FREE performance for Ryzen!

Emily Young
14 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Not really. I was just upset that there were no 5700XT benchmarks in GPUPI at all... I'm still the only one apparently.

Lol. Need tips tricks or pointers dont be afraid to ask. 

39 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Lol. Need tips tricks or pointers dont be afraid to ask. 

Well, if you can find a way for me to use different reduction types in GPUPI, then I'd be glad to know them. I can't find anywhere that mentions how to do so. Plenty of the record holders have different methods like "Warp Shuffle", and I can't find any reference to them.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

38 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Well, if you can find a way for me to use different reduction types in GPUPI, then I'd be glad to know them. I can't find anywhere that mentions how to do so. Plenty of the record holders have different methods like "Warp Shuffle", and I can't find any reference to them.

What operating system? Hopefully W7.... 

Wont have any pointers for W10 though...

17 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

What operating system? Hopefully W7.... 

Wont have any pointers for W10 though...

Nope. it's 10. Had to update for the performance improvements brought on by DX12 in certain games. (as well as for the stable use of newer hardware without workarounds)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

2 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Nope. it's 10. Had to update for the performance improvements brought on by DX12 in certain games. (as well as for the stable use of newer hardware without workarounds)

W10 is to heavy for benching. Unless its DX12 3D, then you have no choice.

For GpuPi Windows 7. Install on MBR make a partition. Windows Loader 2.2.2 By Daz. Optionally Zeffy's patch to run 7 on modern hardware.

Get W7 up, I'll find some information that will maximize your scores. LMK.

25 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

W10 is to heavy for benching. Unless its DX12 3D, then you have no choice.

For GpuPi Windows 7. Install on MBR make a partition. Windows Loader 2.2.2 By Daz. Optionally Zeffy's patch to run 7 on modern hardware.

Get W7 up, I'll find some information that will maximize your scores. LMK.

Sorry, but I'm not going back to 7 just for benchmarking, especially when it has no real-world use cases. That's just gaming the system for bragging rights over meaningless numbers IMO.

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

Sorry, but I'm not going back to 7 just for benchmarking, especially when it has no real-world use cases. That's just gaming the system for bragging rights over meaningless numbers IMO.

Same as gaming FPS on W10, just a different operating system.... 

It's always a number chase. CPU clocks, memory clocks, gaming FPS, benchmark scores. 

All just as relevant or not as anything else. 

Everyone chases a number, even you. I think it was GPUPI numbers you where inquiring about.

Any how, I did not see any W10 pointers at our team site. It was all for W7 benching. I can inquire, but I'll get the W7 speech as I just gave you probably lol.

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Any how, I did not see any W10 pointers at our team site. It was all for W7 benching. I can inquire, but I'll get the W7 speech as I just gave you probably lol.

Yeah, I'm just not going through the hassle of reinstalling, or dual booting just to get better benchmarks in an OS I'll likely not use again for the foreseeable future.

I'm also not going for any more world records before new hardware comes out. "First and only 5700XT to complete GPUPI" is sufficient for now.

9 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Yeah, I'm just not going through the hassle of reinstalling, or dual booting just to get better benchmarks in an OS I'll likely not use again for the foreseeable future.

I'm also not going for any more world records before new hardware comes out. "First and only 5700XT to complete GPUPI" is sufficient for now.

Oh? No problem. I'm sorry I cannot find any information in regard to W10 and GPUPI. 

On 8/27/2020 at 5:39 PM, BTGbullseye said:

Not really. I was just upset that there were no 5700XT benchmarks in GPUPI at all... I'm still the only one apparently.

From my past work of debugging AMD's drivers i can tell you why,the drivers were not stable enough for accurate calculations like GPUPI requires,

In GPUPI if the answer deviates from the expected answer then GPUPI will abort and display an error.

People gave up after they experienced that when the card was released.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

13 hours ago, Vishera said:

From my past work of debugging AMD's drivers i can tell you why,the drivers were not stable enough for accurate calculations like GPUPI requires,

In GPUPI if the answer deviates from the expected answer then GPUPI will abort and display an error.

People gave up after they experienced that when the card was released.

I can understand that. I still retried with each driver update that I installed though, and it's been stable enough to run it for a few months at least. I'm surprised that nobody else has ever tried doing this though.

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

I'm surprised that nobody else has ever tried doing this though.

The release hype train is gone,and next gen GPUs are upon us.

But it's nice to know that they fixed that,even if they are one year late.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

5 hours ago, Vishera said:

The release hype train is gone,and next gen GPUs are upon us.

But it's nice to know that they fixed that,even if they are one year late.

They weren't a year late though... I don't update my drivers that often now that I have a decent undervolt/overclock.

@GabenJr, something I'd like to see along the line of this video, but with more a focus toward the beginner is a look at part's company overclocking software.

For example, I have a MSI motherboard and MSI has their MSI Boost X software that's supposed to do...something.. but after googling, asking on MSI's reddit, and trying different things with it, I'll be damned if I can tell you if it does....but it's possible that I don't know what it's supposed to be doing despite what seems like a simple GUI.

But, for my own computer, there's AMD's overclocking software, and MSI's, and NVIDIA's and everyone has their own thing, so something looking at those would be interesting (I grant, though a lot of the LTT audience would be more advanced than these things)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

• 2 weeks later...

am i missing something??  

anthony says,  download and extract the archive.. 

what archive?  care to actually link it with this video instead for 100 affiliate and merch ads?   

run wst in the main folder. 

i dont have any wst files in my folder, 

Can you please explain how to get/download open your mysterious wst file?

