Dr. Disrespect Returns

Summary

Popular streamer Guy Beahm, better known as Dr. Disrespect, has announced that he will be returning to streaming. He used to stream on twitch and even had an exclusivity deal with them but he was banned from the platform for reasons that are still unknown.

His return started with a fake news live video posted on his Instagram account imitating a news anchor saying, "Dr. Disrespect may return to streaming as soon as today". Shortly after, the option to become a member on his YouTube channel appeared. He later started a few streams on his YouTube channel showing a placeholder graphic.

Dr. Disrespect later confirmed he will be streaming on YouTube starting at 12:00PM PDT later today, 8/7/20.

Quotes

Update, 4:33, 8/6: And Disresepct is live on Youtube, at least sort of. After posting another weird neon video on Youtube, he is now livestreaming an image of a red sportscar at a “Champion’s Club” Gas Station—the headline has been changed to reflect the fact that he actually started streaming.

Update 2, 6:04, 8/6: Doc has confirmed that he’ll be showing up on stream at 12:00 PM Pacific time tomorrow, so check back then to see what he has to say.

(Forbes)

Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm has returned to streaming, this time on YouTube. His first stream goes live tomorrow at 3pm EDT. The controversial streamer was permanently banned from Twitch in late June, for reasons that are still unknown.

Though he’d signed an exclusive deal with Twitch back in March, Beahm does not have a similar arrangement with YouTube. Sources close to Beahm say that he plans to experiment with other platforms like Facebook Gaming and his own personal website, the Champions Club.

It’s not hard to say what all this means. Beahm is itching to get back to streaming and to return to his public. What’s less clear is the event that necessitated this return in the first place. Twitch doesn’t comment on bans as a matter of policy, but whatever happened was bad enough to invalidate an incredibly lucrative contract between one of the most famous streamers in the world and his platform of choice. 

(The Verge)

My thoughts

To be honest, I had never heard of him before he was banned. As such, this doesn't really mean much to me but I thought some of his fans might be excited to hear of his return. I do however hope we eventually get to know the reason why Twitch kicked him off the platform.

Sources

Forbes

The Verge

IGN

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

humor me for a minute: what genre of videos does he do again? o_o

It never mentioned anything specific so i'm assuming its gaming just like before

Edit: @VegetableStu did he film others? I thought he was just live streaming while in the bathroom.

Edited by zeusthemoose

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

humor me for a minute: what genre of videos does he do again? o_o

Game streamer with a focus on theatrics and committing to the character "dr.disrespect" - a macho Alpha male stereotype.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

what is this news very unrelevant :>.

Why do you think that? I figured that since him leaving Twitch was big, him returning would also be big. Not to mention everything that is happening with streaming platforms right now and this giving YouTube another big streamer to compete with the other streaming focused platforms.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Why do you think that? I figured that since him leaving Twitch was big, him returning would also be big. Not to mention everything that is happening with streaming platforms right now and this giving YouTube another big streamer to compete with the other streaming focused platforms.

it was me trying to disrespect him.... it was a joke well if its very subtle maybe i should change some stuffs on it

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Game streamer with a focus on theatrics and committing to the character "dr.disrespect" - a macho Alpha male stereotype.

Is that what passes for a macho male stereo type these days? 

Alpha male:

412ff2231e163117aa9abeb3ffecab06.jpg

Man who had a feminist high school teacher describe an alpha male to him once:

DrDisrespect-800x420-1-1-3-768x403.jpg

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Man who had a feminist high school teacher describe an alpha male to him once:

You guys do realize he plays a character? It's essentially a persona of an 80s WWE star.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

13 minutes ago, Skipple said:

You guys do realize he plays a character? It's essentially a persona of an 80s WWE star.

Wouldn't make a difference if he was trying imitate a real wrestler. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

Wouldn't make a difference if he was trying imitate a real wrestler. 

I mean, wouldn't it? They are all playing a character. It's an act. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

Just now, Skipple said:

I mean, wouldn't it? They are all playing a character. It's an act. 

If the idea is to represent a macho alpha male stereotype then he missed the mark by a huge amount.  Not just in looks but in everything.

23 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Except it's a character HE created, not a character he was told to play. you could try to make the argument that he's a parody of it, but even then, it doesn't excuse some of the things he has done, HE is still the person making the decisions behind the "character".

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

If the idea is to represent a macho alpha male stereotype then he missed the mark by a huge amount.  Not just in looks but in everything.

I'm honestly not sure what you are getting at. You don't have to agree that's it's an "alpha male". That's kinda the entire point.

The character is an over the top, wild, loudmouth. He's not meant to literally be idolized. He's not meant for you to say: "oh yeah that's how a man should act." It's entertainment.

ask me about my homelab

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

yea he messed up that time, and i don't belive he filmed others directly but they might have been in the shot.

just a stupid mistake.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Except it's a character HE created, not a character he was told to play. you could try to make the argument that he's a parody of it, but even then, it doesn't excuse some of the things he has done, HE is still the person making the decisions behind the "character".

