Windows 7 fresh install - USBly ports not working correcet

SAndreev
Go to solution Solved by TehDwonz,
Just now, TehDwonz said:

For the USB 3.0 one, extract the USB 3 driver, don't run the exe or install the other drivers! @SAndreev

Hello,

So, my problems is: After a fresh install of Windows 7 (updated with latests windows updates), the usb ports are not working properly, my mouse is kinda slow and flickering (touchpad is working fine).

I download and tried installing Intel 3.0 eX driver, but it says its not for my system. (Lenovo V110-15IAP). I'm stuck. Can someone tell me what driver I need to install in order to get the usb ports working? Everything was working on Windows 10. 

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

9 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

Everything was working on Windows 10

Thats the main issue. All the drivers and such at least on their site are Windows 10.

You would have to check what chipset is used for the USB and look at the manufacturer site if they have Windows 7 drivers.

Windows 7 can't read USB data lanes that present on the CPU without a proper driver.

But it can read USB data from the chipset without problems.

You need at least a chipset driver for Windows 7.

Best regards,

Your friendly Windows 7 knowledgeable neighbor.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Thats the main issue. All the drivers and such at least on their site are Windows 10.

You would have to check what chipset is used for the USB and look at the manufacturer site if they have Windows 7 drivers.

Thanks for the fast reply. I remmember I have used Windows 7 with everything working fine, before. How can I check the USB chipset? Some kind of software I can use? 

Just now, SAndreev said:

Thanks for the fast reply. I remmember I have used Windows 7 with everything working fine, before. How can I check the USB chipset? Some kind of software I can use? 

The chipset of your motherboard.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Windows 7 can't read USB data lanes that present on the CPU without a proper driver.

But it can read USB data from the chipset without problems.

You need at least a chipset driver for Windows 7.

Best regards,

Your friendly Windows 7 knowledgeable neighbor.

Thanks for the fast reply mate :). Is the somekind of software I can use to check up the chipset version to know what driver I need?

Also I noticed the mouse scroller isn't working.

25 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

Hello,

So, my problems is: After a fresh install of Windows 7 (updated with latests windows updates), the usb ports are not working properly, my mouse is kinda slow and flickering (touchpad is working fine).

I download and tried installing Intel 3.0 eX driver, but it says its not for my system. (Lenovo V110-15IAP). I'm stuck. Can someone tell me what driver I need to install in order to get the usb ports working? Everything was working on Windows 10. 

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

You can install it manually. Here's a guide to help you: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-in/sln121527/how-to-find-drivers-for-devices-using-a-hardware-id?lang=en

53 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Give Snappy Driver Installer a try? It's free, and does a good job of matching hardware IDs to drivers. 

3 hours ago, TehDwonz said:

Give Snappy Driver Installer a try? It's free, and does a good job of matching hardware IDs to drivers. 

I'll give that a try. I'm downloading it, its 20GB.

40 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

heh, you can get the version without the drivers - it will then only get the ones you need!

Here: http://sdi-tool.org/releases/SDI_R2000.zip

Thanks, unfortunately the driver that I need is missing from DriverPacks database. 

Thats the device I need driver for: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A9A&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_0B

I have installed one driver I found online, now the usb ports arent working at all...

1 minute ago, SAndreev said:

Thanks, unfortunately the driver that is missing is not found in DriverPacks database. 

Thats the device I need driver for: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A9A&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_0B

I have installed one driver I found online, now the usb ports arent working at all...

That's because that is not a USB device, that is "Intel Trusted Execution Engine". You need to remove that device (and any hidden instances of it) in device manager, making sure to tick the "remove driver" option if presented. Then reboot and use Intel's tool to try and ID it properly: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

3 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

That's because that is not a USB device, that is "Intel Trusted Execution Engine". You need to remove that device (and any hidden instances of it) in device manager, making sure to tick the "remove driver" option if presented. Then reboot and use Intel's tool to try and ID it properly: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

According to Intel's tool, my drivers are up to date.

Just now, TehDwonz said:

Failing that, you could try and force the W10 driver to install, if it will allow?
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cavd05af070k.exe

Or Lenovo's update tool? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-v-series-laptops/v110-15iap/downloads/automatic-driver-update

But get rid of the device in question first - many tools won't try to correct something that's been forced with incorrect drivers (Windows will allow you to install a USB driver for a non-USB device, it just won't work).

1 minute ago, TehDwonz said:

Or Lenovo's update tool? https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-v-series-laptops/v110-15iap/downloads/automatic-driver-update

But get rid of the device in question first - many tools won't try to correct something that's been forced with incorrect drivers (Windows will allow you to install a USB driver for a non-USB device, it just won't work).

When I try to install it, I get the error: This operating system is not supported

3 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

When I try to install it, I get the error: This operating system is not supported

ok, so locked out by the installer. I can extract the TXEI driver for you if you want, and see if you can install it via device manager, manually pointing it to the driver files? It may be that there is no Win7 compatible driver. Technically, the W10 one should work, but this is OEM lenovo kit, so no guarantee.

Just now, TehDwonz said:

ok, so locked out by the installer. I can extract the TXEI driver for you if you want, and see if you can install it via device manager, manually pointing it to the driver files? It may be that there is no Win7 compatible driver. Technically, the W10 one should work, but this is OEM lenovo kit, so no guarantee.

I could try that. It seem strange since a while ago I've used windows 7 on this machine and I had no problems

Just now, SAndreev said:

I could try that. It seem strange since a while ago I've used windows 7 on this machine and I had no problems

I am guessing that part of the cause is that device being mis-assigned. You can usually disable "Trusted Execution" and "Management Engine" in BIOS - that would make the device disappear if it is indeed that (good way to confirm). Once you remove all trace of it from device manager (incl hidden), the incorrect assignment should sort itself out.

3 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

aha, I extracted all the files in the Lenovo package, including all exe and msi files, and guess what? It contains Windows 7 drivers! The software just blocks it!

31 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Path to the exact files needed is:

TXE_Driver\SetupTXE.exe\TXE_Driver_x64.msi\drivers\win7

@SAndreev

I think that worked. I have installed the driver manually, by pointing to the inf file from device manager. The PCI controller is now gone from "Other devices" but the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_0B) stays there (im adding a pic). The mouse is still not functioning correctly and usb sticks are not recognised. 

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

I think that worked. I have installed the driver manually, by pointing to the inf file from device manager. The PCI controller is now gone from "Other devices" but the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_0B) stays there (im adding a pic). The mouse is still not functioning correctly and usb sticks are not recognised. 

Capture.PNG

Ok, they just need the chipset driver package: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cavm04af.exe
Use the same method to extract the Win7 versions. Probably worth "uninstalling" the devices first, and remove drivers if prompted.

6 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Ok, they just need the chipset driver package: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cavm04af.exe
Use the same method to extract the Win7 versions. Probably worth "uninstalling" the devices first, and remove drivers if prompted.

I was able to install this one with the exe file. But the problem remains in device manager.

2 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

I was able to install this one with the exe file. But the problem remains in device manager.

Hmm, what are the device IDs for both of the remaining problem devices?