Koenigsegg One:1 Revealed

chaozbandit

19h004b41fhofjpg.jpg

Theoretical top speed: 280 MPH. That takes a lot of sisu, and the Swedes don't kid around when they come to this kind of stuff. The following content is a repost from Jalopnik and associated photographer GFWilliams, who was invited to Koenigsegg Automotive AB for an exclusive factory tour (including a tour of the CCXR and One:1). 

Before I get started, I'll put the important numbers here. The price of the One:1 is 30% higher than that of the Agera and there will be 6 cars produced, including an experimental prototype. All have been sold. Moving on...

19h005amjujzfjpg.jpg

Powered by a revised version of Koenigsegg's 5.0L turbocharged V8 (found in both the Agera R and Agera S), the One:1 is rated for 1,360 hp @ 7,500 RPM (the engine itself redlines at 8,250 RPM); the torque band of 1,000 NM(737 ft-lb)  is between 3,000 RPM and goes up to 7,500 RPM. The engine is actually capable of more hp (by turning up the boost; really, it's that simple) but Koenigsegg's ideology with this car was to maintain a 1:1 balance of drivability and response. Fun fact: various components of the One:1 are 3D printed; maybe the engineers got bored of all that carbon-fibre weirdness. Koenigsegg controls all of it's own 3D printing presses which is handy, given that the exhaust is the largest single piece of titanium on the car and takes 3 days to print. 

19h004svam8w8jpg.jpg

The carbon-fibre monocoque is the same basic structure as the Agera platform (just like what McLaren does with the 12C/P1) but it uses a new weave of carbon-fibre that promises to be 40% lighter. Another fun fact: much like the cars Koenigsegg is aiming to shoot down, the One:1 also features active aerodynamics. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Think of it like Ferrari's system in the F12, only instead of actuating ducts for brake cooling, the One:1 has hydraulic actuators on the front flaps to adjust the amount of downforce on the front end. Another feature similar to that found on the P1 (and many other mega cars I'd hope) is a front-end lift system to get over sleeping policemen (aka speedhumps).

19h005mgqgondjpg.jpg

Taking a page right out of prototype endurance racing and the various disciplines that use a DRS (drag-reduction system) based wing, the One:1 incorporates both; the vertical fins add additional lateral stability while the rear wing can change it's angle to change the amount of downforce at the rear end of the car, counter-acting the work of the flaps at the front. This "channel" design of rear wing also allows 40% more stable airflow to reach the rear-mounted engine. Under braking (and similar to the Veyron / P1 / Venom GT) the wing increases it's angle of attack, significantly increasing downforce and increasing the efficiency of the rear brakes. Because of all this aero work, the traditional inclusion of a removable targa top (found on all other 'eggs) is absent here.

19h004j08yvldjpg.jpg

Literally everything on this car is carbon-fibre. Everything. Think Pagani Huayra, but more. Everything from the seats to the body, right down to the wheels themselves. Koenigsegg is always playing around with this kind of stuff (their cam-less Saab is also making headlines, but that's a story for another day) and rumour has it that they've just recently received the molds for carbon-fibre springs. Yup, soon your suspension can be ridiculously light as well. What does all this weight savings amount to? A curb weight of 1,360 kg (and that's with the tank half-full of gasoline and all the other fluids topped up). Impressive, ja?

19h004b44rz5fjpg.jpg

Koenigsegg wanted to create not only a car that could chop the competition, but also be a beast around the track (like a regular Agera wasn't already). Their customers also strongly support this, with a hefty majority of them requesting "an insane track car that could also be run on the road." Think Radical SR8, but less likely to kill you. Koenigsegg is being very clever with this car as well. As a national automotive icon, the One:1 would be Sweden's XP car to rival McLaren's British-built XP7. That means the One:1 will be travelling to various race tracks all over the world to do live-data logging and optimize the car's performance for the world's best tracks via GPS (like what McLaren did to log a perfect lap on the Nordshleiffe and what BMW is doing with it's GPS logging). 

19h005mgnps83jpg.jpg

19h004sv7ne05jpg.jpg

Many people initially looked at Koenigsegg Automotive AB as a kit car company. They said the same thing for Pagani. Now they're saying the same thing of Hennesey. Regardless of whether your opinions have changed to date or not, you have to admit that these brands are now world-class and are equally as competitive as their Italian and German rivals. If you see one of these owners in the wild, just appreciate their investment; don't mock them for the amount of money they shelled out. Because the fact of the matter is, without the concorde movement that was the Veyron, we wouldn't have any of this today and we'd most likely be stuck in a drowsy world of beige-econoboxes (looking at you, Toyota). Bravo Koenigsegg. Now to suddenly find a runway that is just long enough to justify that 280 number. The Koenigsegg One:1 will officially debut at the Geneva Auto Show on March 3, 2014.

TL:DR - this 'egg is aiming straight for the 918 Spyder / LaFerrari / P1, and it has a damn good shot at beating them. If you're a car guy / gal and haven't heard of this, then you owe yourself a duty to remedy that.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/the-koenigsegg-one-1-is-swedens-280-mph-carbon-fiber-h-1532088783

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I have no idea what i just read..  

ragecomic.png

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

What a beauty , a true Supercar in my eyes. 

Interested in Business and Technology

I have no idea what i just read..  

That might be because your 13.... and not that interested in cars? Please try to make relevant posts lol...

That is one good looking car OP... How much did it cost? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That thing is stunning. Hoping to see this on Top Gear at some point. Although, it doesn't look very road legal to me, so it'll probably get best time on the track then come straight off again. 

brb pre-ordering

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

That might be because your 13.... and not that interested in cars? Please try to make relevant posts lol...

