Any Ryzen 4000 Laptops with user replaceable Battery, RAM, and NVMe?

Looking for a new laptop with user replaceable Battery, RAM (Dual Channel), and NVMe SSD

Under $1000

Not for gaming.

Do they exist?

Edit:

So far the only laptops I have found have been the HP ProBook 445 G7 and HP ProBook 455 G7.

Yeah they exist ... first one that comes to mind is Lenovo Legion 5 15.6" : https://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-legion-5-15-review-playing-it-safe-but-still-delivering/

I remember it because I was looking for a newer laptop for my sister, which needs one for business not gaming, but she wanted ability to upgrade at least ram and storage.

I decided not to go with this one due to the somewhat crappy ips panel, and I may be confusing it with other model (maybe hp pavillion that i ruled out due to tn panel), but a video review may have hinted the keyboard kinda flexes a bit or something like that.

Find some website with good filters and then pick a model and search youtube for reviews, teardowns and you can look at the board to see if there's two ram slots and how easy you could replace battery.

Depends on the definition of user replacable.  If you mean doesn’t require the case to be taken apart, outside of some ruggedized stuff I don’t think so anymore.  Ryzen or intel.  Particularly the battery.  Stuff gets glued in these days.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Yeah they exist ... first one that comes to mind is Lenovo Legion 5 15.6" : https://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-legion-5-15-review-playing-it-safe-but-still-delivering/

I remember it because I was looking for a newer laptop for my sister, which needs one for business not gaming, but she wanted ability to upgrade at least ram and storage.

I decided not to go with this one due to the somewhat crappy ips panel, and I may be confusing it with other model (maybe hp pavillion that i ruled out due to tn panel), but a video review may have hinted the keyboard kinda flexes a bit or something like that.

Find some website with good filters and then pick a model and search youtube for reviews, teardowns and you can look at the board to see if there's two ram slots and how easy you could replace battery.

I would like one without a dedicated GPU though. That's the problem, I am sure there are plenty with dedicated GPUs with these replaceable components. As I said this is not for gaming. This will be used for Pop!_OS (Linux), Firefox, and Rammina (Remote Desktop). My intent is something that will last as long as possible and I don't have to worry about some RAM dying in 4 years and have to track down and replace the entire motherboard. I would like better battery life instead of GPU horsepower which I'll never use. The main reason I am looking for a new laptop is because while the one I am typing on right now is perfectly fine but it is heavy and the battery life is poor because it is a gaming laptop. Even with the Nvidia GPU disabled and using the Intel GPU I only get maybe 3 hours with a brand-new battery.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Depends on the definition of user replacable.  If you mean doesn’t require the case to be taken apart, outside of some ruggedized stuff I don’t think so anymore.  Ryzen or intel.  Particularly the battery.  Stuff gets glued in these days.  

Screwdriver and pry tool. No heat gun or reflow station.

2 hours ago, ChaosBlades said:

I would like one without a dedicated GPU though.

That's kind of your problem. The non-gaming market has gone to thin and light, because the whole point is portability. People accept heavier and clunkier with gaming rigs, because there's not much choice there (though that is starting to change as well as tech gets better). Thin and light means things have to be soldered on and crammed too tight to allow much serviceability.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

That's kind of your problem. The non-gaming market has gone to thin and light, because the whole point is portability. People accept heavier and clunkier with gaming rigs, because there's not much choice there (though that is starting to change as well as tech gets better). Thin and light means things have to be soldered on and crammed too tight to allow much serviceability.

You are kind of stating the obvious. This is why I made this thread. To see if I can find some. Not sure if you saw my OP Edit but I found two that HP make. They exist, it is just that there are hundreds of laptop models and it is just extremely time-consuming looking up tear down information for each one of them. So I am trying to crowd source the effort and hopefully others can benefit.

There should be AMD variants of the ThinkPad L14 and L15 coming out. Don't know exactly when they'll be out, though.

22 minutes ago, panzersharkcat said:

There should be AMD variants of the ThinkPad L14 and L15 coming out. Don't know exactly when they'll be out, though.

There should also be an aids vaccine by now.  Should is one of those things that is hard to count on.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, panzersharkcat said:

Looks good as long as the Battery isn't glued in like the Intel L14/L15. I can't seem to find any disassembly information on the Ryzen 4000 version even though it came out in June.

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There should also be an aids vaccine by now.  Should is one of those things that is hard to count on.

They were released in June. Negative Nancy.

https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/press-releases/lenovos-thinkpad-laptops-powered-by-amd-ryzen-4000-series-available-soon/

Tongfang PF5NU1G aka Mechrevo Code 01 (there is a 14 inch version but no idea what's the model number)
Thinkpad L14/L15 AMD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

The Thinkpad L15 is 4589 ron here ( 949 euro, 1118 dollars) ... click picture below to zoom

image.thumb.png.2e410e54ed91064e29259276a65218f3.png

I just put down a pre-order for a Tongfang PF5NU1G from Eluktronics. Thanks for all your suggestions.

It has exactly what I was looking for. Just wish it was black instead of silver.

Ryzen 7 4800H

Vega 7 iGPU

Dual Channel 16GB RAM 3200mhz

512GB NVMe SSD

1080p 100% sRGB IPS Screen

Huge 91Wh Battery that is reported to last 10-12h web browsing.

Replaceable Dual Channel DIMMs, NVMe SSD, Battery, and Wi-Fi

$900

https://old.reddit.com/r/AMDLaptops/comments/hzlcjo/all_of_the_vendors_that_are_offering_the_tongfang/

Front_THINN15__39561.1596169487.jpg?c=2

38781_25.jpg

16 hours ago, ChaosBlades said:

PF4NU1F

This is the 14 inch version. I think you meant PF5NU1G.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, genexis_x said:

This is the 14 inch version. I think you meant PF5NU1G.

Yes, fixed.

I see that the Lenovo Legion 5 15.6" has been mentioned, so I thought I might poke my head in. The screen is fine. I don't want to call it great since I haven't had that much experience with really high end monitors, but it's good enough for video editing and color correction. The RAN, SSDs/HDDs and battery are all replaceable. The keyboard doesn't flex while typing, normally or quickly, and you have to press really hard to get it to flex (Harder than I would actually ever press, even while playing a game), but it is there. As for the GPU, I've found that if I set everything to APU only in the control panel, it basically turns off. With this, the battery life is somewhere around 7-8 hour.

Just thought I might respond to a few things said since I have on off these slightly weird computers. They really shouldn't be selling it as a gaming laptop, it's more like a "You either need to render something but don't have much money, or you need a large amount of CPU power and ASUS keep messing up their cooling solutions".