are Chromebooks just E waste?

IMO Chromebooks are books are pretty good for student

Random Guy : "But mate....... they only have 32GB of storage on them"

Well yea they only have 32GB of storage. But, if you use your school or organization google account e.g. @itenas.ac.id (my university account) you get unlimited storage.

So umm..... you don't need to worried about storage.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Lol duck no, it seems everyone on this forum completely misunderstands what Chromebooks are designed for and exceed at.

Erm, have you read this thread? We generally think they are best for the things you said. 

The only real bad thing about them is that they are being marketed to make people think they can do more.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

21 hours ago, made zos ion said:

Here we will discus this question, "are Chromebooks E waste, or are they just misunderstood?

underrated, we will investigate this question. Note: i'm not  supporting Chromebooks, im neutral about them. let me know what you guys think about them and explain why you think this way or explain your experiences with them.

They are cheap easy to use computers that are good in select instances. For one, lots a schools use them. Because most kids can navigate and use them easily. Hell I just bought my nephew a new Chromebook for $180. He needed it for school. About 5 or so years ago I convinced my dad to buy one for his use. He's very VERY VERY not tech savvy. He has no issues using his Chromebook. To me the biggest age groups that probably benefit from Chromebook are young children and senior citizens.

I think Google is dumb for trying to sell a $1000 Chromebook. Honestly they should just be focusing at the few hundred dollar price point at most. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 10/16/2020 at 10:40 PM, kelvinhall05 said:

Lol fuck no, it seems everyone on this forum completely misunderstands what Chromebooks are designed for and exceed at.

If all you do with a computer is media consumption, web browsing, and basic office work, I'd say Chromebooks are probably the best choice out there. They're the best old people computers, great for schools, and tbh I'd happily rock one as my only laptop (well, I'd be unhappy about the hardware itself, as I really value my IO...but whatever, that's besides the point).

yeah exactly. I used to use my chromebook for school work. I use it for streaming like netflix, youtube, and crunchyroll. People need to understand the average chromebook isn't your super pc or like an $1000 macbook.

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motheboard
    MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
  • RAM
    CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2PK 16GB) 3.2GHz PC4-25600 DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered Non-ECC Desktop Memory Kit with RGB Lighting - Black
  • GPU
    MSI - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Gray
  • Case
    CORSAIR - iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black
  • Storage
    WD - Blue 500GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive Seagate - Barracuda 2TB Internal SATA Hard Drive for Desktops
  • PSU
    CORSAIR - RMx Series 850W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply - Black
  • Display
    Samsung - Odyssey CRG5 series 24” LED Curved FHD FreeSync monitor - Black
  • Keyboard
    Razer Cynosa Chroma
  • Mouse
    Razer Mamba Elite
  • OS
    Windows 10 Home

On 10/17/2020 at 7:05 AM, NineEyeRon said:

The only real bad thing about them is that they are being marketed to make people think they can do more.

Yeah, I cringe when I see some of the ads, though they have got better here in the UK - focusing mostly on battery life in the latest ones. My wife loves hers, but she has the Pixelbook which has an i7... is that cheating? :D 

On 10/17/2020 at 10:44 AM, Grabhanem said:

Most schools give them out to students, yea. At least in the IT dept I work in, most student machines are ChromeOS and most staff machines are WIndows.

I find it hard to recommend Chromebooks as a personal machine because there are so many things that just won't run on them. Want to play almost any kind of game, edit almost any kind of audio or video, use the dedicated Discord app instead of the poorly maintained browser one, or store any reasonably sized file offline? You're out of luck.

+1. a students education needs may be well served by a Chromebook but that same student hobby and digital creativity will be held back by Chrome OS.