DisplayHDR on a FreeSync PremiumPro with Nvidia Cards

killabunny
1 hour ago, Samfisher said:

I have Modern Warfare 2019 (I mostly play Warzone, but have played a bit of the campaign where I presume would be easier to detect HDR), and when I get my 3080, Watch Dogs Legion cos it comes with it.  I've got Hitman 2...I think.  Pretty sure I do.  Got PUBG (no idea why I bought it, I never played).  Got Destiny 2, although that doesn't have a HDR toggle from what I remember, even when I was trying to test HDR on that.

Got ME Andromeda, Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice, BF1, Hitman 1, Talos Principle.  Unsure about how well the HDR implementations are on these games but I'll try a few of them out and see if I can perceive any difference.

Thank you kindly, sir. Try as much as time allows you. I'd be glad to get your feedback.

15 hours ago, JohnnyBoi11 said:

Thank you kindly, sir. Try as much as time allows you. I'd be glad to get your feedback.

Well, I can say for sure that Hitman 1/2 HDR works correctly.  In fact, the colours popped so much they started hurting my eyes hahaha.  I tested at max brightness with HDR off to test if it was cos of the increased brightness but no, it really was from the HDR setting.

Next up, Andromeda and Hellblade.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Well, I can say for sure that Hitman 1/2 HDR works correctly.  In fact, the colours popped so much they started hurting my eyes hahaha.  I tested at max brightness with HDR off to test if it was cos of the increased brightness but no, it really was from the HDR setting.

Next up, Andromeda and Hellblade.

That sounds good. I am regaining my faith in this new monitor. Bout to pull the trigger.

10 hours ago, JohnnyBoi11 said:

That sounds good. I am regaining my faith in this new monitor. Bout to pull the trigger.

Did more testing.  In Hellblade it definitely works, but in Talos Principle (which you have to enable through config file), I didn't feel HDR did anything to the image quality.  Andromeda is downloading so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT : Well Andromeda is really freakin gorgeous in HDR... Too bad the game is pretty bleh...

Edited by Samfisher

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

23 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Did more testing.  In Hellblade it definitely works, but in Talos Principle (which you have to enable through config file), I didn't feel HDR did anything to the image quality.  Andromeda is downloading so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT : Well Andromeda is really freakin gorgeous in HDR... Too bad the game is pretty bleh...

Ty for all the testing. I am glad to learn that the HDR works more or less in games. Looks like a good investment right now.