Motherboard not getting power from psu.

So this is my first time building a pc and I'm at a loss as to what to do to get this thing running. My motherboard isn't getting anything from the 24 pin connector. I've narrowed it down to that conclusion because I've tested my power supply with a paperclip and it's functional, and even took a multimeter to it to double check. It seems to me like the circuit just isn't being completed on the motherboard's end. I'm getting really desperate for a fix here. I have an asus prime x570-p and an evga bq 500w power supply if that helps. I'm really desperate and I'm hoping my motherboard isn't straight up dead.

You also need to attach the 8/4 pin power cable for the CPU, did you do that?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

You also need to attach the 8/4 pin power cable for the CPU, did you do that?

Indeed I did.

Sounds like a DOA mobo, at least as long as you connected the power switch to it correctly and the switch isn't faulty. Can try bridging the 2 pins on the header with a piece of metal to confirm.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, wherfus said:

Indeed I did.

Could you supply us with a full spec sheet of the PC?

Also upload a picture here so we can see how everything is connected.

Common mistakes include not wiring up the power button to the motherboard correctly, or picking a CPU/motherboard combo that's incompatible.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

10 hours ago, wherfus said:

I have an asus prime x570-p

what cpu re you pairing it with as well? 

also specs in general? 

you could also try booting with one stick at at time and try clearing he cmos. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

14 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Could you supply us with a full spec sheet of the PC?

Also upload a picture here so we can see how everything is connected.

Common mistakes include not wiring up the power button to the motherboard correctly, or picking a CPU/motherboard combo that's incompatible.

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus prime x570-p 

G-Skill Ripjaws V 3600 16gb

Western Digital Blue 500GB m.2 2280

XFX Radeon RX 5700xt 8gb triple dissipation

Thermaltake V200

EVGA 500w BQ 80+ bronze

15967123512394309947602743664658.jpg

One of the 2x4-pin power connectors seems to be half-way in.

Might also be the angle which the photo was taken that makes it seem that way.

I edit my posts more often than not

6 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

One of the 2x4-pin power connectors seems to be half-way in.

Double checked. Not the case. May have just been due to the angle of the original pic. They are shaped slightly different from one another though.

15967127199893169553380362526950.jpg

Get the manual here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X570-P/E15650_PRIME_X570-P_UM_WEB_V2.pdf

Go to page 1-15. Make sure your power button and LEDs are connected properly. Your system will not turn on when the PWRSW (powerswitch) is not connected properly or missing entirely. The cables you need for this section are usually bundled together in the case.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

23 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Get the manual here:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X570-P/E15650_PRIME_X570-P_UM_WEB_V2.pdf

Go to page 1-15. Make sure your power button and LEDs are connected properly. Your system will not turn on when the PWRSW (powerswitch) is not connected properly or missing entirely. The cables you need for this section are usually bundled together in the case.

These cables are all connected just as they are in the instructions. My problem persists.

11 minutes ago, wherfus said:

These cables are all connected just as they are in the instructions. My problem persists.

If you remove the cable from the PWRSW alone and tap it with the metal part of a screwdriver, does the system turn on then?

If not, then try removing the CPU power connector in the top left and then try to power it on. You can also try to use just the left half of that connector. It's still somewhat crooked by the looks of it and could be part of the cause. Your CPU doesn't require both 4-pin parts to be inserted.

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

If you remove the cable from the PWRSW alone and tap it with the metal part of a screwdriver, does the system turn on then?

If not, then try removing the CPU power connector in the top left and then try to power it on. You can also try to use just the left half of that connector. It's still somewhat crooked by the looks of it and could be part of the cause. Your CPU doesn't require both 4-pin parts to be inserted.

Tried the screwdriver method. Didn't work. Tried both CPU power connector solutions. Neither worked.

37 minutes ago, wherfus said:

Tried the screwdriver method. Didn't work. Tried both CPU power connector solutions. Neither worked.

Dead board more than likely in that case. RMA.