I regret getting Rainbow Six Siege through Uplay not Steam

I recently checked my Amazon credits and saw I had enough money to buy R6, so I basically got R6 for free. I wasn't aware that the digital key Ubisoft sells is Uplay only, before that I thought Uplay is just a DRM which requires Steam for games to run and NOT A STANDALONE GAME DISTRIBUTION SERVICE. Silly me, now I can't even remove R6 from Uplay library and if I buy R6 via Steam Uplay is just going to make a duplicate version of the same game.

Ubisoft customer support aren't helping either. I asked for them to transfer R6 to my burner account and I still got no reply. I wonder if transferring R6 will actually remove it from Uplay library.

I like Steam "what's new feature" which Uplay doesn't have. Also does anyone have any experience regarding Uplay or the situation i'm in currently, and how many R6 players actually use Uplay version of this game?

is makes no difference which version you buy. if you bought the steam "version", it just makes you download uplay anyway. no matter what, you are always going to have to use uplay. 

you either buy it on steam or directly on uplay, but you are always playing the game on uplay. 

6 minutes ago, Saksham said:

is makes no difference which version you buy. if you bought the steam "version", it just makes you download uplay anyway. no matter what, you are always going to have to use uplay. 

you either buy it on steam or directly on uplay, but you are always playing the game on uplay. 

Ahh so Steam version just act as a shortcut but what about Steam friend list? I googled a lot and can't find a way to sync Steam list to Uplay. Also is there's way to get dev update of Uplay version of R6 to appear in "What's new" category in Steam?

58 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

Ubisoft customer support aren't helping either. I asked for them to transfer R6 to my burner account and I still got no reply. I wonder if transferring R6 will actually remove it from Uplay library.

In this kind of situation they tend to ignore the customer,the customer support is under-paid and not many people work there anyway.

And there is also the use of bots to cover for the lack people and they don't have to pay the bots so profit.

39 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

I googled a lot and can't find a way to sync Steam list to Uplay.

Those are different platforms and the friends list is separate and disconnected between the two.

But you can use GOG Galaxy 2 to enjoy both worlds,It's one launcher for all of your games from Uplay,Steam,Origin,and Epic.

You can also see the friends list from your Playstation and Xbox.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

What's the what's new feature?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

7 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

What's the what's new feature?

that's where steam show games update and events info

Annotation 2020-06-30 145858.jpg

I don't understand why you would want to "sync" your steam and uplay friends. They're completely different platforms and in order to play together with a friend you need to add them on uplay anyways. If one of your steam friends play R6S and you want to play with him, ask for his uplay name and add him.

15 hours ago, Ishit Singh said:

Also is there's way to get dev update of Uplay version of R6 to appear in "What's new" category in Steam?

As far as I know, no. Steam only shows news from games that you own, and since you don't own it on steam, it most likely won't show any news either. If you want to check the changelog I'd suggest going to https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rainbow-six/siege/news-updates and filtering by patch notes and dev blog.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 hour ago, Underi said:

I don't understand why you would want to "sync" your steam and uplay friends. They're completely different platforms and in order to play together with a friend you need to add them on uplay anyways. If one of your steam friends play R6S and you want to play with him, ask for his uplay name and add him.

As far as I know, no. Steam only shows news from games that you own, and since you don't own it on steam, it most likely won't show any news either. If you want to check the changelog I'd suggest going to https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rainbow-six/siege/news-updates and filtering by patch notes and dev blog.

I thought Uplay has sync friendlist feature because of "Link your account with Steam" screenshot. Guess i'm stuck with using Uplay...I can't even upgrade from Standard edition to Deluxe edition if I buy it from Steam.

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Faqs/000027110/Upgrading-game-editions

Even if I buy it from Steam it'll just make another copy of same game in Uplay library which will trigger me even more

The only feature i'll miss the most is "what's new".

000050724_engb_LinkSteam.png