Huawei issue's in UK

xReqt

Hi,

I am just wanting to know as of soon Huawei 5G will be banned in the UK will this effect my use of the products (Huawei Tablet and Huawei P Smart 2019) I am with giffgaff atm so I am hoping this won't effect me though I know little about this.

Any information is appreciated,

Thanks in advance... 

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

16GB DDR4 Crucial ram (2133mhz)

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

----------------------------------------------------------

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

Ban of Huawei network infrastructure does not affect your huawei devices or other devices at all. Google's ban of Huawei devices on gplay affects you more than that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 hours ago, Levent said:

Google's ban of Huawei devices on gplay affects you more than that.

You can install google services on any android device that doesn't come with them even after then ban, Huawei or not.

Just to confirm it a second time for OP, your devices will not be affected if the UK or anyone else ban the use of Huawei infrastructure. Put very simply they want to avoid using Huawei transmitters, receivers, routers etc due to concerns about their security, Huawei is pretty much just an arm of the CCP.

28 minutes ago, pzspah said:

Huawei is pretty much just an arm of the CCP.

That isn't really true, at least not that we know of.  The issue the US has is that it's potentially beholden to the Chinese government... if China decides it wants to spy on everything passing through a certain cell site, Huawei might not have much choice but to comply with a request to install eavesdropping technology.  Think of Huawei as the friend of a bully; it may not be completely subservient to the bully and may even disagree with the bullying, but it may be pressured into doing doing things to prevent that friendship from going south.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

That isn't really true, at least not that we know of.  The issue the US has is that it's potentially beholden to the Chinese government... if China decides it wants to spy on everything passing through a certain cell site, Huawei might not have much choice but to comply with a request to install eavesdropping technology.  Think of Huawei as the friend of a bully; it may not be completely subservient to the bully and may even disagree with the bullying, but it may be pressured into doing doing things to prevent that friendship from going south.

They did sell stuff to the Middle East ignoring UN sanctions. They are pretty much owned by the CCP. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

They did sell stuff to the Middle East ignoring UN sanctions. They are pretty much owned by the CCP. 

I don't know if that's so much being owned as just deciding that money was more important than honoring US sanctions.  The reality of Huawei strikes me as complicated -- it's not necessarily the puppet people think it is, but nor is it beyond reproach.

22 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I don't know if that's so much being owned as just deciding that money was more important than honoring US sanctions.  The reality of Huawei strikes me as complicated -- it's not necessarily the puppet people think it is, but nor is it beyond reproach.

UN sanctions not US. They've also beencaught doing other shady stuff, tbh they're probably gonna die outside of china if they don't get the playstore back. 

• 2 weeks later...

@xReqt You should be fine as the huawei tech has to be removed from the Uk's 5G infrastructure by 2027 so it most likely won't happen immediately. 

8 hours ago, j.son19 said:

@xReqt You should be fine as the huawei tech has to be removed from the Uk's 5G infrastructure by 2027 so it most likely won't happen immediately. 

Huawei devices will still be able to use 5G etc in the UK the stuff that's being removed is on the network side. 

Why are you allowing China to spy on your personal information??

edit: It like duing the cold war allowing USSR to read your personal mail. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal but China is getting value from it so why allow it?

On 7/15/2020 at 3:27 PM, Orfieus said:

Why are you allowing China to spy on your personal information??

edit: It like duing the cold war allowing USSR to read your personal mail. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal but China is getting value from it so why allow it?

If you allow US to spy on your personal information, why not China? Both countries are being lead by brainless muppets

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

32 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

If you allow US to spy on your personal information, why not China? Both countries are being lead by brainless muppets

Perhaps right now but China will always be a communist country and communism should always be opposed

On 7/17/2020 at 2:02 PM, Orfieus said:

Perhaps right now but China will always be a communist country and communism should always be opposed

If you really think that the CCP is a communist country , boy do i have news for you. Also the fact that you don't understand the hypocrisy in your statement is just sad.

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

18 hours ago, Justhavocman said:

If you really think that the CCP is a communist country , boy do i have news for you. Also the fact that you don't understand the hypocrisy in your statement is just sad.

Wait are you trying to tell me China isn't a communist party. Please I am all ears, please explain to me how wrong I am or are you just trying to earn enough social credits so you can go on vacation ( https://www.wired.co.uk/article/china-social-credit-system-explained ) 

18 hours ago, Justhavocman said:

Yes they are a communist country and have been for the last 70 years.