Is it possible to die of Fright?

whm1974

Since Halloween is coming up shortly, I thought I should ask this first, but... OK I have a small problem with a Young Woman who is a Homeless Drug Addict... Well I have tried to help her before, but quickly learned that she is not worth the trouble. The "not so nice word" will steal from and bite the Hand that helps her. Since she is usually high or going through withdrawal of what drugs she is on...

Anyway I'm thinking of getting a fake realistic sounding chainsaw with hockey mask and well chase the (not so nice word) around the block the next time she shows up... With any luck someone will put it up on YouTube...

So will possibly cause her to die from being well "Scared to Death?" because of the street drugs she partakes of?

13 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

So will possibly cause her to die from being well "Scared to Death?" because of the street drugs she partakes of?

depends on her health

just don't do it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Don’t do it, I don’t think you can technically kill her, but might send her into shock speaking she seems to be using drugs heavily, just call the police and have them remove her from the area.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

38 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Anyway I'm thinking of getting a fake realistic sounding chainsaw with hockey mask and well chase the (not so nice word) around the block the next time she shows up... With any luck someone will put it up on YouTube...

No. It's not even the question of shocking her to death, it just isn't ethically moral to do.

I understand that she's appearing to be abusive towards you and annoying but people who have drug problems have it way worse than you might think and you shouldn't provoke them. They have it hard enough as it is.

I've had an ex-friend who i had to cut off because of his meth problem; these people don't need to be abused.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

14 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

depends on her health

just don't do it

As far as I can tell she is quite healthy and seems able to care for herself given that she is on drugs on living on the street...

6 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Don’t do it, I don’t think you can technically kill her, but might send her into shock speaking she seems to be using drugs heavily, just call the police and have them remove her from the area.

Well she can run faster then the Police then come over, if they bother to show up....

3 minutes ago, MewMew said:

No. It's not even the question of shocking her to death, it just isn't ethically moral to do.

I understand that she's appearing to be abusive towards you and annoying but people who have drug problems have it way worse than you might think and you shouldn't provoke them. They have it hard enough as it is.

I've had an ex-friend who i had to cut off because of his meth problem; these people don't need to be abused.

Oh to be to clear I have no plans to abuse her, but Scare her straight into Rehab...

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Are you 12?

I'm actually old enough to be the young woman's Father, if I had any childern... That is.

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Oh to be to clear I have no plans to abuse her, but Scare her straight into Rehab...

Sending her to rehab isn't your call.

1.If she's high and sees you as a threat she could attack you - she could see you as an arbitrary abuser in the moment.

2.You could give her a bad trip and she could kill herself.

5 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Are you 12?

What in Hell makes you ask me if I'm 12???

12 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

As far as I can tell

I'm no doctor, but I can't tell a person's health by looks alone

And there might be a possibility of her getting PTSD and you getting in trouble for causing it

According to our CS, "Don't be a dick"

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

What in Hell makes you ask me if I'm 12???

That you are seriously considering this "idea"? 

Don't get me wrong, thinking and asking about the consequences before acting would be kind of clever for a 12yo.

13 minutes ago, MewMew said:

Sending her to rehab isn't your call.

1.If she's high and sees you as a threat she could attack you - she could see you as an arbitrary abuser in the moment.

2.You could give her a bad trip and she could kill herself.

Well you do make good points there. I'm so weak that a 8 y/o girl can beat the living crap out me if she wanted to.

I don't want the guilt of causing another person to off themselves...

1 minute ago, LWM723 said:

You will be arrested and charged for doing something as stupid as this.

If you don't mind me asking, what would I be charge with? Mind you I'm very inclined to Obey and Follow the Law.

12 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what would I be charge with? Mind you I'm very inclined to Obey and Follow the Law.

Let's say she attacks you or if she kills herself or harms someone else:

Well, first you'd be arrested and taken downtown.

Then you'd be interviewed by a detective. Based on everything from tone of voice to body language you'd be judged accordingly.

The intent of interviewing isn't to prove you innocent, it's to assume you are and try to beat around the bush to see if you aren't.

If you provoked the attack you're guilty for disturbing the peace. If anyone was harmed in the attack you were the catalyst for the attack. It doesn't matter what drugs she was on, if she wasn't attacking anyone prior to you provoking her it isn't 100% her fault. This is not to say she won't also be charged accordingly.

This is how the law works.

32 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Well she can run faster then the Police then come over, if they bother to show up....

She won’t run if she doesn’t know the police are coming, don’t fuck with her.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

So will possibly cause her to die from being well "Scared to Death?

There's always the chance of them getting a heart-attack, so yes, it is possible. Since you mention that they are a drug-addict, there's no saying about the condition of their cardiovascular system and no, you cannot tell the condition just by looking at them.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You probably don't need reminding, but this isn't legal advice. Nor is anyone else giving legal advice. We are not lawyers. 

I wouldn't do anything malicious. I would contact some shelter, or even get police to do a welfare check if they look bad

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

1 minute ago, MewMew said:

Let's say she attacks you or if she kills herself or harms someone else:

Well, first you'd be arrested and taken downtown.

Then you'd be interviewed by a detective. Based on everything from tone of voice to body language you'd be judged accordingly.

The intent of interviewing isn't to prove you innocent, it's to assume you are and try to beat around the bush to see if you aren't.

If you provoked the attack you're guilty for disturbing the peace. If anyone was harmed in the attack you were the catalyst for the attack. It doesn't matter what drugs she was on, if she wasn't attacking anyone prior to you provoking her it isn't 100% her fault. This is not to say she won't also be charged accordingly.

This is how the law works.

Thank you for informing me...

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Thank you for informing me...

You literally asked.
Also saying that you follow the law means nothing to a detective trying to get his promotion.

Just now, MewMew said:

You literally asked.
Also saying that you follow the law means nothing to a detective trying to get his promotion.

Well I thought I'll do whatever checking I can do first.

Going off topic a bit but some of the detectives you'll meet in your life, (if you ever make mistakes) can be absolute scum.

In closing: instead of provoking her you should call the police or talk to your neighbors / call the city board.

By doing this you can get this person help so she doesn't provoke anyone else. Even if it doesn't seem like she wants help, trust me, she wants it.

2 minutes ago, MewMew said:

Going off topic a bit but some of the detectives you'll meet in your life, (if you ever make mistakes) can be absolute scum.

In closing: instead of provoking her you should call the police or talk to your neighbors / call the city board.

By doing this you can get this person help so she doesn't provoke anyone else. Even if it doesn't seem like she wants help, trust me, she wants it.

If she actually wants help why she go and get it? There are places around where I live that offer Rehab Services. Even Churches that provide such help... However strange sounding thing for an Atheist to say...

The Mental Health Nonprofit that handles my Housing which they get HUD grants for offer Alcohol and Drug addiction Rehab Services. 

Merely wondering here but is there a real life Serial Killer that worn a hockey mask and welded a chainsaw and murdered a bunch a people with said chainsaw?