Project H2Orange

davido_labido

*high fives* for the choice of motherboard

this is my second one :D i have another sat next to me from another build!

this is my second one :D i have another sat next to me from another build!

:o

read about it in a few posts up. which slot did you break?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

:o

read about it in a few posts up. which slot did you break?

urm...3rd slot down. it means i cant use 3 way SLI so thought id just grab another board. il use it for something else probably :D 

urm...3rd slot down. it means i cant use 3 way SLI so thought id just grab another board. il use it for something else probably :D

I'll take it :);) jk I'll stick with the sabertooth Z87 I'm gonna get for now.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

It's pretty neat, first time I've seen someone do that, but to be honest, the spray paint kind of looks like crap on it. Everything else is looking nice though.

Thats some ballsy modding, looks great too. Nice one and good luck with the next part.

Yeah, painting your M/B is not for the faint of heart. Although I didn't spray

my entire board (just painted the slots and other stuff that didn't fit the colour

scheme), I was rather nervous when I pushed the ON button for the first time

after having painted mine (it didn't help that the SR-2 has a POST sequence

which takes quite a while to complete and is a bit excentric, so I sat there

with some serious heart-pumping for a while until I knew all was good).

Luckily it still works. :)

Anyway, looks promising so far, curious to see how this one turns out.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

my entire board (just painted the slots and other stuff that didn't fit the colour

It can't be that risky unless the paint is conductive and shorts something out. I think people are becoming more OK with trying stuff like this ever zince the introducrion of plastidip and similar products. I'd certainly like to try thiz myself.

Orange and white, possible one of the coolest colour combos, behind purple and black...  looking boss :D

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Thats some ballsy modding, looks great too. Nice one and good luck with the next part.

Thanks buddy, ive got some little bits to order now before i do anything else though =( also i have to work away for a little while now!

It's pretty neat, first time I've seen someone do that, but to be honest, the spray paint kind of looks like crap on it. Everything else is looking nice though.

Its because its not normal paint, its a rubber texture when it dries, so when peeling away the masking tape some of the paint came too, also the finish is a bit speckled close up, but thats just due to me rushing, from a normal viewing distance you cant tell at all.

Luckily due to knowing where the blocks/gpu's etc were going all the not so good areas will be covered ;)

Aye, i was the same, i forgot to put my SLI bridge on when i booted mine up so it was throwing an error up, took me ages to realise why as well!

Orange and white, possible one of the coolest colour combos, behind purple and black...  looking boss :D

orange + white > purple and black ;) nah i did a pink and black build, and i told her she should have had purple and black, would have looked awesome!  Cheers man

It can't be that risky unless the paint is conductive and shorts something out. I think people are becoming more OK with trying stuff like this ever zince the introducrion of plastidip and similar products. I'd certainly like to try thiz myself.

aaah, it is still quite risky imo. your adding a layer than can hold in heat on the motherboard, so you dont know if its going to be able to handle the extra layer. its not just about the risk of breaking it as you spray it, its the long term effects too (which i still dont know if will stand up to!)

Well, I must admit that I'm always slightly nervous when I turn on my build

due to the SR-2's funky POST sequence. She's a fickle lady, so to speak.

But yeah, totally agree, as long as you don't do something wrong while handling

the board and the paint is non-conductive, all should be fine. Hell, I once heard

of a guy who spray-painted his entire board, didn't even cover the PCI slots.

Then he just took a card and mounted/unmounted it a dozen times or so,

scratching the paint off the contacts in the slots again. Seemed to work without

problems afterwards.

Aye, i was the same, i forgot to put my SLI bridge on when i booted mine up so it was throwing an error up, took me ages to realise why as well!

now that must have been nerve-wracking :D

aaah, it is still quite risky imo. your adding a layer than can hold in heat on the motherboard, so you dont know if its going to be able to handle the extra layer. its not just about the risk of breaking it as you spray it, its the long term effects too (which i still dont know if will stand up to!)

Aye, if you overdo it with the paint I could see that, but what I recall

from my thermo lectures, as long as you don't overdo it, a coat of paint

shouldn't make that much of a difference TBH (i.e. I would estimate that

the components have been spec'd with enough headroom to be able to take

the difference). If you're really worried you could always see to it that

there's some air moving across the board, then all should be fine. But yeah,

in the end it comes down to trial and error. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I love it. Simply Talented!

Cheers mate!

Well, I've manages to source a little bit of sheet aluminium for the next part of this build. So that should be coming soon. I am however really struggling to find Xspc black chrome 90 degree fittings. There's a massive stock shortage!

If anyone has any left over from their builds feel free pop me a message please!

This is a real neat build! Plus, I'm a huge sucker for orange stuff. Curious to see how it turns out.

I am so excited to see how this turns out. Great job so far!

This is a real neat build! Plus, I'm a huge sucker for orange stuff. Curious to see how it turns out.

Thanks gents!!!

Well, i logged onto facebook today, received a message from a friend saying "gigabyte have been sharing your motherboard post btw"

WHAT?!??!??!!! 

looked, and GIGABYTE and GIGABYTE USA have both shared my build log from one of the forums i posted it at!!! from there, its got 70+ more shares from other websites/companies/people! inculding MAXIMUM PC

Im really humbled to see something ive done somewhere so popular, so thanks for that guys!!!!

Right, lets get down to some modding!

So, not only did Coolermeister sort me out with a load of XSPC gear, but he also sorted me out with something else!

it meant cutting my case up a little bit, but i think in the end it will be worth it, bear in mind this ISNT FINISHED!!!!

