PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING LAPTOP

Agena_

I got a brand new laptop a week ago, today. i put in the charger and it says plugged in, not charging?

Why is this?

Can i have some help

Thank You

What's the model of the laptop? Have you made sure the outlet you are using works?

2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

What's the model of the laptop? Have you made sure the outlet you are using works?

yes its a lenovo 15ARE05, Ive checked everything is plugged in. but it just randomly happened. i charged it at 4pm. and at 11pm it says this?

Try doing a restart of the laptop, as simple as it sounds it actually fixes a lot of problems and is easy to try.

odds are its a bad battery or motherboard.  I work on computers and i see this all the time.  Try updating BIOS tho via lenovo vantage before contacting them.

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

24 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

odds are its a bad battery or motherboard.  I work on computers and i see this all the time.  Try updating BIOS tho via lenovo vantage before contacting them.

Restarted and didn't help. 

I saw a bios update pop up couple of days ago, but was scared to update. Should I update it before I plan to call lenovo tommorow. Or should I wait for their response.

Many thanks

4 hours ago, Agena_ said:

Restarted and didn't help. 

I saw a bios update pop up couple of days ago, but was scared to update. Should I update it before I plan to call lenovo tommorow. Or should I wait for their response.

Many thanks

preform the bios update and make sure its plugged in.  Even if it isnt charging.  If the battery is below like 30% i woundnt do it only because if the machine dies during the update, it kinda gets bricked

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

5 hours ago, xdeathshot20 said:

preform the bios update and make sure its plugged in.  Even if it isnt charging.  If the battery is below like 30% i woundnt do it only because if the machine dies during the update, it kinda gets bricked

did bios update, nothing worked. im installing windows updates now? im so worried

Does it say it's charging and stuck on some percentage? Open Lenovo Vantage and see if Conservation Mode is on, if yes turn it off. 

image.thumb.png.e07fb214f6b23031d30712ac9173f324.png

Check the port, make sure that you can't just see like copper, I had an old HP laptop and the covering came off so the charger was barely touching the bare metal.

Bobbyct

Main Build: Intel i7 10700k | EVGA Nvidia 3060ti FTW3 | Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro 4x8 @3200Corsair 465x iCUE Smart Case 

If you got it last week I would just send it back and get a new one. Sure there are things you can try to get it working, but if you just bought it brand new then I would try to return it to wherever you bought it from and get a new one. Even if it starts working now who knows if the problem will resurface in a year or two. I wouldn't take any chances and just try to get a new one

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W