Help me to build a casual workstation and gaming PC

Budget (including currency): £1000 - £2000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe CC and Casual gaming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have peripherals and an Aorus AD27QD monitor.

It's not available on part picker but I plan to buy a GEFORCE RTX 3070.

The part a choose do far 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£245.58 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S 55.44 CFM CPU Cooler  (£46.52 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (£294.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (£102.98 @ Newegg UK) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£139.98 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£91.49 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£113.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Total: £1035.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-30 09:38 BST+0100

I am not sure about the PSU and motherboard. Plus the i5 might be a bottleneck for the GPU but I have no idea - that's exactly why I am here.

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

i dont think you actually put in a gpu :P 10600k = 8700k. There will be a slight slowdown compared to a 10900k at 5.2/5.3 ghz, but is that worth the extra 500$ worth of CPU+Cooling?

"It's not available on part picker but I plan to buy a GEFORCE RTX 3070."

Important notes I don't want to overclock. I would like this to last.

Just now, K3ther said:

"It's not available on part picker but I plan to buy a GEFORCE RTX 3070."

Important notes I don't want to overclock. I would like this to last.

If you dont care to overclock and you dont want to really bother with stuff, get the 10700 non k, will be better off and the 3070 will match it nicely

why do you want to go intel anyway? a 3800xt is as good or better than 10700k

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

And do you have a better motherboard suggestion?

When I think of the motherboard my only requirement is to keep it future proof and by that I mean if i want to upgrade to a stronger CPU and Wifi. Wifi is important because I live in a shared house and I can't run a cable to my PC.

Just now, mahyar said:

why do you want to go intel anyway? a 3800xt is as good or better than 10700k

I never had AMD I am afraid of it haha. 

Just now, K3ther said:

I never had AMD I am afraid of it haha. 

amd is better

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

amd is better

You mean the i5 - AMD equivalent is better or I can get a better AMD for this price?

Just now, K3ther said:

You mean the i5 - AMD equivalent is better or I can get a better AMD for this price?

yes

Could you elaborate with examples? I helped my fiend to build an AMD PC with the help of this forum but I am not completely comfortable to buy an AMD for myself.

What's the AMD equivalent of i5?

and which AMD CPU is be better for the same price?

2 minutes ago, K3ther said:

Could you elaborate with examples? I helped my fiend to build an AMD PC with the help of this forum but I am not completely comfortable to buy an AMD for myself.

What's the AMD equivalent of i5?

and which AMD CPU is be better for the same price?

what i5 do you mean if 10600 ryzen 5 3600

Just now, mahyar said:

what i5 do you mean if 10600 ryzen 5 3600

We will not understand each other if you don't read my first post.

Just now, K3ther said:

We will not understand each other if you don't read my first post.

i've this thread and ryzen5 3600 is better than 10600 in a lot of ways

9 minutes ago, mahyar said:

amd is better

Fanboism isnt going to get you very far here bud. AMD isnt better in all regards, especially not for gaming. intel Still kicks it (for now) at gaming. a 10700 will still crush a 3700x (they are the same price) so yeah Use your non Fanboy goggles :P

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Fanboism isnt going to get you very far here bud. AMD isnt better in all regards, especially not for gaming. intel Still kicks it (for now) at gaming. a 10700 will still crush a 3700x (they are the same price) so yeah Use your non Fanboy goggles :P

There is a £100 difference between i5 10600 and intel i7 10700 - I am inclined to go for it.

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

im not a fanboy at all i know it seems like that but amd isnt as bad in gaming as people say and in this level of cpu amd or intel doesnt matter that much because expect some game there isn't much of a different 

Just now, mahyar said:

im not a fanboy at all i know it seems like that but amd isnt as bad in gaming as people say and in this level of cpu amd or intel doesnt matter that much because expect some game there isn't much of a different 

You clearly are if you are saying AMD is better as a blanket statement. Dont you backtrack because you got called out :P I use a 3800x and i can clearly see the different needs and use cases, you have not shown that ability.

Gaming is still intels strongsuit, and applications that still prefer clockspeed. In general yes They are still pretty close, but intel is still better (for now) at gaming at 1080p/1440p

aside from the amd/intel debate (10th gen intel is better than 3rd gen amd, but amd is launching new cpus in a week which should be better than intel from leaked specs), the most obvious thing that's wrong with your build is the cpu cooler.

you need a proper big cooler for a hot intel chip. what you picked is a low performance low profile cooler for tiny cases where there is no space.

Let's end the debate. As much as I would like to experiment... I don't have the budget for it and I am an Intel fanboy. I would like to go for intel for my personal casual rig.

I am not sure which processor is the best for this budget and for the 3070. That's where i would like to get some guidance.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

aside from the amd/intel debate (10th gen intel is better than 3rd gen amd, but amd is launching new cpus in a week which should be better than intel from leaked specs), the most obvious thing that's wrong with your build is the cpu cooler.

you need a proper big cooler for a hot intel chip. what you picked is a low performance low profile cooler for tiny cases where there is no space.

I also need a mobo and of course the cpu cooler suggestion once we know which CPU is the best option.

Based on the feedback:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£314.99 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler  (£66.23 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (£294.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (£102.98 @ Newegg UK) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£139.98 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£98.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£96.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Total: £1115.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-30 10:38 BST+0100

18 minutes ago, K3ther said:

Let's end the debate. As much as I would like to experiment... I don't have the budget for it and I am an Intel fanboy. I would like to go for intel for my personal casual rig.

I am not sure which processor is the best for this budget and for the 3070. That's where i would like to get some guidance.

I also need a mobo and of course the cpu cooler suggestion once we know which CPU is the best option.

if you want intel and you don't want to overclock, 10700 non-k would be the best option.

for cooler, i'd go with an arctic freezer 34 esports duo, a gelid phantom or a scythe mugen

2 minutes ago, K3ther said:

Based on the feedback:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700 2.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£314.99 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler  (£66.23 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£98.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£96.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Total: £1115.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-30 10:38 BST+0100

you don't need such a high end motherboard if you don't overclock.

32gb ram are good for video editing

39 minutes ago, mahyar said:

i've this thread and ryzen5 3600 is better than 10600 in a lot of ways

In what world is a 3600 better than a 10600K when it comes to the Adobe Suite and gaming?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Keeping the 10600K and RTX 3070:

But you could obviously go higher-end with the budget.

If you want an even beefier motherboard (which you won't really need with a 10600K), I'd go for a Z490 Unify instead of the Strix Z490-E, unless you need Intel QSV for Adobe.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC