New PC build - need recommendations / advice

Budget (including currency): Maximum of 250.000HUF -  860 $US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
Games such as GTA 5, Battlefield 5, Red Dead Redemption 2, newer Assassins Creed games, 'heavily' modded minecraft, etc.
Occasionally I work on cinematics, and I also use Photo mode in games where it's available, therefore I also do some light photo and video editing.
(I would also like to jump into 4K for a handful of screenshots, at times - the FPS won't matter there, of course - as that's not my intended resolution to play at)
In the far future, I'd like to get into VR gaming as well (after a GPU upgrade)
Other details:
My goal is to achieve 1080p ~60fps in games, graphically speaking - I don't mind going for lower settings, but I want to stay at / above medium if possible - for the next 2-3 years or so.

Other notes:
My budget / build does not include / need -  a mouse, keyboard, etc. As I will be re-using my current things (including an SSD as my boot drive)

The prices on PCpartpicker differ quite a bit from the shop(s) that I am planning to get the parts from, for me - this build would cost 832 $US (242.000HUF)

Additional notes, regarding the following parts:

• Motherboard: I would very much* prefer an ATX form factor instead if possible, but it isn't necessary, but I can only seem to find ones that cost a lot more, with the current setup, it goes over my budget*      **edited
    Overclocking wise, I don't plan on doing any OCing really, especially not with a stock cooler (Which I will upgrade in the future)

• Video card: I did some research prior to making this post, but I can't figure out if the card in question is worth it. My plan is to upgrade this system (hopefully only GPU wise) in the next few years, and so I have been thinking about the VRAM size, 8GB seems a bit overkill, however - with this card, it's either 4GB or 8GB.
    The 4GB variant would be much much better, price wise - but I feel like 6GB is going to be the minimum requirement for games, soon enough.
    (Additionally, I have no preference regarding Nvidia vs AMD)

• Case: The case on the list is not the one I put in my list originally (seems unavailable on PCpartpicker), mine is the non-RGB variant (SPC Signum SG1 TG) costing 52 $US.

• PSU: Haven't done much research about the unit, I only put it on the list to get a general feel on the overall price of the build.

Regarding the CPU, RAM, and Storage - I am confident about those choices in particular, and I'd like to stick to them. But I am still open to any suggestions of course

Thanks in advance

Edited by FizzLyfe
Adjusted the text a bit

13 minutes ago, FizzLyfe said:
  • Motherboard: I would very much prefer an ATX form factor instead, but I can only seem to find ones that cost a lot more, with the current setup, it goes over my budget
    (Overclocking wise, I don't plan on doing any OCing really, especially not with a stock cooler /Which I will upgrade in the future/ )

• Video card: I did some research prior to making this post, but I can't figure out if the card in question is worth it. My plan is to upgrade this system (hopefully only GPU wise) in the next few years, and so I have been thinking about the VRAM size, 8GB seems a bit overkill, however - with this card, it's either 4GB or 8GB.
    The 4GB variant would be much much better, price wise - but I feel like 6GB is going to be the minimum requirement for games, soon enough.
    (Additionally, I have no preference regarding Nvidia vs AMD)

• Case: The case on the list is not the one I put in my list originally (seems unavailable on PCpartpicker), mine is the non-RGB variant (SPC Signum SG1 TG) costing 52 $US.

• PSU: Haven't done much research about the unit, I only put it on the list to get a general feel on the overall price of the build.

You can get a ATX motherboard for not that much more, like this one

Also I'd get a RX 580 or 1650 Super, they're cheaper and have better or similar performance, and a 580 has 8GB of VRAM.

That PSU is super overpriced and not from a trustworthy brand, this one is from EVGA and is much cheaper and semi modular

10 hours ago, FizzLyfe said:

Motherboard:

would change that if you're not limited to it, a pro vdh max, a pro max (non m), tomahawk max, mortar max, and the pro 4 are all really good. 

Video card

the 580 8 gig is usually cheaper and performs the same, though it does consume more power, but if you don't care about that, it'll do the job. 

Case:

seems pretty choked with not much airflow, also check the focus g. 

PSU:

700w is way over kill, a budget unit like a cx450/550 or a system power 9 400w/500w should do the job. 

also consider the pure power 10/11 500w/400w for example, to name some. 

edit, and i just noticed this, the drive, an hdd as a boot drive is just a bad idea, an mx500 or an a2000/p1 will be a whole lot better. 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Look at prices on the RX 580 as well. It's functionally equivalent to the 5500XT, and can sometimes be had cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I think that maybe you could spend an extra buck and get a 1660 super for around £229 which I don’t know what is in your currency. If you wanted to spend even more you could get a 2060 which is a better card but at a higher price going for £300

@Jeppes
Thanks for your suggestion, seems like a nice build. But unfortunately, at my pricing, it goes over my budget

Edited by FizzLyfe
Fixed the spoiler

20 hours ago, Darpyface said:

You can get a ATX motherboard for not that much more, like this one

Also I'd get a RX 580 or 1650 Super, they're cheaper and have better or similar performance, and a 580 has 8GB of VRAM.

That PSU is super overpriced and not from a trustworthy brand, this one is from EVGA and is much cheaper and semi modular

@Darpyface
Thank you for your suggestion
That board looks alright, I'll do some research on it

I am thinking about the 580 (Explained it more in detail below). The 1650 Super though, I just glanced at a review (only one at the moment) and it seems to be outperformed even by the 1060 in quite a few games? It is pretty close to the 580 however

I know, not really considering that brand, I put it up on the list as a placeholder, to get the general feel on the overall price of the build. 
The one you linked seems pretty solid, but it's actually more expensive, about ~37 $US more. My country's pricing is really weird it seems..

20 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

would change that if you're not limited to it, a pro vdh max, a pro max (non m), tomahawk max, mortar max, and the pro 4 are all really good. 

the 580 8 gig is usually cheaper and performs the same, though it does consume more power, but if you don't care about that, it'll do the job. 

seems pretty choked with not much airflow, also check the focus g. 

700w is way over kill, a budget unit like a cx450/550 or a system power 9 400w/500w should do the job. 

also consider the pure power 10/11 500w/400w for example, to name some. 

edit, and i just noticed this, the drive, an hdd as a boot drive is just a bad idea, an mx500 or an a2000/p1 will be a whole lot better. 

@TofuHaroto
Thanks for your suggestion,
The boards you listed seem nice, I'll definitely do some research on them - the Tomahawk does fall out of my price range though (with the current setup)

I did notice that about the 580, based on my limited research so far. But the XT is a newer card after all, I am thinking it could be a tiny bit more future-proof when it comes to optimizations? Usually the older stuff isn't a priority, as far as I know
Power consumption wise, I'd be fine with it, not an issue.
Price wise though, it would be amazing, I could put that elsewhere; better cooling for ex.

That case looks pretty good, I'll consider it.
The one I put in my list was kind of a placeholder, mainly just to get an idea for the price.

PSU: know it would be overkill, but in this case it's just a placeholder, not really considering that one in particular.
I'll check out the ones you mentioned, I am thinking I'd aim for at least 500W, or 550W - just to be sure.

I am sorry if I caused any confusion about the drives, I am not intending to use the HDD as my boot drive, the idea is to re-use the SSD from the PC that I am replacing. (A cheapo Kingston A400)

20 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Look at prices on the RX 580 as well. It's functionally equivalent to the 5500XT, and can sometimes be had cheaper.

@Chris Pratt
I did check it out earlier, it's quite a bit cheaper, roughly 70 $US less - I am still somewhat considering it, but I was also thinking, the XT is a newer card after all, it probably gets more attention from the developers, optimization wise?
And it's also just a new architecture in general
But regardless, thank you for the suggestion

20 hours ago, Harlon said:

I think that maybe you could spend an extra buck and get a 1660 super for around £229 which I don’t know what is in your currency. If you wanted to spend even more you could get a 2060 which is a better card but at a higher price going for £300

@Harlon
The 1660 Super is about ~308 $US, compared to the XT, which is ~260 $US - so it falls out of my budget, not to mention the 2060's pricing here.
I did some research about it however, it does perform pretty well - better, in fact.
But price wise, I can't do it, unless I cut corners somewhere, probably on the CPU side. (My original build plan involved an 1600AF - but it's not being sold anymore)
Thank you for your suggestion though

Usually the older stuff isn't a priority, as far as I know

i mean the 5500xt might perform better in the future but at least now, they're pretty similar.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, FizzLyfe said:

I did check it out earlier, it's quite a bit cheaper, roughly 70 $US less - I am still somewhat considering it, but I was also thinking, the XT is a newer card after all, it probably gets more attention from the developers, optimization wise?
And it's also just a new architecture in general

What developers are you talking about? If it's AMD devs with things like driver updates, they're definitely going to take the 580 into account. They're still rolling them off the line. If you're talking about game devs, no one is targeting a 5500 XT. If anything, you'd have a better chance of a game developer considering a 580. And, new architecture doesn't also equal better. A 1080 still beats a 2060. You can really only compare tier to tier in generations.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

On 8/6/2020 at 8:06 PM, TofuHaroto said:

i mean the 5500xt might perform better in the future but at least now, they're pretty similar.

Yup, that's why I am a bit hesitant about it. I wouldn't be saving much by going for the 580, but that amount could be going elsewhere, a better case for example

On 8/6/2020 at 10:06 PM, Chris Pratt said:

What developers are you talking about? If it's AMD devs with things like driver updates, they're definitely going to take the 580 into account. They're still rolling them off the line. If you're talking about game devs, no one is targeting a 5500 XT. If anything, you'd have a better chance of a game developer considering a 580. And, new architecture doesn't also equal better. A 1080 still beats a 2060. You can really only compare tier to tier in generations.

Oops, my bad. I meant the game developers of course.
But you might be right, I didn't take into consideration the fact that despite being "older", the 580 does have a much bigger market share as of now, so I suppose that kind of equalizes the whole "what do we optimize for" thing

4 minutes ago, FizzLyfe said:

I wouldn't be saving much by going for the 580,

If the difference isn't huge just go with the 5500xt other than that, the 580 will do the same thing. 

Build Log: