Motherboard suggestions for ryzen 9.

Looking for recommendations for a motherboard for a ryzen 9. I may overclock in the future. Looking anywhere up to £300

Form factor? Full spec list? Overclocking? Any specific IO/connectivity (USB, M.2, PCIe, etc.) requirements?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

5 minutes ago, Wilmotheworm said:

Looking for recommendations for a motherboard for a ryzen 9. I may overclock in the future. Looking anywhere up to £300

To be honest any Asus/MSI/Asrock/Gigabyte motherboard with a X570 chipset is good. Personally I'd get the Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO.

I have 2x8gb corsair vengeance ram and a 1660 super. New to building a pc so not sure what else to say. I do plan to eventually overclock when I put a water cooler in. I use the pc for gaming and plan to stream and make videos 

8 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

To be honest any Asus/MSI/Asrock/Gigabyte motherboard with a X570 chipset is good

Low end MSI X570 is a dissaster and the x570 UD from Gigabyte scratches by barely. And the Pro4 line from ASrock is ok, but its only redeeming factor is offering an mATX board. 

21 minutes ago, Wilmotheworm said:

Looking anywhere up to £300

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9t7p99/msi-meg-x570-unify-atx-am4-motherboard-meg-x570-unify

Unify then, since its basicly as good as it gets at around 300£

But you can opt to spend less. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/whMTwP/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-x570-plus

TUF gaming is more than sufficient. And if there arent any IO requirements. Some B550 options would be more than fine. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Low end MSI X570 is a dissaster and the x570 UD from Gigabyte scratches by barely. And the Pro4 line from ASrock is ok, but its only redeeming factor is offering an mATX board. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9t7p99/msi-meg-x570-unify-atx-am4-motherboard-meg-x570-unify

Unify then, since its basicly as good as it gets at around 300£

But you can opt to spend less. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/whMTwP/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-x570-plus

TUF gaming is more than sufficient. And if there arent any IO requirements. Some B550 options would be more than fine. 

Thank you for correcting me!!! I meant any X570 that is more pricey. SOME entry-level ones are decent. MSI X570 entry-level motherboards have bad vrms and therefore are trash so stay away from them @Wilmotheworm

20 minutes ago, Wilmotheworm said:

I have 2x8gb corsair vengeance ram and a 1660 super. New to building a pc so not sure what else to say. I do plan to eventually overclock when I put a water cooler in. I use the pc for gaming and plan to stream and make videos 

B550 Aorus Pro, B550 Gaming Edge WIFI/Tomahawk, Strix B550-F - these offer pretty much everything most people need.

If you want to spend a little more, get an X570 Tomahawk.

If you want to spend even more, get an X570 Unify. Though unless you plan on hammering a 3950X there's not much point in spending this much, and you'd be better off getting some better memory, or whatever else. Speaking of memory, what speed/timings are you getting?

21 minutes ago, CroixFrozy said:

To be honest any Asus/MSI/Asrock/Gigabyte motherboard with a X570 chipset is good.

MSI's sub-Tomahawk X570 boards are hot garbage if you plan on pairing them with a Ryzen 9, and Gigabyte's X570 UD and Gaming X are not too far ahead of those either.

Asrock's Pro4 and Phantom Gaming *insert random number here* (no but really, I can't remember what it's actually called, but basically the cheapest PG) are also on discrete MOSFETs and super borderline imo for a Ryzen 9, particularly with PBO enabled.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC