Why no Ryzen 4800U in America ? Why does AMD hate me ?

So I did some analysis and it would appear that a Ryzen 4800U is a bad-a$$-mother-fncker.  That said no one in America sales them...I only hear stories of it being sold in Europe and Asia.  Not only that, but in the same laptop, when compared to the same manufacturer/model sold in America, the European/Asian models have better displays!?!?!  Also, when you compare what those models are selling for, after doing exchange rate conversion, those models cost a tad less than what we pay for say an identical laptop, but with a 4700U and crappier display.  I'm not pointing fingers at any single manufacturer, but my cousin's name is Benovo and that rhymes with...

Is there a reason I shouldn't be angry and disappointed ?

Renoir is having availability shortages globally.

AMD has many products they don't sell in America, the 3500. And with shortages of 4th gen mobile, it doesn't make economic sense to sell them, especially when the 4800H is similar.

6 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Yeah I don't buy that that is the reason why not a single 4800U can be purchased here...I thinks something more sinister is at play 👿

2 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Yeah I don't buy that that is the reason why not a single 4800U can be purchased here...I thinks something more sinister is at play 👿

It's literally barely available anywhere?

6 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

It's quite literally the reason.

My Lenovo w/ a 4750U Pro (similar to the 4800U) has a 5+ week waiting period for this reason.

6 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

AMD has many products they don't sell in America, the 3500. And with shortages of 4th gen mobile, it doesn't make economic sense to sell them, especially when the 4800H is similar.

Problem is you can't buy a 4800H thin and light without paying for a stupid graphics card to go along with it.  I'm wanting a kick-butt APU, 8 cores & 16 threads work laptop...for not more than $1k max...that's only if it has a NICE display, 16gb ram and a duper fast NVMe...

14 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Nothing more sinister, that's just how it has always been, worse now that manufacturing plants are shut down, used to be you could get something like that off of ebay from overseas. But with limited stock and it being brand new I doubt we'll see any there for awhile. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

25 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Problem is you can't buy a 4800H thin and light without paying for a stupid graphics card to go along with it.  I'm wanting a kick-butt APU, 8 cores & 16 threads work laptop...for not more than $1k max...that's only if it has a NICE display, 16gb ram and a duper fast NVMe...

The 4700U still exists and isn't that big of a performance loss.

4600U and 4800U are more expensive than 4700U and has very limited supply

if you want 8c16t in non gaming laptops, maybe can consider business laptops with 4750U or something like Eluktronics Thinn 15 with 4800H

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

9 hours ago, Stu_Bear said:

So I did some analysis and it would appear that a Ryzen 4800U is a bad-a$$-mother-fncker.  That said no one in America sales them...I only hear stories of it being sold in Europe and Asia.  Not only that, but in the same laptop, when compared to the same manufacturer/model sold in America, the European/Asian models have better displays!?!?!  Also, when you compare what those models are selling for, after doing exchange rate conversion, those models cost a tad less than what we pay for say an identical laptop, but with a 4700U and crappier display.  I'm not pointing fingers at any single manufacturer, but my cousin's name is Benovo and that rhymes with...

Is there a reason I shouldn't be angry and disappointed ?

Intel trying to protect their market share in America

10 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Schenker ( XMG ) 

had to delay the shipping of already ordered laptops 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

50 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I've been looking for this one, Tuxedo Pulse 15, Mechrevo Code 01, Schenker Via 15... If it's true that we can get it from China for 700-750€ then it's an awesome pick

My friend is getting one (Illegear Ionic 15 Ryzen), see whether I have the chance to review it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, PacketMan said:

I'd like to see it with liquid metal or TG Carbonaut

unfortunately this is not possible

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Stu_Bear said:

thinks something more sinister is at play 👿

Yeah a world wide health crisis. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 8/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, Darpyface said:

The 4700U still exists and isn't that big of a performance loss.

Problem is the 4700u has no worky hyper threading...and down exactly one iGPU core...and me thinks the iGPU operates at 1600mhz...not the 1750mhz of the 4800u...

On 8/18/2020 at 5:37 AM, PacketMan said:

I've been looking for this one, Tuxedo Pulse 15, Mechrevo Code 01, Schenker Via 15... If it's true that we can get it from China for 700-750€ then it's an awesome pick

The 4800H has only 7 iGPU cores...the 4800U has 8...and operate at 1750mhz.  I only care cause I don't want a discrete GPU.  Willing to bet that the 4800U would play Witcher 3 on low settings at 30fps for 3 hours using the Xiaoxin's 70whr battery...which would be simply amazing.  Wish I had one to test that out... 

2 hours ago, PacketMan said:

It's also a 15W TDP chip while the 4800H in the Tuxedo Pulse 15, Schenker Via 15, Mechrevo Code 01, etc is unlocked up to 54W TDP, that's a huge difference, not only cores and frequency

I agree completely, but sometimes less is more....especially when you travel a lot and spend several eternities in an airport waiting to catch a connecting flight on business...and all the plugs are occupied by people's power hungry phones and laptops...and you'd sale your kidney for just an hour more battery life so you can watch some netflix to kill the boredom...or play some more games...or fire up some virtual machines and screw around.

If brute power was key I'd have to go for 4900H/S...the Zypherus G14 is a sweet machine.

8 hours ago, PacketMan said:

I don't know, display is good, build quality is good, battery is huge (battery life is huge too), the 4800H is amazing and with unlocked 54W TDP there's plenty of power when plugged in, fast RAM and SSD, just take a look at this, it can be found for 700-800€ (the Schenker one without Windows is around 820€)

That is very nice...just if I was going to pull the trigger on that model I'd want the 4900H for the extra bit of power and the extra iGPU core....maybe by xmas they will have the 4900H in that machine...one can only hope.