Windows 7 fresh install - USBly ports not working correcet

SAndreev
Go to solution Solved by TehDwonz,
Just now, TehDwonz said:

For the USB 3.0 one, extract the USB 3 driver, don't run the exe or install the other drivers! @SAndreev

2 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Hmm, what are the device IDs for both of the remaining problem devices?

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_0B
Unknown Device - ACPI\INT3452

6 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Hmm, what are the device IDs for both of the remaining problem devices?

I think I need this driver: Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver 

But when I try to install it I get the error that my machine does not meet the minimum requirements 

3 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_0B
Unknown Device - ACPI\INT3452

ok, the first one is absolutely the USB 3.0 controller. Try this https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1fha05w.exe

Second one is "Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller" : http://download.driverpacks.net/driverpacks/repack/Chipset/Intel/FORCED/SerialIO/10x64/30.100.1630.02_BXT/Intel-FORCED-SerialIO-10x64-30.100.1630.02_BXT-drp.zip

Just now, TehDwonz said:

For the USB 3.0 one, extract the USB 3 driver, don't run the exe or install the other drivers! @SAndreev

5 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

The first link is for chipset driver, I've installed it. The second link does not work. I get 404 error

Just now, SAndreev said:

The first link is for chipset driver, I've installed it. The second link does not work. I get 404 error

Yes, but it contains a different version of the USB driver files, so they need to be extracted (using 7zip or similar).

Just noticed the 404 - getting an alternative source now.

ok @SAndreev I checked and the non-USB one is "Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT3452". This is absolutely available in the Snappy Driver Installer. It's within the "DP_Chipset_20064" section.

Tick that in SDI to download it, then navigate to:

SDI\drivers\DP_Chipset_20064.7z\Intel\FORCED\SerialIO\10x64\30.100.1630.02_BXT\

The "iaLPSS2_GPIO2_BXT_P.inf" is where you want to point device manager for manual install.

3 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

ok @SAndreev I checked and the non-USB one is "Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT3452". This is absolutely available in the Snappy Driver Installer. It's within the "DP_Chipset_20064" section.

Tick that in SDI to download it, then navigate to:

SDI\drivers\DP_Chipset_20064.7z\Intel\FORCED\SerialIO\10x64\30.100.1630.02_BXT\

The "iaLPSS2_GPIO2_BXT_P.inf" is where you want to point device manager for manual install.

GOSH! Ok the problem is fixed. So what I did, if someone in the future has the same problem: I found and installed Intel eX usb controller (manually), after that alot of other deviced started popping up in the "Other Deviced" tab in Device manager, it simply installed them using windows update option. Now everything works normally.. Thank a lot for you guidance and assistance @TehDwonz!!!

1 minute ago, SAndreev said:

GOSH! Ok the problem is fixed. So what I did, if someone in the future has the same problem: I found and installed Intel eX usb controller (manually), after that alot of other deviced started popping up in the "Other Deviced" tab in Device manager, it simply installed them using windows update option. Now everything works normally.. Thank a lot for you guidance and assistance @TehDwonz!!!

No problem, glad you got it sorted. Just to check something with SDI - did you update the "indexes", before driver packs?

Just now, TehDwonz said:

No problem, glad you got it sorted. Just to check something with SDI - did you update the "indexes", before driver packs?

Actually I did not get to trying the SDI pack, after installing the intel usb eX 3.0 driver (MANUALLY) everying went in place. When I tried installing it from the exe file, it sad that my system does not meet the minimul req. I don't know why..

9 minutes ago, SAndreev said:

Actually I did not get to trying the SDI pack, after installing the intel usb eX 3.0 driver (MANUALLY) everying went in place. When I tried installing it from the exe file, it sad that my system does not meet the minimul req. I don't know why..

OEMs like to con people into buying new things. That said, I'd choose Win10 over 7 if it were mine 😜

3 hours ago, TehDwonz said:

OEMs like to con people into buying new things. That said, I'd choose Win10 over 7 if it were mine 😜

Yea, Windows 10 is pretty nice and intuitive. But it uses a lot of resources even on no work-load. After playing around with Windows 7 (specifically on this machine), I feel it's more snappy and responsive compared to Windows 10.

11 hours ago, SAndreev said:

Yea, Windows 10 is pretty nice and intuitive. But it uses a lot of resources even on no work-load. After playing around with Windows 7 (specifically on this machine), I feel it's more snappy and responsive compared to Windows 10.

Odd, I find the opposite 😄
Something to consider for future installs - check out "NTLite", which makes it easy to cut out the bloatware from a windows ISO. Allows you to add drivers, updates, programs etc to the installation. Even pre-configure settings, like turning off animations and transparency. It's not free, but not expensive either. Check it out: https://www.ntlite.com/ 

Anyway, glad your drivers are sorted!