College Laptop with good display

Hi, as I mentioned in the title, I'm looking for a laptop for college. I'm not using it for gaming, just office and watching movies.

The main atuu for this laptop should be the screen, to have the best experience while watching movies.

I was looking at a MacBook Air, but I cant really decide.

The bugdet is around 1000-1200 euros.

Don't get a Macbook (or any Mac for that regard) unless you NEED MacOS and aren't interested in doing a hackintosh.

Do you have a screen size preference? And what do you mean by "good display"?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't get a Macbook (or any Mac for that regard) unless you NEED MacOS and aren't interested in doing a hackintosh.

Hi, by saying good display I mean a bright display, with good colors and view angles.

About screen size, I'd say around 14 inch.

Just now, AndyGamming said:

Hi, by saying good display I mean a bright display, with good colors and view angles.

About screen size, I'd say around 14 inch.

I'd look into a used X1 Carbon or T-series if you want more IO.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If they say they want the best display then there’s no reason to exclude MacBooks since... well, they have some of the most accurate panels on the market. They also have hands down the best speakers which would be a plus for OP’s media consumption.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

9 hours ago, AndyGamming said:

Hi, as I mentioned in the title, I'm looking for a laptop for college. I'm not using it for gaming, just office and watching movies.

The main atuu for this laptop should be the screen, to have the best experience while watching movies.

I was looking at a MacBook Air, but I cant really decide.

The bugdet is around 1000-1200 euros.

Can you get a student discount? If so look at the base 13" Pro. You get a free office suite with it, a 16:10 aspect ratio screen which is great for productivity, the best trackpad in the game by miles and MacOS is a much better place to exist than Windows

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

11 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'd look into a used X1 Carbon or T-series if you want more IO.

Well, he said he want's to watch movies too.

The macbook Air will give a MUCH better experience there than a Thinkpad T-series. I had both here, speaker can't even compare. Macbook Air wins here by ALOT
And the Display was better too on the Macbook.

Let alone the navigation because of the much better Touchpad and gestures.

So from me: Macbook > Any Thinkpad for Multimedia.

In Fact, i would even say: do NOT get any Thinkpad model, because the speakers are trash.

But i wouldn't get a Macbook Air, when the Apple Silicon Macbook Pro 13" will probably come with very minimal price difference, and ALOT more performance.

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

The macbook Air will give a MUCH better experience there than a Thinkpad T-series. I had both here, speaker can't even compare. Macbook Air wins here by ALOT

In Fact, i would even say: do NOT get any Thinkpad model, because the speakers are trash.

But i wouldn't get a Macbook Air, when the Apple Silicon Macbook Pro 13" will probably come with very minimal price difference, and ALOT more performance.

So you're suggesting to waitfor the next mac gen?

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

Depends how they turn out though and you'd be essentially a beta tester. Thought the price was leaked a while ago at $800~

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?