Xbox Series X Coming this November and Halo Infinite Pushed Back to 2021

Summary

On Tuesday, the Xbox team announced that the new Series X console will be launching this November; right before the holiday season.

That same day, 343 Industries announced that the new Halo Infinite game release has been pushed back from this holiday season to sometime in 2021. No month or season has been said or leaked.

A console package has also been leaked recently. It seems to suggest that the exact date for the Xbox Series X launch will be the 5th. That is based on the warranty date on the box and expecting the warranty to last one year. The box also lists an Xbox Series S in the supported consoles list suggesting that we will be seeing another Xbox this year.

Quotes

We have plenty to keep you busy until Chief arrives: There will be thousands of games to play, spanning four generations, when Xbox Series X launches globally this November and over 100 optimized for Xbox Series X titles, built to take full advantage of our most powerful console, are planned for this year. And with brand new console features like hardware-accelerated Direct X raytracing, framerates up to 120 frames per second, faster loading times, and Quick Resume for multiple games, playing will look and feel better, no matter which games you choose to play on day one.

Play thousands of games across four generations of content

Playing your favorite games and franchises across four generations of Xbox was a key tenet for us in the next generation of console gaming. This commitment means that you will have access to thousands of titles across four generations of content – from Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Our back compat team continues to develop new innovations that can be applied to a curated list of titles that will enhance them even further than was possible when they were originally created.  These optimizations include the ability to render titles with increased resolutions up to 4K, delivering new HDR reconstruction techniques to games that were developed years before HDR came into existence, applying anisotropic filtering to improve image quality, and creating ways to increase or double the frame rate of certain titles.

Whether you’ve played for years or have just recently picked up a controller, we can’t wait for you to see and feel the first big step into gaming’s next generation with Xbox Series X this November.

(Xbox Announcement)

Today I want to share an important Halo Infinite development update with the community. We have made the difficult decision to shift our release to 2021 to ensure the team has adequate time to deliver a Halo game experience that meets our vision.

The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday.

We know this will be disappointing to many of you and we all share in that sentiment. The passion and support the community has shown over the years has been incredible and inspiring. We wanted nothing more than to play our game with the community this holiday. The extra time will let us finish the critical work necessary to deliver the most ambitious Halo game ever at the quality we know our fans expect. 

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Chris Lee

Studio Head, Halo Infinite

My thoughts

That is much sooner than I expected the Xbox to launch. I wont be getting it, but I am excited to see what kind of performance it brings and how that will be brought to RDNA2 gpus and other new pc technology. Im not too surprised that Halo was delayed seeing has how poorly fans reacted to what has been shown so far.

Sources

Xbox Announcement

Halo Announcement

Controller Leak

CNN

digitaltrends

notebookcheck

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Good decision to delay Halo - at least to ensure they get it right. People weren‘t really happy so far with the biggest and best halo yet. 

For the launch of the console it‘s obviously going to be really bad. It‘s supposed to be their console seller and people are even less incentivized to get an xbox series x now. 

It‘s going to be interesting to see how the two different approaches from Sony and Microsoft will do this generation. 

4 hours ago, naturallyaspirated6 said:

Good decision to delay Halo - at least to ensure they get it right. People weren‘t really happy so far with the biggest and best halo yet. 

For the launch of the console it‘s obviously going to be really bad. It‘s supposed to be their console seller and people are even less incentivized to get an xbox series x now. 

It‘s going to be interesting to see how the two different approaches from Sony and Microsoft will do this generation. 

Is interesting because imho the PS exclusives have always been sub par versions of 3rd party titles. At least on the PS3 they looked better than 3rd party options but since moving from Cell they really don’t. With the Xbox it’s likely to be cheaper as Microsoft has said they’ll undercut Sony essentially and you can pay the game pass fee and have more games than you could ever really play vs spending £50-70 on one new PS5 game. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Maybe they'll now have time to include raytracing at Infinite's launch. Hopefully that'll help with some of the graphical issues that can't be solved with a simple redo of models texture painting.
I may physically die and ascend to nirvana if it and Horizon Forbidden West drop within proximity to each other(an unrealistic dream, I know).

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

42 minutes ago, Serin said:

Maybe they'll now have time to include raytracing at Infinite's launch. Hopefully that'll help with some of the graphical issues that can't be solved with a simple redo of models texture painting.
I may physically die and ascend to nirvana if it and Horizon Forbidden West drop within proximity to each other(an unrealistic dream, I know).

Might come out the same time zero dawn on PC can run on something not listed on the Top500.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?