you'll want at least 16gb of ram. 

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Howdy and welcome :)

Its hard to say because Light video editing needs to be further defined. App used, resolution size, and video length would help define your definition of “light”.  $700 isn’t a ton for just a desktop PC.  The cheapest laptops I’ve seen are in the $150 range which would put a “both” build at $550, which is pretty thin for a desktop.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Yeeto3 said:

1080p video editing

So you could get away with using something like Shotcut. This is fine.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv