people who don't game

Games and gaming has been my life since the early 80s. I started out programing them in the 8 bit era and using 2d engines in the 16 bit era to build them. That was before the internet and all I could do at the time was send them to publishers. I was not successful but it was a good experience.

All the time I was making games I was also doing business programing, desktop publishing, desktop video and 3D to help pay the bills.

By 2000 I decided to start creating content for video games again and did it on the side for about 5 years with an indie company. It was fun but since it did not pay into a pension or health care I gave it up and only did 3D design with companies that would pay into these funds. 

My favorite type art is 3D games. I will buy a game just to look around at the artwork and playing them comes second.

To play I prefer games I can add content to so the ones I have the most hours in are either moddable games or building games. 

Right now I am playing Space Engines with 685 hours and I am revisiting an old save I started in 2015 in my heavily modded Fallout 4 that I have 6,693 hours in.    

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Don’t play that much on my computer any more. I do have a Nintendo Switch, which fits my lifestyle much better when it comes to playing games and I play that regularly (and also it has Nintendo games, the best game developer/publisher). 

I think the only thing I do play on my compter as of late is Civ 6.

I only play minecraft on holidays. Otherwise it’s no gaming. Just not worth it anymore and new games are garbage anyway.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:04 PM, gloop said:

I don't play many modern games, mainly just play older games (before 2005)

Same, I still play very regularly but aside from a few outliers (some of which I was given codes for so didn't pay) its mostly games from the PS2/Xbox or PS3/Xbox360 era.

The exclusions are RDR2 (which I paid for), AC Odyssey (got for free), Forza Horizon 4 (got for cheap) & SWBF2 (just picked it up in the Steam Summer Sale for £15 because I really wanted to play the campaign).

I've been playing a lot of Tony Hawks Underground, Splinter Cell 1 & Chaos Theory and GTA 3/VC/SA on my original Xbox and enjoying it immensely.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Same, I still play very regularly but aside from a few outliers (some of which I was given codes for so didn't pay) its mostly games from the PS2/Xbox or PS3/Xbox360 era.

The exclusions are RDR2 (which I paid for), AC Odyssey (got for free), Forza Horizon 4 (got for cheap) & SWBF2 (just picked it up in the Steam Summer Sale for £15 because I really wanted to play the campaign).

I've been playing a lot of Tony Hawks Underground, Splinter Cell 1 & Chaos Theory and GTA 3/VC/SA on my original Xbox and enjoying it immensely.

Yeah, throughout quarantine I’ve been playing the Legend of Zelda series. 

Thr first few games show their age but theyre pretty fun!

9 minutes ago, gloop said:

Yeah, throughout quarantine I’ve been playing the Legend of Zelda series. 

Thr first few games show their age but theyre pretty fun!

Actually I believe Zelda 2 has an unfair reputation. Its not Zelda 1 but it was never supposed to be and once you stop trying to compare it against Zelda 1 its actually a very fun game.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I hardly play games on my pc. About the only time i do is to check on servers i host for games and that is normally only few minutes here and there .... Find more fun mucking around with game servers then playing the game its self haha

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Other than the Tex Murphy games which are mainly more puzzle solving than anything else I have played exactly one other and that was Metro Last Light that came free with my MSI video card several years ago.  It was graphically interesting but got boring quickly.  That's it.  My computer is used for office work and photography.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

Not much of a gamer these days. Some occasional gaming with the kids at best. Minecraft BrickRigs, BeamNGDrive to name a few.

But typically I'm into competitive overclocking and benchmarking and hardware cooling experiements.

Im a old gamer but atm i dont have any games that i want to play cuz they all sucks in way...so im waiting for cyberpunk

6 hours ago, Alan G said:

Other than the Tex Murphy games which are mainly more puzzle solving than anything else I have played exactly one other and that was Metro Last Light that came free with my MSI video card several years ago.  It was graphically interesting but got boring quickly.  That's it.  My computer is used for office work and photography.

Under a Killing Moon was probably the last game I completed. Fantastic game, kept me occupied for hours. 

Nowadays more into content creation and tinkering. 

Now the only gaming I really do is on the old Speccy, and a couple of android games to fill the quiet times at work. 

I too play a bit of minecraft on the holidays either by myself or on the server with the nephews.

The concept of gaming still appeals to me, I loved playing WoW, however it's harder to get into gaming as I have other hobbies that generally are more rewarding for my time.

I mostly use my computer for work. 3D rendering/animation and arch viz.

Although I love games, I've been playing less over the past few years. When I do play, I get hooked on Civ 5, Hearts of Iron 4, and driving and flying simulators. The only AAA game I buy/play when it comes out is Far Cry. Cool co-op campaign to play with the wife.