Where does this plug in (new pc build)

HWIZXX
2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It's clearly marked Power LED, Power Switch, HDD LED, and Reset Switch... 

That is the same connector? I can't tell

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

And do you have a similar bundle of wires inside your case that are also labelled as Power Switch, Power LED, HDD LED, Reset Switch, etc.? It should be around the front of the case. 

No it doesent look like it. Bro we need Linus for this😂

1 minute ago, HWIZXX said:

No it doesent look like it. Bro we need Linus for this😂

What in the world... what case are you using?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Ya it’s the same connector/cord

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

What in the world... what case are you using?

H510i

4 minutes ago, HWIZXX said:

H510i

I did some digging and you might have the following harnesses in your case. More specifically, the one we should be interested in is the F_PANEL one. Confirm that you have that. I suspect the adapter you have plugs into that F_PANEL thing. That's the only thing I can think of right now. I'll have to do some more digging on this case if that's not the case (pun not intended). 

SOLVED] - Front panel audio jacks are not working | Tom's Hardware Forum

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I did some digging and you might have the following harnesses in your case. More specifically, the one we should be interested in is the F_PANEL one. Confirm that you have that. I suspect the adapter you have plugs into that F_PANEL thing. 

Yes there is a f-panel 

image.jpg

12 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

It's been a while since I've purchased or had the chance to look at a new case. But it seems this adapter might go to this F_PANEL connector coming from the case.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9BL0IvNzgxODU5L29yaWdpbmFsL2hlYWRlci5KUEc=

I suspect MSI provides this adapter because they aren't using the same layout as this connector. It's a pretty common thing. Board manufacturers did whatever they wanted when it came to front panel pin outs. 

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I did some digging and you might have the following harnesses in your case. More specifically, the one we should be interested in is the F_PANEL one. Confirm that you have that. I suspect the adapter you have plugs into that F_PANEL thing. That's the only thing I can think of right now. I'll have to do some more digging on this case if that's not the case (pun not intended). 

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

These 2 aren’t really meant to go together tho

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, HWIZXX said:

Yes there is a f-panel 

You found it, that's where it should go. 

Just now, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

It plugs into there 

It won’t tho

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

You found it, that's where it should go. 

It won’t plug in smoothly tho

1 minute ago, HWIZXX said:

It won’t plug in smoothly tho

The F-Pannel adapter can plug directly into Intel standard motherboards. Or you can do what you are doing now which is manually put the little plugs together. 

XD.JPG

24 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

That picture looks like its for something else keep looking might be an audio connector. 

he is definitely using hte right one as it says JFP underneath

717V%2B1fr39L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

2 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

The F-Pannel adapter can plug directly into Intel standard motherboards. Or you can do what you are doing now which is manually put the little plugs together. 

XD.JPG

I tried doing that and it still wouldn’t boot 

1 hour ago, HWIZXX said:

So I can’t figure out where to plug this in and my pc won’t boot without it I think. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong 

A579A194-5942-403F-83B8-4D15036E3572.jpeg

mayube the PW switch has to be plugged in the other way around? since it has a + and -?

4 minutes ago, HWIZXX said:

Well I guess we'll mess with that adapter a bit later then. Let's just make sure your machine actually POSTs first or else this entire exercise is just a waste a time hahahaaa. In your motherboard manual it should tell you which two pins are for the Power Switch. You want to short those two pints (and those two only) with something conductive, could be a screw driver or a pair of scissors. Doing so will simulate a power button press. If your machine doesn't turn on, then we got other problems to contend with at the moment. Make sure your PSU is plugged in and switched on as well. These MSI motherboards don't have a LED to indicate the board is receiving power like ASUS boards do. Sort of annoying for troubleshooting purposes.

Just now, HWIZXX said:

Make sure you did not mix up the cables should not mater though most are reversible. Could just be a grounding issue due to your screw situation aswell...

3 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

mayube the PW switch has to be plugged in the other way around? since it has a + and -?

Maybe 

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Well I guess we'll mess with that adapter a bit later then. Let's just make sure your machine actually POSTs first or else this entire exercise is just a waste a time hahahaaa. In your motherboard manual it should tell you which two pins are for the Power Switch. You want to short those two pints (and those two only) with something conductive, could be a screw driver or a pair of scissors. Doing so will simulate a power button press. If your machine doesn't turn on, then we got other problems to contend with at the moment. Make sure your PSU is plugged in and switched on as well. These MSI motherboards don't have a LED to indicate the board is receiving power like ASUS boards do. Sort of annoying for troubleshooting purposes.

This will be very helpful I think but me being new to this I don’t know exactly what your saying. Imma screenshot and show it to my friend. Also I have to give up for the night. Thanks so much for the help anyway 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:45 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Thanks so much for helping me earlier and I finally got fans spinning along with my heat sink  graphics card isn’t spinning tho and the moniter  still says no signal 

We should prey for you !!!

I would suggest you STOP.

Get to a Professional to get this going...

Man, Hopefully all the components are free or not yours....

Please get to a computer builder... or if there is someone you know who knows what he is doing...

Sorry for being rude, but that is not the intention... just want to make sure you do not FUBAR the components...