YouTube Copyright Strikes on Videos I Have Full Ownership of

Hello everyone. I make competitive minecraft videos (sounds weird, I know). However, someone who doesn't like me has copyrighted struck two of my videos. They are simply abusing the copyright system YouTube has. They have claimed that the videos are similar to other people's, but the videos are 100% mine. It is not the music I use because the "content used" doesn't mention the music whatsoever. I would dispute the claim, but if it is accepted, all of my legal and personal information is sent to them. I also do not want to have to bring it to court over videos that I make simply for fun. I do not make any money off of them. I can provide any other information needed, but I just simply would like some guidance on what to do. Thank you for reading.

I should add that I am not the only person that this has happened to. If you want another reference, check out this video from a similar YouTuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXvzLLu6bJk&t=192sthread-61936753-17986238562311765773.JPG

You have to counter it or take the strike. Chances are good if you just counter it it'll be reinstated normally.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, cofcmaster said:

but the videos are 100% mine

I just want to note that you don't own 100% of the content produced, because you're A) playing Minecraft and B) using music other people made. I don't know how relevant that is to the strikes, since you mentioned it not being about the music.

But really, if you're not willing to make a counter to the claims, you can't do anything.

A girl who loves to love.

9 minutes ago, Aimi said:

A) playing Minecraft and B) using music other people made

I'm not sure how relevant that is either as that could be allowed under CC attributions 2.0/4.40.

@cofcmaster personally I would try and reach out to YT directly if that is possible but I know YT is an absolute pain for people when there are issues.

PS: The video link starts after the relevant part.You may want to change that 

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Yup but read what op wrote, based on that it'd sort of a legal doxxing because of how the YT copyright system works, spits out everything to the other party.

if op accept the other guy gets all of his data, he could keep it and then cancel the strike saying it was a mistake or something. I wouldn't do it tbh

Thus you have to counter it or take the strike.

#Muricaparrotgang

You could try contacting Youtube support. But you,re probably not going to get any sort of expedited response from them, if at all.

From the YouTube Help Center

1. Select Get Support at the top of any YouTube Help Center article.
  2. Click Get Creator support
  3. Choose the category that your issue is about.
  4. Select Email Support. You'll only see this option if you're eligible.
  5. Follow the prompts to email our Creator Support team.

From YouTube

1. If you're on youtube.com, sign in and select your account icon NB5qyD2bwPLSxRz3L4RkFWHtTntWnKPJ5-jUmi5t  
  2. Click Help 3XXqtUBzNutg1-VKJnW_3GchWyWPzunVoICswzbN. In the panel that opens, click Need more help? > Get Creator support
  3. Choose the category that your issue is about.
  4. Select Email Support. You'll only see this option if you're eligible.
  5. Follow the prompts to email our Creator Support team.

You could also try to DM one or all of the Youtubes on twitter

https://twitter.com/YouTube

https://twitter.com/teamyoutube

https://twitter.com/ytcreators

https://twitter.com/YouTubeGaming

Other than that, the only way to get them off is to dispute them outright, they are abusing the system.

Honestly, situations like these is why I have a PO Box. That way I never have to give out my real address to any online services that would just give my info to random nobodies who file a false report.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, cofcmaster said:

Hello everyone. I make competitive minecraft videos (sounds weird, I know). However, someone who doesn't like me has copyrighted struck two of my videos. They are simply abusing the copyright system YouTube has. They have claimed that the videos are similar to other people's, but the videos are 100% mine. It is not the music I use because the "content used" doesn't mention the music whatsoever. I would dispute the claim, but if it is accepted, all of my legal and personal information is sent to them. I also do not want to have to bring it to court over videos that I make simply for fun. I do not make any money off of them. I can provide any other information needed, but I just simply would like some guidance on what to do. Thank you for reading.

I should add that I am not the only person that this has happened to. If you want another reference, check out this video from a similar YouTuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXvzLLu6bJk&t=192sthread-61936753-17986238562311765773.JPG

Only the copyright owner can strike a user. So if they are flagging something in your video, and they don't own it, counter-claim it. 

Remember, you have the right to file a counternotice, by which means you will be sueing them.

14 hours ago, Caroline said:

Yup but read what op wrote, based on that it'd sort of a legal doxxing because of how the YT copyright system works, spits out everything to the other party.

if op accept the other guy gets all of his data, he could keep it and then cancel the strike saying it was a mistake or something. I wouldn't do it tbh

That is exactly why I don’t want to do it. I can almost guarantee what I will be doxxed. I’m not sure what to do still. 

2 hours ago, cofcmaster said:

That is exactly why I don’t want to do it. I can almost guarantee what I will be doxxed. I’m not sure what to do still. 

They informed you who did it right? Id contact an attorney and handle this out side of YouTube. Copyright in most countries is protected under federal law. You could sue him in civil court for lost revenue and violating the law. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

YTs copyright system is a joke. This shitside should have vanished years ago.

All you can do is fight, if its worth to you.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO