i want to get this pc but ijm not sure if its good or not for the price

HenryFan

theres a taiwan online website (i live in taiwan ) that have sold 441 pc and im looking to buy one but im not sure if its a good deal it has a gtx 1070 but im not sure if its still good in 2020 and the pc is on discount and i want to live stream on youtube (minecraft ) 

the pc specs 

Cpu ryzen 5 3600 

Gpu gtx 1070 

Motherboard B450m steel legend 

16g ram 

and a taiwanese 550w bronze verified power supply its a famous brand for budget builds in taiwan 

Price : 27990 nt 

after discount 21990 

which is close to 750 dollar 

That build seems pretty stable in 2020, I would swap out the psu later, what is the storage type is there 1 or 2 drives?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

So those are just the things you told me , with some assumptions and guesses in mind. Not sure what speed memory they are giving you, not sure the brand of video card, not sure the brand of the PSU. Also there's no case, storage or operating system included. At the non discount price, they're charging about 950 according to google. So given probably off brand parts and labor and warranty and cheapo case and OEM OS bulk prices, I'd consider this reasonable, depending on the quality of the parts that are included for psu, gpu, memory, storage and case. If those are reasonable, then given the discount, I'd call it a reasonable price. As for the config, I'd say it'll be fine for what you're doing

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Honestly this is a really good system, i would say get a 1660 super its better than or equal to a 1070 and is much much newer so I imagine it will get driver updates for longer. I'm also guessing you already have an SSD/HDD

1 minute ago, Som3a said:

Honestly this is a really good system, i would say get a 1660 super its better than or equal to a 1070 and is much much newer so I imagine it will get driver updates for longer. I'm also guessing you already have an SSD/HDD

Tbh it's so equal so it isn't worth it and GTX 960 I have one with pretty recent drivers

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Tbh it's so equal so it isn't worth it and GTX 960 I have one with pretty recent drivers

Where I live the GTX 1070 is much more expensive so for me at least the 1660 super is the more reasonable choice

Just now, Som3a said:

Where I live the GTX 1070 is much more expensive so for me at least the 1660 super is the more reasonable choice

Well it is not him buying the parts it's a company that built the PC and Minecraft isn't even that gpu intensive only the streaming and that isn't so intensive either

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Well it is not him buying the parts it's a company that built the PC and Minecraft isn't even that gpu intensive only the streaming and that isn't so intensive either

Good point, and according to @Jtalk4456 the SI isn't marking up the PC that much so by 2020 standards this is an amazing PC should last a few years before an upgrade is needed.

Decent motherboard, decent cpu, old but still functional video card.  Memory speed isn’t mentioned (could be 2133) PSU is an unknown but sounds iffy. That “budget” word worries me.

1070 is functionally equivalent to 1660 but has a few more CUDA cores and may lose its updates sooner.

I dunno.  This sort of sounds like a company attempting to move 1070s

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

So those are just the things you told me , with some assumptions and guesses in mind. Not sure what speed memory they are giving you, not sure the brand of video card, not sure the brand of the PSU. Also there's no case, storage or operating system included. At the non discount price, they're charging about 950 according to google. So given probably off brand parts and labor and warranty and cheapo case and OEM OS bulk prices, I'd consider this reasonable, depending on the quality of the parts that are included for psu, gpu, memory, storage and case. If those are reasonable, then given the discount, I'd call it a reasonable price. As for the config, I'd say it'll be fine for what you're doing

It's a ddr4 3200 Kingston ram A rog strix gtx 1070 and 480 ssd 500g Hardrive and also windows 10 pro and the PSU is a CTW 550w bronze power supply 

2 hours ago, Kanna said:

That build seems pretty stable in 2020, I would swap out the psu later, what is the storage type is there 1 or 2 drives?

480 ssd and a 50/g Hardrive 

48 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Decent motherboard, decent cpu, old but still functional video card.  Memory speed isn’t mentioned (could be 2133) PSU is an unknown but sounds iffy. That “budget” word worries me.

1070 is functionally equivalent to 1660 but has a few more CUDA cores and may lose its updates sooner.

I dunno.  This sort of sounds like a company attempting to move 1070s

Ok thanks 

1 minute ago, HenryFan said:

480 ssd and a 500g Hardrive 

20 minutes ago, HenryFan said:

It's a ddr4 3200 Kingston ram A rog strix gtx 1070 and 480 ssd 500g Hardrive and also windows 10 pro and the PSU is a CTW 550w bronze power supply 

ok let me update

OK so that added cost, which makes this a better deal. Having said that, I could not find that power supply anywhere. Any chance you can provide a link or a price to add to the list? If we assume it to be about 50 bucks that takes us down to 1100, and you're getting it for 750, so I still stand by this being a good deal. I definitely agree with @Kanna about swapping the PSU later, and the 1070 is a bid old, but still good for sure

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

39 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

ok let me update

OK so that added cost, which makes this a better deal. Having said that, I could not find that power supply anywhere. Any chance you can provide a link or a price to add to the list? If we assume it to be about 50 bucks that takes us down to 1100, and you're getting it for 750, so I still stand by this being a good deal. I definitely agree with @Kanna about swapping the PSU later, and the 1070 is a bid old, but still good for sure

alright thanks here is the link https://www.isunfar.com.tw/product/?prodseq=290775#/bcNo=21&ept=67 sorry if its in chinese 

17 minutes ago, HenryFan said:

alright thanks here is the link https://www.isunfar.com.tw/product/?prodseq=290775#/bcNo=21&ept=67 sorry if its in chinese 

The issue with PSUs is mostly about safety.  How long does it take to wear and what is it likely to do to a system if/when it blows.   It appears to be much more possible to make a longer lasting PSU that will not destroy other components If it goes than it used to be, but there is no standardization or certification for that, and the devices themselves are more or less featureless black boxes so I have to rely on reviews from people who have actually opened the boxes and looked inside while knowing what they are looking at.  This sniper isn’t reviewed so it’s unknown.  The issue is it’s cheaper to make a PSU with no safety features and low longevity, and there’s precious little way to tell if that has been done so it’s hard.  Sniper might be great.  Sniper might be diablotek level bad.  I just have no idea.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue with PSUs is mostly about safety.  How long does it take to wear and what is it likely to do to a system if/when it blows.   It appears to be much more possible to make a longer lasting PSU that will not destroy other components If it goes than it used to be, but there is no standardization for that, and the devices themselves are more or less featureless black boxes so I have to rely on reviews from people who have actually opened the boxes and looked inside while knowing what they are looking at.  This sniper isn’t reviewed so it’s unknown.  The issue is it’s cheaper to make a PSU with no safety features and low longevity, and there’s precious little way to tell if that has been done so it’s hard.  Sniper might be great.  Sniper might be diablotek level bad.  I just have no idea.

ok men thanks for the reply and for the price its 50 dollar (US) 

4 minutes ago, HenryFan said:

There are well rated PSUs near that price but they’re small.  Like 400-450w. I really wish I knew what parts and systems differentiate a safe reliable PSU from one that is not, but I don’t :/  

There are those here that do.

On 7/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, HenryFan said:

On 7/23/2020 at 2:44 PM, HenryFan said:

What currency did that come from? I know of won and yuan, which translated to ~$1 and ~$200 respectively. I must be using the wrong currency XD

at $50 usd, there's simply better, more brand name options with more consumer trust. If I were you, I'd consider that a loss on the value of the system, still leaving the overall price a good value, and go pick yourself up a more reliable model.

For reference, use the PSU Tier list

also watch out for deceptive marketing like this that makes me very wary of that brand

image.png.d92f46006a17cf0621f94888a3156870.png

It's probably a small deductible to use the warranty after 2 years, but given how cheap a psu can get, even a small service fee can be a third or half the whole psu. Also most of the good name brand ones you find in the list can have up to 5 yr warranties, but with no cost, just free warranty

19 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

also watch out for deceptive marketing like this that makes me very wary of that brand

image.png.d92f46006a17cf0621f94888a3156870.png

It's probably a small deductible to use the warranty after 2 years, but given how cheap a psu can get, even a small service fee can be a third or half the whole psu. Also most of the good name brand ones you find in the list can have up to 5 yr warranties, but with no cost, just free warranty

Or 10. Or 12.  The ones that don’t are generally 60 day.  The effective 2 year warranty with an available “extended warranty” which is basically unregulated insurance, is worrisome to me.  It’s unusually short for a US warranty, but greater than minimum.  Might be a thing based on national law.  There’s a mandatory 1 year minimum in the EU for anything for example.  A decent PSU was generally considered to be good for 5 years 20 years ago.  That they consider theirs to be only good for 2 is worrisome.  A decent PSU 20 years ago would not be considered a decent PSU today.  It’s an unknown.  If there is a review of the thing I suggest looking it up before buying one.  A 2 year warranty is better than a 60 day warranty.  I’m not sure I’d want to use the thing for more than 2 years though.  The company doesn’t seem to trust them beyond that.