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Cheating on his wife? Yeah that's bad but that's kinda outside the scope of his character.

Look to be clear, I don't watch him. I'm not a fan at all. I just think it's odd to attack the character he plays like that's actually him. 

No, I don't think it makes a difference if he came up with the character on his own or someone else wrote it for him.

ask me about my homelab

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I'm honestly not sure what you are getting at. You don't have to agree that's it's an "alpha male". That's kinda the entire point.

The character is an over the top, wild, loudmouth. He's not meant to literally be idolized. He's not meant for you to say: "oh yeah that's how a man should act." It's entertainment.

It doesn't matter who is trying to imitate, if that's his definition/concept  of an alpha male then he doesn't know what one is.

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I'm honestly not sure what you are referring to. Cheating on his wife? Yeah that's bad but that's kinda outside the scope of his character.

Look to be clear, I don't watch him. I'm not a fan at all. I just think it's odd to attack the character he plays like that's actually him. 

No, I don't think it makes a difference if he came up with the character on his own or someone else wrote it for him.

I'm not attacking the character he plays as if it was him, I am saying the character he plays does not resemble an alpha male as he seams to think it does.  He's saying "I'm an alpha male" but he's portraying an insecure beta.

He's going for that 80's/90's action alpha male stereotype with a bit of WWE fanfare sprinkled on top. The bullshit he comes up with on the fly sometimes is so ridiculous that I gotta give him at least some points here.

Edit: yeah, he is going totally over the top with this alpha-male idea, built on some weird ass stereotypes he pulled out of his.. behind. It's exaggerated to such an extent that there's no way anyone would be convinced that that's what an alpha-male would look/behave like - if such bullshit even existed.

Here's a popular quote where he talks about himself:

Everyone wants to flap their gums, but...

Lets talk about me... Lets talk about the 6 foot 8 frame, the 37 inch vertical leap, the black steel that drips down my back AKA 'the bullet proof mullet', the Google prototype scopes with built in LCD LED 1080p 3D Sony technology, the Ethiopian poisonous caterpillar AKA 'slick daddy'. The 1993, 1994 two-time back-to-back blockbuster video game champion. The powerhouse in the online gaming community. Lets talk about the cabinets right behind me that go 40 feet deep into the wall that houses the other 95 percent of my trophies, the awards, the certificates all claiming first place, right? Let me give you a little inside glimpse into the hotshot video gaming lifestyle of the two-time international video gaming superstar. Because that's what this channels about, that's what this domains about, that's what this society is about. You're looking at the face of Twitch and god damn.

Twitch is lucky.

Always good for a quick laugh when I came across a clip of his, but I never actually tuned into his twitch streams personally. I haven't seen much of him since the old PUBG days, so I'm not entirely sure about how much of his persona changed after the reboot (Champions Club), but I can't imagine it has changed much.

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It doesn't matter who is trying to imitate, if that's his definition/concept  of an alpha male then he doesn't know what one is.

Omg dude it's not meant to be a literal alpha male.

He doesn't look at his stream personality and think that "oh yeah that's an alpha male". It's meant to be warped. over the top. ironic. It's a character

ask me about my homelab

It’s really awful how these large companies enable these disgusting people to keep doing what they do for profit.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

Omg dude it's not meant to be a literal alpha male.

He doesn't look at his stream personality and think that "oh yeah that's an alpha male". It's meant to be a warped. over the top. ironic. It's a character

why so defensive?

Someone said he was portraying an alpha male, clearly he either doesn't know what one is or isn't portraying one.

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

why so defensive?

Someone said he was portraying an alpha male, clearly he either doesn't know what one is or isn't portraying one.

I'm not defensive. I just feel like I'm taking to a wall.

Your taking @Spotty completely out of context.

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

focus on theatrics and committing to the character "dr.disrespect" - a macho Alpha male stereotype.

Key words are "theatrics" "character" and "stereotype".

No one actually thinks he's or his character is an alpha male. He protrays an extreme version of alpha male stereotypes reminiscent of 80s TV and movies.

ask me about my homelab

Just now, Skipple said:

I'm not defensive. I just feel like I'm taking to a wall.

Your taking @Spotty completely out of context.

Key words are "theatrics" "character" and "stereotype".

No one actually thinks he's an alpha male. He protrays an extreme version of alpha male stereotypes reminiscent of 80s TV and movies.

It's not that complicated,  for the second time I am not talking about people thinking he is an alpha male.  I don't even know where you got that idea from.   You and spotty have now both said he is focusing on an alpha male character.  If what he does on screen is his impersonation of an alpha male then he doesn't know what one is.