Also, the battery on my phone was dying (yup still using my phone to take the photos =( ) so some of them went a little funny! i will hunt out one of my other cameras soon, i promise!

So....

The front panel, in all its white goodness.

VOInXynl.jpg

soooo... i need to put something in the top 2 bays... the "something" doesnt fit yet.

lets make it! Time to grab my trusty dremel and cut off some little bits....

aPWSLJul.jpg

hmmm.... still doesnt fit =(

CGvmM6ol.jpg

Ok... Lets get the file out.

Thats better! snug like a bug in a rug!

GKVV6eJl.jpg

Have you guessed what it is yet??!

Thats right, its a Nice 6.2" touch screen (dont worry, the scratches are on the plastic, not the screen)

hjtDYuCl.jpg

At the moment, im just holding it in with some glue from my glue gun, its holding well, but il be making a backing plate to hold it in place better at some point

l3AF1Ptl.jpg

so, does it even work? 

Yup! wooohooo!!

2qCg2qdl.jpg

gNkqA6Kl.jpg

I just need to sort the edging out (which shouldnt be a problem, i have a few ideas for that!

so... another step closer!!!

Oh, and i know its not central (this is done on purpose, the right hand side (as you look at it) has a wider bezzle than the left, so if i centred the actual screen, the image on it wouldn't be correct.

i will be making it look better later :)

That's freaking awesome!

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Ooooh, that's nice! :wub:

Well, i logged onto facebook today, received a message from a friend saying "gigabyte have been sharing your motherboard post btw"

WHAT?!??!??!!!

looked, and GIGABYTE and GIGABYTE USA have both shared my build log from one of the forums i posted it at!!! from there, its got 70+ more shares from other websites/companies/people! inculding MAXIMUM PC

Im really humbled to see something ive done somewhere so popular, so thanks for that guys!!!!

That just shows what a great modder you are! It's a really cool project and I hope you'll get boosted to upload moar pictures by that :D

BTW what screen is that and how much did it cost you? I see people implementing touchscreens more and more, but how do you get stuff displayed on it?

My favorite taste of the alphabet is yellow. 

WHAT?!??!??!!! 

Right, lets get down to some modding!

So, not only did Coolermeister sort me out with a load of XSPC gear, but he also sorted me out with something else!

it meant cutting my case up a little bit, but i think in the end it will be worth it, bear in mind this ISNT FINISHED!!!!

Also, the battery on my phone was dying (yup still using my phone to take the photos =( ) so some of them went a little funny! i will hunt out one of my other cameras soon, i promise!

So....

The front panel, in all its white goodness.
soooo... i need to put something in the top 2 bays... the "something" doesnt fit yet.

I just need to sort the edging out (which shouldnt be a problem, i have a few ideas for that!

so... another step closer!!!

Oh, and i know its not central (this is done on purpose, the right hand side (as you look at it) has a wider bezzle than the left, so if i centred the actual screen, the image on it wouldn't be correct.

i will be making it look better later :)

Congrats on the mention from Gigabyte!

Also that screen is pretty damn cool.

I'm on MaxamumPC almost daily and I think I did see them mention you! I'm also seeing mentions all over the place for build logs on this forum.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

That's freaking awesome!

Cheers buddy, its not quite finished, but im rather happy with it tbh!

Ooooh, that's nice! :wub:

Thank you!! ive got an idea for it that might be interesting, ive got to see how to implement it though first

That just shows what a great modder you are! It's a really cool project and I hope you'll get boosted to upload moar pictures by that :D

BTW what screen is that and how much did it cost you? I see people implementing touchscreens more and more, but how do you get stuff displayed on it?

im not exactly sure on the model, i will try and find out for you, also i wouldnt like to say what i got it at as i got it at cost, rather than the RRP, so wouldnt want to get your hopes up. Id say for the RRP they are around £80 maybe for the one i have?

This one has a few different input methods, i will be using VGA though as it already came with everything needed to use that. il be using an adapter where needed.

Congrats on the mention from Gigabyte!

Also that screen is pretty damn cool.

Thank you good sir! it works rather well too!!!

I'm on MaxamumPC almost daily and I think I did see them mention you! I'm also seeing mentions all over the place for build logs on this forum.

oooou, il have to have a browse around the forum! i love seeing anything to do with my builds whether its positive or negative feedback. Negative feedback often gives me just as many ideas as positive!

Thanks!

im not exactly sure on the model, i will try and find out for you, also i wouldnt like to say what i got it at as i got it at cost, rather than the RRP, so wouldnt want to get your hopes up. Id say for the RRP they are around £80 maybe for the one i have?

This one has a few different input methods, i will be using VGA though as it already came with everything needed to use that. il be using an adapter where needed.

Thanks!

£80 Is like the amount of money that is just laying somewhere in my room. Even though it isn't much, I would rather spend it on another 23" screen. Maybe I can find a smaller/cheaper one to run as a fan controller, since the H440 I want to buy has no 5,25" bays. Maybe put it on the top/side or something in a nice case.

My favorite taste of the alphabet is yellow. 

£80 Is like the amount of money that is just laying somewhere in my room. Even though it isn't much, I would rather spend it on another 23" screen. Maybe I can find a smaller/cheaper one to run as a fan controller, since the H440 I want to buy has no 5,25" bays. Maybe put it on the top/side or something in a nice case.

dont get me wrong thats just a guess, it could be far cheaper than that. 

I dont need any other monitors (i already have 3 for which ever system i use, then sat in the loft as spares) so thought this might be a fun little addition.

this is what my setup was like before i started this build log 

u2k1Q7Nl.jpg