RTX 3080 - Were you able to beat the bots?

makadee

I am trying so hard for a few days now to get an RTX off newegg.ca 

I cant seem to get the damn thing to cart, once it goes to cart. It says that the item is no longer available... :( 

Curious to finding out if anyone got lucky with getting one and beating the bots...If you did please share!!

Ryzen 3900XT OC to 4.4Ghz -B550 Aorus Pro - 32Gb 3600Mhz Corsair - RTX 3080 ASUS TUF OC - O11D Dynamic Tempered Glass - 2x 1TB m.2 SSD - 850W GOLD Corsair - Alien Ware Ultra Wide 3440x1440p - MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R RGB - Razer X Chroma - Razer DeathAdder Elite - Windows 10 Pro

No luck here in Germany...

I have one on backorder on alternate.de, but i just got an email 2 days ago that they can't keep up with the extreme demand and aim to fulfill any orders until the end of october / start of november. At least they didn't cancel my order, so i still hope i can get one before the Cyberpunk release.

I recently had someone offer me a 3090 at MSRP, which i was ready to buy if it was a personal exchange, but he didn't show up and ceased contact, so i guess he wasn't serious about selling it after all.

So basically no, i too wassn't able to get a 3080 or 3090 yet...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Haven't seen a 3080 or 3090 in stock yet.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

I managed to order one a week ago.

I probably won't see it till the end of the month, but considering I paid 719€ for a Asus TUF card I can live with that.

The biggest issue I have is that I ordered a new display, since it's 2,5K I won't be able to properly test it with my 980TI.

Since the return window is 1 month I might or might not make it in time.

No, but yes?

I've been there for multiple Nvidia FE drops and I added it to cart got through checkout but got screwed over by entering the credit card.

They aren't quite as scarce as I originally thought, I'm hopeful to get an FE on the next drop (likely Wednesday or Thursday this week)

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

I've almost all but given up trying for the next few weeks.  The bots and lack of any protection from them are just ridiculous. Newegg and Amazon have both started listing cards with scalper prices up to $2000 for a 3080 and $3000 for a 3090 !!Why would they even try and stop the bots when they can link to them and get an extra kickback. This whole thing has been just ludicrous. A number of things should have happened to make it less painful. Nvidia should have waited until they and AIB partners had stock, they should have done a preorder and they should have had SOME sort of bot protection. 

958A10B6-A222-4C38-A5F6-7D6565FEDCF1.png

B96BB16F-78F7-44E3-A0EB-60B0B54BEF46.png

2 hours ago, MedicGarou said:

I've almost all but given up trying for the next few weeks.  The bots and lack of any protection from them are just ridiculous. Newegg and Amazon have both started listing cards with scalper prices up to $2000 for a 3080 and $3000 for a 3090 !!Why would they even try and stop the bots when they can link to them and get an extra kickback. This whole thing has been just ludicrous. A number of things should have happened to make it less painful. Nvidia should have waited until they and AIB partners had stock, they should have done a preorder and they should have had SOME sort of bot protection. 

958A10B6-A222-4C38-A5F6-7D6565FEDCF1.png

B96BB16F-78F7-44E3-A0EB-60B0B54BEF46.png

Man I 100% agree with you. I am starting to get really pissed off.... Amazon and Newegg are releasing inventory. But these fucking bots are buying them within seconds. Is everyone who works in the GPU industry fucking retarded... They need to figure out how to cut off these bots.... They will never stop. I doubt it will be fixed for months....

Ryzen 3900XT OC to 4.4Ghz -B550 Aorus Pro - 32Gb 3600Mhz Corsair - RTX 3080 ASUS TUF OC - O11D Dynamic Tempered Glass - 2x 1TB m.2 SSD - 850W GOLD Corsair - Alien Ware Ultra Wide 3440x1440p - MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R RGB - Razer X Chroma - Razer DeathAdder Elite - Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, makadee said:

Man I 100% agree with you. I am starting to get really pissed off.... Amazon and Newegg are releasing inventory. But these fucking bots are buying them within seconds. Is everyone who works in the GPU industry fucking retarded... They need to figure out how to cut off these bots.... They will never stop. I doubt it will be fixed for months....

It's not just bots. Honestly right now there's just tons of demand. 3080 FE restocks had next to no bots, just tons of people who got one because they happened to be online

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

4 hours ago, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

No, but yes?

I've been there for multiple Nvidia FE drops and I added it to cart got through checkout but got screwed over by entering the credit card.

They aren't quite as scarce as I originally thought, I'm hopeful to get an FE on the next drop (likely Wednesday or Thursday this week)

How did you manage to get it to add to cart? I have not once even seen that button become available on FE edition from the actual nvidia website

2 minutes ago, makadee said:

How did you manage to get it to add to cart? I have not once even seen that button become available on FE edition from the actual nvidia website

Wednesday two weeks ago 6:30pm EST. There was also a drop at 12:35am EST (wasn't there for that though).

Last Thursday, 2:30PM EST.

Both drops lasted around 1 minute, tho the 12:35am EST one was apparently longer

Just now, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

Wednesday two weeks ago 6:30pm EST. There was also a drop at 12:35am EST (wasn't there for that though).

Last Thursday, 2:30PM EST.

Both drops lasted around 1 minute, tho the 12:35am EST one was apparently longer

How do you know when the drops are?

7 minutes ago, makadee said:

Thats true nam sayin

4 minutes ago, makadee said:

How do you know when the drops are?

RTX 3080 tracking discords

I wonder if Jensen will address the whole total shit show this launch has been tomorrow during the press conference

Been trying repeatedly every day since launch of both nvidia FE and newegg stock.

Newegg have seemed to get close but when you add to cart, it's gone. Like within 3 seconds of it popping up as available, it can't be added to cart.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

41 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Been trying repeatedly every day since launch of both nvidia FE and newegg stock.

Newegg have seemed to get close but when you add to cart, it's gone. Like within 3 seconds of it popping up as available, it can't be added to cart.

I'll admit I have zero knowledge of website design and e-commerce but it seems like they should have a way that when someone adds it to their cart it's locked in to them.. Seems like this is happening to everyone.   

At this point I may just wait until the new AMD or Intel CPU's come out to do a full new system build.. At least we know that both AMD and Intel know how to do a launch and bots won't be as much of a problem. 

I’ve been able to get a gigabyte eagle, evga black and evga xc ultra online so far. 
I kept the evga xc ultra and sold the other cards to my friends that couldn’t get them. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

I was able to get a 3090 fe on Thursday. With luck, it will be here tomorrow. If you are near your computer join don't notification discord servers and setup distill for a few of the pages you are interested in. That is the best you can do if you don't have the ability to program some form of automation to assist you. 

5 hours ago, Boby_New said:

Thats true nam sayin

sayin nam sayin

4 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

yeah dude what the actual fuck is this!!!! It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating man... 

2 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I’ve been able to get a gigabyte eagle, evga black and evga xc ultra online so far. 
I kept the evga xc ultra and sold the other cards to my friends that couldn’t get them. 

how did you get so lucky?

46 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

I was able to get a 3090 fe on Thursday. With luck, it will be here tomorrow. If you are near your computer join don't notification discord servers and setup distill for a few of the pages you are interested in. That is the best you can do if you don't have the ability to program some form of automation to assist you. 

Are you saying use the discord channels that inform you or dont? Sorry didnt understand