Capture.JPG

Ryzen 5 -5600x

ASUS x570

EVGA 3080 XC3

4x8gb 3600 mhz XPG

7 minutes ago, jerkwagon said:

am i missing something??  

anthony says,  download and extract the archive.. 

what archive?  care to actually link it with this video instead for 100 affiliate and merch ads?   

run wst in the main folder. 

i dont have any wst files in my folder, 

Can you please explain how to get/download open your mysterious wst file?

Capture.JPG

Might want to edit the video and tell everyone who wants to try this that the app is not even out yet and you will have to wait, 

Ryzen 5 -5600x

ASUS x570

EVGA 3080 XC3

4x8gb 3600 mhz XPG

Every chip fabbed is slightly different to the next. Hence, "silicon lotto". An AMD Ryzen 7 might get binned a 3700x or 3800x depending on where it passed testing. So, it's possible a 3700x was just an atom away from being marked as a 3800x which would allow additional OCing potential of the 3700x. Conversely, you might have a chip barely passing as a 3800x with next to no additional headroom to spare in OCing.

IMHO, I don't think running the edge of tolerance is worth the performance gain. While tuning additional performance would yield better performance with stability today, it's so on the edge that tomorrow or the next it may decide to miscalculate data an cause a BSOD (kernel panic). And frankly, for the CPU to trip up at the edge could very well be the fault of the MB or PSU. No way of knowing for sure. But my point is system stability isn't assured. You need to have some slack that's only provided at factory binning.

• 2 weeks later...

This does seem a little misleading, at the very least missing some crucial information. Is it like Ryzen Master where you have to enable software each startup? I can't see how it would change BIOS settings, so it makes me think this may jus be an improved/differestion version of PBO. I'm curious how this would compare to a manual all core OC, as well as if this acts similar to PBO where the voltages vary greatly (often much higher than needed to achieve worse clocks) while clocking up and down.

I have an ASUS Prime X570 Pro MOBO, 3700x 4.3Mhz all core overclock, 1.375V Vcore. Vcore LLC is currently at 4, current capability is at 110% (allowing the extra voltage when needed, strangely never under full load in CB20 for instance). Vcore does occasionally hit 1.4V but never underload, rarely, and never at temps above 50C.

Under full artificial load such as CB20, HWinfo reports it undervolts to 1.356Vcore. SoC is set at 1.15V and that is the average however, occasionally hits 1.2V SoC (upper limit of safe according to Ryzen, no higher). My SoC LLC is set to 3 which maybe I should lower. The OC is relatively stable for my use case but generally encounter what I believe is a runtime error after 30 minutes of blender benches, scenarios I don't actually use (never full system crash). I primarily game. I've seen a 10+ FPS increase in most games and consistent 11FPS increase on TimeSpy's CPU bench from stock FPS 25 to ~30 gaining the last 6 FPS totaling 36 by manually setting the infinity fabric in BIOS, have yet to tighten timings but my RAM is senstive to OCing/tightening timings.

I can reach higher all core clock OCs stable 4.325-4.35Mhz at higher voltages but I'm not comfortable with anything above 1.4V.  After an 8 hour gaming session max CPU (Tctl/Tdie) was 76C, likely an outlier or polling error, the average temp was 46.1C, clocks never drop below the specified 4.3Mhz indicating stability. Doesn't crash on 30+ looped TimeSpy CPU Bench which is a more realistic scenario for gaming. I have good airflow in my case and a great AIO cooler (Liquid Freezer II 280) which I've yet to intsall, currently getting these readings using a Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L.

It is my understanding that IMC degradation occurs when you have a combination of high volts and temps. I consider this OC safe since the cooler seems to be keeping the average temp low (~50C while gaming) with what most would consider a mildly high voltage. I know this is a debatable area, curious to know others thoughts and experiences.

I attempted Vcore LLC level 5 (max on ASUS) and SoC Level 5, was much less stable. Considering doing more testing on different LLCs and clocks once I install my new cooler.

Followed Gamer Nexus's 3600XT OC guide up until the manual RAM timings,

For reference: 

On 9/28/2020 at 3:37 AM, Cypresser said:

Is there an update to this yet?

It was released last night but I think it's a little buggy.

Twitchhttps://www.twitch.tv/b4mboozl3d Steamhttps://steamcommunity.com/id/asdjkasl/ YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTjOU0RQuC5DQIx6mk3SLSw

PC: Motherboard - MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Super Trio | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8) 

PSU: Seasonic Focus 750W Gold Modular | Cooler: be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | Storage: Adata XPG SX6000 1TB m.2 | Case: FSP CMT340

I've tried it, it seems to work okay or at least for me.

oc result.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hi ! Great video thanks ! 

But I've been trying to do the step-by-step guide here : https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/clocktuner_for_ryzen_ctr_guide_download,2.html 

And I'm blocking on two things : 

On my motherboard (Asus Prime X570-Pro)

I can't find the proper LLC settings "ASUS - LLC 3 (Level 3)" becasue my options are regular medium high and extreme, and I don't know what level 3 refers to here. 

The guide also says : "It is recommended to use additional settings for ASUS motherboard owners:

• Phase mode - Standard;
  • Current capability mode - 100%" 

But I can't find those two options, and I'd like to do this right, could you please help me ? 

Thanks !