200ft Ethernet vs WiFi

Mercuryaces

I’d like to run an Ethernet cable from my router to my pc, the Ethernet cable is have to buy would be 200ft. Would that slow down the speeds or increase latency significantly? Would a wireless signal be better in this case?

You can run Cat5E upto 100 meters. Your run would be about 61 meters. So you won't see any speed decrease or latency. I would go with Ethernet over Wifi.

Cat5e and up is rated for 1Gbps with no noticeable latency up to 100m/328ft. 200ft is well within spec. 

If you can run the wire, do so, it will be more reliable and faster than any wireless solution of a similar cost. 

Latency is typically measured in ms (milliseconds). Not only is there 0 discernible difference in latency between a 1ft and a 200ft cable but down to the micro second (1/1000 of a millisecond) there is no appreciable difference between a 1ft cable and a 328ft (100m) cable.

Everything will be snappier and faster with wired Ethernet even for that distance.

wired > wifi any day. 

I know standards dictate that 100M should be the cut off but i have seen cables that run longer than 130m and have no impact at all