That is one good looking car OP... How much did it cost? 

They didn't release an official number, but given that the base Agera cost $1,500,000 USD, the 30% price delta puts the One:1 at a MSRP of $1,950,000 USD excluding taxes and freight charges (the Agera R package costs ~$1,700,000 USD and the carbon package is an additional $270,000 above the Agera R).

brb pre-ordering

All 6 cars have been sold, you're outta luck. :(

That thing is stunning. Hoping to see this on Top Gear at some point. Although, it doesn't look very road legal to me, so it'll probably get best time on the track then come straight off again. 

It is 100% road legal, believe me. It's based on the same principles as the P1.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I dont fancy the rims but that is one sick looking beast!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Koenigsegg is by far the most interesting (hyper)car maker out there! There's a lot of innovative technologies going on there, and the engineering is just way beyond anything I've seen from any other company. A true world class car. Italians and germans got nothing on that!

Edit: This car was revealed a couple of weeks ago ;)

They didn't release an official number, but given that the base Agera cost $1,500,000 USD, the 30% price delta puts the One:1 at a MSRP of $1,950,000 USD excluding taxes and freight charges (the Agera R package costs ~$1,700,000 USD and the carbon package is an additional $270,000 above the Agera R).

My god the money thrown out the window to buy this thing is absurd lol....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Koenigsegg is by far the most interesting (hyper)car maker out there! There's a lot of innovative technologies going on there, and the engineering is just way beyond anything I've seen from any other company. A true world class car. Italians and germans got nothing on that!

Edit: This car was revealed a couple of weeks ago ;)

Those were leaks / teasers; a mere announcement of things to come. This isn't an "official" reveal either, but it's an exclusive invitation from Koenigsegg themselves. The "official" reveal is at the Geneva Auto Show next week.

Folding@Home | BOINC

I still don't like recent Koenigsegg, the first ones were really beautiful, this one looks good don't get me wrong, but I still prefer the McLaren P1.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

wow is it release your new supercar month or something?

Genéve Motorshow . All big Manufacturers release their latest and greatest there.

That takes a lot of sisu, and the Swedes don't kid around when they come to this kind of stuff...

Just FYI, finns have sisu, not swedes ;)

Just FYI, finns have sisu, not swedes ;)

I know, but it always makes me happier inside to use sisu instead of courage. Adds a bit of flare to an otherwise boring post, no? :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

carbon fiber wheels on a 1350hp car might not be the best idea.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1:1=1

I dont know what Königeggs problem is! O.o

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

carbon fiber wheels on a 1350hp car might not be the best idea.

I think of all the high-end manufacturers on the market right now, Koenigsegg Automotive AB probably has the most R&D on carbon-fibre development (besting Pagani's carbo-tanium for sure).

Heck, even BMW is starting to roll out carbon wheels.

19gpclgga30wxjpg.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

Genéve Motorshow . All big Manufacturers release their latest and greatest there.

ah right im a big car fan but i dont really follow the car industry especially ones i cant afford i let top gear do that for me lol 

Edit: this also looks alot like there other cars :S

ah right im a big car fan but i dont really follow the car industry especially ones i cant afford i let top gear do that for me lol 

Koenigsegg's design ethos is similar to Porsches, in that they want their cars to follow the same path as the 911. Maintain the same basic shape and design flow, but have a completely new beast underneath the skin for each iteration. Notice now the CCS-CCXR line was always an evolution and the Agera was where a new platform really came out. Pagani also did the same with all the Zonda variants, with the Huayra being the "new" baby.

Did you followed the North American International Auto Show (Detroit) a while back? I was at the Canadian International Auto Show (Toronto) and have photos so I can put up a thread for that as well, but I don't know if there's enough interest on LTTF.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/101900-north-american-international-auto-show-highlights/

Folding@Home | BOINC

I'm sorry but if you don't know the geneve motorshop you are not a car fan.... it has been the biggest motorshow in the world for over 100 years now i believe. Also the BABES! :

Cars-and-Girls-Model-at-2013-Geneva-Moto

Koenigsegg's design ethos is similar to Porsches, in that they want their cars to follow the same path as the 911. Maintain the same basic shape and design flow, but have a completely new beast underneath the skin for each iteration. Notice now the CCS-CCXR line was always an evolution and the Agera was where a new platform really came out. Pagani also did the same with all the Zonda variants, with the Huayra being the "new" baby.

Did you followed the North American International Auto Show (Detroit) a while back? I was at the Canadian International Auto Show (Toronto) and have photos so I can put up a thread for that as well, but I don't know if there's enough interest on LTTF.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/101900-north-american-international-auto-show-highlights/

yea i dont like how porche does that they have used the same design for years even tho i do love the look of the 911 lol and no i didnt see any of those shows but im looking at your threads now and that would be really cool if they brought back the vw combi it looks nice also what is wrong with subarus designs :( i wish they would go back to there 2005 and 2006 models.

I'm sorry but if you don't know the geneve motorshop you are not a car fan.... it has been the biggest motorshow in the world for over 100 years now i believe. Also the BABES! :

my dads owned 3 car yards 2 panel beater shops 2 of my uncles also owned there own panel beater shops and my cousin does spray painting on cars i think its in my blood...

my dads owned 3 car yards 2 panel beater shops 2 of my uncles also owned there own panel beater shops and my cousin does spray painting on cars i think its in my blood...

That's nice , i'm sure your dad knows the geneve auto show.