Is it worth upgrading my PC?

Hi all,

I hope you are well. I am planning to build my first gaming PC (I live in UK so UK prices and websites please).

I currently have:

I7 3770 3.4ghz

gtx 1060 6gb

ram - 16gb ddr3 1333mhz

2tb sata hdd

750w cheap psu

I was thinking of this build:

CPU - Ryzen 2600

Motherboard - unknown (really wanted the b450 rog strix but hear its not that great so was thinking about the MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX)

GPU - 1070 8gb or 580 8gb or 570 GB 

RAM - I have no idea what to use or what is compatible, cheaper is better but I don't want it to bottleneck.

Storage - 1tb Samsung qvo

PSU - Seasonic 750w Platinum 

The reality is I play mostly play Csgo, league of legends, and have started warzone recently (which i get average 80-100 fps csgo, 140 league, and 70fps warzone). These games are not exactly demanding (maybe warzone a bit) and so I want to actually know if I will be able to do anything new with this build (is the rx 570 8gb worse than the gtx 1060 6gb that I have? I want to build one for the fun, satisfaction and aesthetics but I don't really want to spend at least £400 pounds to build this (plus funds left from old PC) for a pc that wont really offer anything new.

Let me know guys - if worth give me advice on the missing pc parts :)

Love you all

1 minute ago, JellyBurger676 said:

is the rx 570 8gb worse than the gtx 1060 6gb that I have?

Yep. The RX 580 is about equal with the GTX 1060 6GB and the RX 570 would be a downgrade.

2 minutes ago, JellyBurger676 said:

I want to build one for the fun, satisfaction and aesthetics but I don't really want to spend at least £400 pounds to build this (plus funds left from old PC) for a pc that wont really offer anything new.

Check what is the part in your system is holding you back the most. In my mind, the CPU and GPU are a good combo together. Upgrading will just make it so you're closer to the 'limit' the other can reach.

Adding an SSD will definitely help, upgrading to the R5 2600+mobo+memory (get 2x8GB 3200Mhz or better) will help too and a videocard upgrade (to something like a 1070 or something) will help too.

I would definitely get an SSD, whatever you do.

The CPU/mobo/RAM upgrade I would only do if you want more fps in CSGO

The GPU upgrade will help in Warzone, but at some point your CPU will hold you back there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Are you happy with the performance you are getting? If yes, dont upgrade. If not, upgrade.

If you do want to upgrade, what is your budget?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

yeah what you're planning won't be a massive improvements, since you're looking at last gen components.

I would slowly upgrade the current pc. 

spend £350 on a new gpu (rx5700 or 5700xt) and psu (corsair txm550)

save some more and spend another £350 or a ryzen 5 3600 + b450 + 16gb ram

I think the used market is your best bet. Try to get a 1600af or 2600, decent X470 or B450 mobo, 16gb ram (try to get at least 3000 MHz), and a 1070 or 1080. 

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

Yeah I buy used items apart from motherboard and case. 

Im not planning to play the latest triple A titles, and I can't upgrade anything but my GPU in my system as I have an old asus motherboard and my PSU only has 6 pcie pins. 

:(

There is a new 'gen'? By that you mean vega/rtx? I can't afford those, well I can but I'm not willing to spend that much.