New motherboard for SLI

BAMx

Hey! New to this site and CPU building.

I currently have a 9th Gen Intel i7 processor with a rtx 2070 super, not sure what the motherboard is, but it only has one PCI slot.

I am trying to find a new motherboard and switch everything over to that one. I would also like to buy another 2070 super and run SLI so I can have a dual card set up.

Any suggestions for what I should do? If I posted in the wrong area I apologize! 

Why do you want SLI that might not even give you any performance gains?

Do the games you plan to play for the life of the second card support SLI and benefit from it to make the expense worth it?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

I currently have a 9th Gen Intel i7 processor with a rtx 2070 super, not sure what the motherboard is, but it only has one PCI slot.

I am trying to find a new motherboard and switch everything over to that one. I would also like to buy another 2070 super and run SLI so I can have a dual card set up.

Any suggestions for what I should do? If I posted in the wrong area I apologize! 

SLI doesnt scale very well, and is all but pointless unless its 2x 2080Ti's. I would suggest waiting for ampere then selling the 2070S and using this money and the money for the second 2070 to get a very nice new high end card

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

3 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

I would advise against going for sli. It's basically dead. There aren't even a handfull of games a year that support it anymore and of those maybe 2 if lucky actually give you a 30%+ performance gain without the bunch of issues that you can get with multi gpu. If you really want better performance save up and buy a new rtx3000 card when they launch in a month.

From what I've seen I thought SLI would definitely help boost the performance, but it looks like it doesn't make that much of a difference? 

I am streaming and playing at the same time, lately it's been all warzone. 

I can't get max settings and a good quality stream so I've been playing with decent in game settings to produce a better quality stream.

I am aiming for the best quality I can get, it definitely seems like I need a new motherboard for sure since the one I have is so bland and basic. 

2 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

From what I've seen I thought SLI would definitely help boost the performance, but it looks like it doesn't make that much of a difference? 

I am streaming and playing at the same time, lately it's been all warzone. 

I can't get max settings and a good quality stream so I've been playing with decent in game settings to produce a better quality stream.

I am aiming for the best quality I can get, it definitely seems like I need a new motherboard for sure since the one I have is so bland and basic. 

What board do you have? Looking blank and basic doesn't mean it's bad and a problem. Sli isn't a magic ticket to better performance it's never been that way. Either way warzone doesn't support sli so you will get exactly 0 extra performance for buying a extra rtx2070.

3 minutes ago, Bambamgaming said:

Is your CPU an unlocked K skew chip? i.e the 9700K or 9900K? If not I wouldnt bother upgrading the board unless you need extra networking connectivity or VRM temps are dangerously high 

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech Z150

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Just now, marmour said:

Is your CPU an unlocked K skew chip? i.e the 9700K or 9900K? If not I wouldnt bother upgrading the board unless you need extra networking connectivity or VRM temps are dangerously high 

No it's a 9th gen i7, would it be beneficial to upgrade to a i9 and a new board?

Sounds like a pre-built, given the lack of specifics. The motherboard will be the least of your worries as the PSU most likely lacks the headroom for another graphics card.

1 minute ago, Bambamgaming said:

No it's a 9th gen i7, would it be beneficial to upgrade to a i9 and a new board?

so its a 9700 or a 9700K or 9700KF? For the 9700 i wouldnt bother with a new board (unless like i say you need more pcie expansion or have dangerously high VRM temps) If its a 9700K or KF, then it may be worth upgrading so you can overclock, but again, its probably not worth it.

For gaming, theres not really any point upgrading your CPU.

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech Z150

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Currently at work so I don't have access to the specifics, I will update when I get home and can share the details 

6 hours ago, marmour said:

so its a 9700 or a 9700K or 9700KF? For the 9700 i wouldnt bother with a new board (unless like i say you need more pcie expansion or have dangerously high VRM temps) If its a 9700K or KF, then it may be worth upgrading so you can overclock, but again, its probably not worth it.

For gaming, theres not really any point upgrading your CPU.

So my Processor is a i7-9700F @ 3.00 , i have tried to overclock my GPU and it doesnt take alot for it to crash while trying to increase the numbers.