Can I use AC power cord of Seasonic PSU with Corsair PSU

MS14

Turns out, AC cord of my new Corsair TX650m PSU can not fit into any wall sockets or in my UPS socket. But I still have my old Seasonic S12ii PSU. Can I use its AC cord with Corsair one? Will it be safe for my other components & the PSU itself? If not, what are my other options now?

if u meant these

Power Cord, Computer Power Cable, PC Power Supply Cables & Cords ...

then yes

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

AC cords simply carry a direct power signal, they don't do anything to it, or are a safety mechanism, as long as the prongs fit they work. The actual PSU block takes care of all the important things like voltages and surges.

I also lack post processing when I post so please refresh before replying as I probably edited my response!

Quote me if you want a reply! :)

Moved to Cases & Power Supplies.

The AC power cord uses a standard C13 connector, so yes you can use the power cord from the Seasonic PSU.

13 minutes ago, MS14 said:

Turns out, AC cord of my new Corsair TX650m PSU can not fit into any wall sockets or in my UPS socket. But I still have my old Seasonic S12ii PSU.

Why doesn't it fit? Is it the wrong plug type for your country? It should include include the cable for the region it is sold in. If it didn't include the right cable you should be talking to the store you bought it from.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Moved to Cases & Power Supplies.

The AC power cord uses a standard C13 connector, so yes you can use the power cord from the Seasonic PSU.

Why doesn't it fit? Is it the wrong plug type for your country? It should include include the cable for the region it is sold in. If it didn't include the right cable you should be talking to the store you bought it from.

They sent me the cable with UK plug where as I am in India. I am not the only one, for some reason, corsair does not put Indian socket compatible plug at all, regardless of where we buy it from . I will send them an email soon as well. They also had a warning label on the plug that said if the plug is unsuitable for available socket, we should cut it off & replace it with another plug with 13 AMP rated fuse.

23 minutes ago, MS14 said:

we should cut it off & replace it with another plug with 13 AMP rated fuse.

that doesnt sound like a proper advice that a company should give

is the sticker from the retailer or?

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

that doesnt sound like a proper advice that a company should give

is the sticker from the retailer or?

Its from Corsair itself.L.thumb.jpg.e7d48b0a71ff704108d60bf11dd286b2.jpg

1 minute ago, MS14 said:

Its from Corsair itself.

geez... they should supply u with the right cable if you ask one from them anyways.

i dont recommend changing a socket head unless you're comfortable with it

Just now, Moonzy said:

geez... they should supply u with the right cable if you ask one from them anyways.

i dont recommend changing a socket head unless you're comfortable with it

I would not be changing it, maybe I will use an adapter instead. I will definitely contact corsair & ask them for a replacement cord. Doubt they will do anything though, since it is a known problem. Amazon is full of people complaining about this.

1 minute ago, MS14 said:

I would not be changing it, maybe I will use an adapter instead. I will definitely contact corsair & ask them for a replacement cord. Doubt they will do anything though, since it is a known problem. Amazon is full of people complaining about this.

in any case, you'll be fine with using the other cord