What is the best game to get during quarantine?

BucketBoiAce

Stardew Valley.  The action is slow, but it is fun.  It one of those games you can start playing and the next thing you know 5 hours has gone by.

I would recommend;

Hell Let Loose: This is a hard-ish core tactical shooter set in WW2. I personally like its intense firefights.

Tomb Raider Reboot: Third person adventure/shooter. I like it's atmosphere and gameplay

Metro 2033: First shooter/horror game. I've only played the original, but the atmosphere is excellent and reading the book (PDF is free on the author's website) adds to the experience.

The Witcher (series): Third person/isometric(only the first) game: I like the excellent storytelling, and the gameplay works if not being perfect. I would recommend lowering your expectations for the first one as the graphics and gameplay haven't aged all that well. But the second and third are pretty good. [obligatory Praise Geraldo].

Just Cause 3: 3rd person shooter/demolition simulator: The game is gorgeous the destruction makes it even better.

Destiny 2: It's free, and there are 3 COD length campaigns that come with it.

SWAT 4: tactical SWAT shooter: I like the thought that goes into it as well as the SEF mod which is basically mandatory at this point.

There are a TON of free DOS games on GOG, I can't find them all in one place, but look for them.

Look at story rich games as well 

I loved Syberia when I was younger, it's adventure/puzzle/ type game. Syberia 2 is also great (continues after first), the later games are meh.

The original Longest Journey was also great, loved it. 

Lots of people praise Disco Elysium as great story and game where choices you make matter and so on.. 

Oh yeah that reminds me ... NeiR Automata is supposed to be good and it's said you have to play the game twice to get the actual ending or something like that. 

Oh... check out Trine, ori and the blind forest, ori and the ... something (basically ori 2)  and check out Celeste, awesome platformer with great soundtrack... 

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

ori and the ... something (basically ori 2

do you mean 'ori and the will of the wisps'?

On 8/3/2020 at 6:47 PM, gloop said:

??? How?

Here's the thing. Epic store so far, has been mostly run with Fortnite money. Before Fortnite, Epic was mainly known for Unreal Engine and while they made their revenue from engine royalty, it was nowhere near the amount Fortnite has made for them. But with all things, everything comes to an end. Fortnite's revenue source isn't going to last forever. This is the reason why Epic is heavily investing money on their shitty store so when eventually Fortnite money does run dry, they can migrate to their store for revenue.

But with the current anti-consumer / anti-developer and anti-competition route they're going so far, that new store of theirs won't last very long. Now while some are forced to use it to buy timed exclusive games, most people dislikes and avoids Epic store. Their store's own revenue from last year from customers who bought third party games was only 251 million. That's quite pathetically low which just means most people have in fact voted with their wallets.

But at the same time, we all keep saying this again and again. Most of us don't have a hate boner for Epic. All the disdain for Epic, they're caused it themselves with their own words and actions. We customers initially gave Epic a chance and showed our support but they betrayed that and us as customers with their scummy anti-consumer / anti-competitive practices.

The solution is pretty simple. Don't engage in any sort of timed exclusivity. Don't be a hypocrite and let all developers / publishers sell their games on all storefronts (Steam, GOG, Epic, Origin and more) and improve Epic's store to match or surpass competing storefronts like Steam and GOG. Do these and MAYBE customers will support Epic again even after all the shit they've done. But if they don't change their ways, it'll only get worse. And it seems like Epic didn't take a hint as they stated they're continue with their timed exclusivity BS this year too.

So guess what guys ? Keep voting with your wallets and keep speaking out against Epic's anti-consumer / anti-competitive practices. Just remember that we the customers don't have to bend the knee to Epic. Epic needs us, the customers, our money and our business. So we get to change Epic's shitty ways for our own benefits the way we want to.

Gaming

Just now, BucketBoiAce said:

Here's the thing. Epic store so far, has been mostly run with Fortnite money. Before Fortnite, Epic was mainly known for Unreal Engine and while they made their revenue from engine royalty, it was nowhere near the amount Fortnite has made for them. But with all things, everything comes to an end. Fortnite's revenue source isn't going to last forever. This is the reason why Epic is heavily investing money on their shitty store so when eventually Fortnite money does run dry, they can migrate to their store for revenue.

But with the current anti-consumer / anti-developer and anti-competition route they're going so far, that new store of theirs won't last very long. Now while some are forced to use it to buy timed exclusive games, most people dislikes and avoids Epic store. Their store's own revenue from last year from customers who bought third party games was only 251 million. That's quite pathetically low which just means most people have in fact voted with their wallets.

But at the same time, we all keep saying this again and again. Most of us don't have a hate boner for Epic. All the disdain for Epic, they're caused it themselves with their own words and actions. We customers initially gave Epic a chance and showed our support but they betrayed that and us as customers with their scummy anti-consumer / anti-competitive practices.

The solution is pretty simple. Don't engage in any sort of timed exclusivity. Don't be a hypocrite and let all developers / publishers sell their games on all storefronts (Steam, GOG, Epic, Origin and more) and improve Epic's store to match or surpass competing storefronts like Steam and GOG. Do these and MAYBE customers will support Epic again even after all the shit they've done. But if they don't change their ways, it'll only get worse. And it seems like Epic didn't take a hint as they stated they're continue with their timed exclusivity BS this year too.

So guess what guys ? Keep voting with your wallets and keep speaking out against Epic's anti-consumer / anti-competitive practices. Just remember that we the customers don't have to bend the knee to Epic. Epic needs us, the customers, our money and our business. So we get to change Epic's shitty ways for our own benefits the way we want to.

Personally I don't give a shit if Epic has timed exclusives. They offered the highest amount, why the fuck wouldn't the developer go with them?

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Personally I don't give a shit if Epic has timed exclusives. They offered the highest amount, why the fuck wouldn't the developer go with them?

Because epic are scum.  

Gaming

2 minutes ago, BucketBoiAce said:

Because epic are scum.  

Then why are Epic only taking 12% of total game profits compared to steam taking 30%?

Just now, gloop said:

Then why are Epic only taking 12% of total game profits compared to steam taking 30%?

Trying to make themselves look good. 

Gaming

Raft

Chill n super fun especially with a friend 

GTFO (co-op pve)

Escape from tarkov( pvevp)

Both this game are hardcore FPSs. Warning you may rage quit they are not easy.

amnesia a dark descent

A scary game with a great story

Bioshock series

Action adventure fps with a great story

Persona 4 golden on steam could work or halo mcc.

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)

How about some great MMORPGs like WoW, GW2 or ESO? I play GW2. Been playing since its launch. Never regretted my decision. The organization, the team behind this wonderful mmo are one of the best. The amount of depth, the items, the outfits, the community and the wvw fights keeps me coming back and entertained even though at times I was missing from the game for quite sometime. 

12 hours ago, BucketBoiAce said:

Trying to make themselves look good. 

Your whole argument makes no sense? They are the better store to publish your game on because they help the developer earn the money they deserve.

1 hour ago, gloop said:

Your whole argument makes no sense?

Look you cannot change my opinion, It my opinion and i am sticking with it. 

Gaming

9 hours ago, gloop said:

Your whole argument makes no sense? They are the better store to publish your game on because they help the developer earn the money they deserve.

They just pissed off because they need another client for some games. And since client don't interact with other clients It makes things frustrating. Second when they say "shady business practice" its do to the fact that devs have said game would release on x and y but instead releases y and z or only z (z beings epic, x=steam, y= other) because z had something better to offer.