Watchdogs PS4 E3 trailer Vs PS4 Reality...

Just came across this video

It's interesting how vastly different the E3 trailer (2012) looks from the PS4 trailer (2014)

A lot can happen in 2 years but it was rumored that all of the PS4 demo's at E3 were done with much more powerful PC's

thoughts?

edit

''1. The E3 Demo was run on high end PCs with PS4 controllers.

2. The so called 'PS4 gameplay' released six months ago was also filmed on high-end PCs

3. The story trailer is PS4 footage.''

- @Hawx

2309326-watchdogs.jpg

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

um this has been posted like 2 times already. also the devs said that supposedly watch dogs will not look like the latest gameplay trailer but it will look like at e3. i wonder

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

um this has been posted like 2 times already. also the devs said that supposedly watch dogs will not look like the latest gameplay trailer but it will look like at e3. i wonder

I searched and I couldn't find anything. both forum search and Google search and I didn't find anything.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I searched and I couldn't find anything. both forum search and Google search and I didn't find anything.

well i saw at least 2 topics about the watch dogs graphics in the new gameplay trailer

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

well i saw at least 2 topics about the watch dogs graphics in the new gameplay trailer

Honestly the PS4 trailer looks like gta4 on PC

not exactly next gen is it?

I know you said the devs said it won't look like that but it will be interesting if it does end up looking like a last gen game.

Hail Sithis!

I know you said the devs said it won't look like that but it will be interesting if it does end up looking like a last gen game.

ya i dont trust the devs. just cuz they say it doesnt mean its gona be like that. 

Specs of my PC:

The modern recordings seem to lack contrast, would love to know they were recorded with.

But this is normal, I remember the last gen when Sony used entirely CG trailers and everyone thought that how it would look.

I expect there is plenty trailers where they turn the AI off and script it all and ramp up the settings or use higher end hardware, because in the end they get away with it.

It's just different lighting, smoke, particle effects, distant textures, up close textures. I don't understand why people are freaking out over it.

fixed that for ya ;)

Hail Sithis!

The modern recordings seem to lack contrast, would love to know they were recorded with.

But this is normal, I remember the last gen when Sony used entirely CG trailers and everyone thought that how it would look.

I expect there is plenty trailers where they turn the AI off and script it all and ramp up the settings or use higher end hardware, because in the end they get away with it.

haha yeah, I remember the metal gear solid launch for the PS3, that game looked like a movie but alas we were duped. well...I wasn't. I don't have a console :P

Hail Sithis!

I've compiled these three points from a Ubisoft forums thread:

1. The E3 Demo was run on high end PCs with PS4 controllers.

2. The so called 'PS4 gameplay' released six months ago was also filmed on high-end PCs

3. The story trailer is PS4 footage.

So, you can expect the ultra snazzy lighting and physics on the PC. However the story trailer is a true representative of PS4 gameplay.

So now we can all scream 'PC Master Race' at the already outdated PS4 graphics. (That was particularly sarcasm, before someone shouts at me)

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I've compiled these three points from a Ubisoft forums thread:

1. The E3 Demo was run on high end PCs with PS4 controllers.

3. The story trailer is PS4 footage.

So, you can expect the ultra snazzy lighting and physics on the PC. However the story trailer is a true representative of PS4 gameplay.

So now we can all scream 'PC Master Race' at the already outdated PS4 graphics. (That was particularly sarcasm, before someone shouts at me)

Yes, yes, yes! I love this :)

No tears please PS4... it's a waste of good suffering. Mwhahaha

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

PC the master race!

Proccy: i5 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v, GFX card: Asus DCUII gtx 760, Ram: corsair vengence 8GB, PSU: corsair vx550w, Case: Coolermaster cm 690 II advanced, HDD: Segate 1TB+ 500GB , Mouse: logitech g400s, Keyboard: Motospeed ck104

PC the master race!

Please...just don't

Hail Sithis!

PC the master race!

Damn, I had my chance to 'inb4' and I missed it.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Damn, I had my chance to 'inb4' and I missed it.

better luck next time. :P

Hail Sithis!

better luck next time. :P

Btw, could you edit in what I said into the OP? It would stop the confusion and unneeded attacking of Ubisoft.

Btw, could you edit in what I said into the OP? It would stop the confusion and unneeded attacking of Ubisoft.

wait what?

Hail Sithis!

wait what?

Scroll up to my first post in this topic.

Ughhh .... omg

this is just sad

i thought console fanboys will finally have good looking games for once

but ...wow

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

As long as it looks good on PC I am fine.

I ordered on PC. Does the PC graphics still look amazing or has the graphics been nerfed on that as well?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It's just different lighting. I don't understand why people are freaking out over it.

And aliasing and anisotropic filtering. SSAO and probably a whole bunch of other stuff like textures have been taken out of turned down for the console versions. It is false advertising when it tries to make the console version look amazing and than when the game comes out it looks like crap. Forza was the same thing. But it's nice to know that the PC version looks fantastic.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I've pre-ordered this for my PS4. Only for £15 though as done a deal to trade in Ghosts for it. So I'm willing to give this a try for this price. I have a gaming PC but lately not been enjoying gaming on it as much as my PS4. Plus my PC wouldn't be able to run this. Will see what happens when it's released, hopefully it's a good game!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

This is my number 1 bugbear on the forum, when you call repost LINK THE ORIGINAL POST YOU HAVE SEEN DON'T JUST GUESS AND BE A DOUCHE.

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum-13/announcement-5-when-reporting-a-duplicate-post-please-link-the-original-as-well/

agreed, and some parts, like at 1:54 with tge car smoke looks cell shaded and comic book styled

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015