Avoid HP products

zogthegreat

Hi everyone!

So I'm posting my recent experience trying to get HP to provide warranty support for a printer that I purchased 9 months ago. Every time I reach HP support, they stop all conversations with me as soon as I provide proof of purchase. This has been going on for two months now. Here is my latest with HP "support":

Re: HP LaserJet M130nw - constant paper jams

Thanks for the update. If our system shows the warranty to be incorrect I will need to see the proof of purchase to make updates.

zogthegreat

06-22-2020

Here is the proof of purchase

zogthegreat

06-24-2020

Uh, hello? Did you receive the copy of the receipt?

zogthegreat

06-18-2020

I'll go over to BestBuy tomorrow and get a copy. However, I registered the printer on HP's website the day that I purchased it.

zogthegreat

06-18-2020

Hi,

I am confused with you reply. How can a printer that was purchased last October be " over a year out of warranty"? Does the warranty start before the printer leaves the factory?

As for the $300.00 repair fee, (with discount), this printer currently sells for $220.00 CDN:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-hp-laserjet-pro-m130nw-wireless-all-in-one-laser-printer-m13... 

How can you charge me a repair fee that is greater than the cost of a new printer?

Hello William, 

Thank you for providing that information. For this issue such as this, I would recommend a repair. The unit is over a year out of warranty so there would be a service fee for the repair but I can discount that fee. With my discount, the fee will be $300. Would you like to move forward with the repair?

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP. I’d like additional information in order to research this issue for you. Can you please confirm the following and fill out any missing fields?

- Customer Name:

- Contact Number:

- Email Address:

- Mailing Address:

- Serial Number:

- Product Name:

- Prior Case Numbers:

- Description of issue: paper jam 

For details on how to locate your product's serial number, click the following HP link: http://hp.care/2gsY4SC

Please note, this information will only be used for the purposes of researching any issues, providing support, or routing cases to another support team for regional support. HP's ability to thoroughly review support options or to effectively communicate with you is depended on prior requested information. 

HP’s Privacy Statement: http://hp.care/2gsY598

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

-HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

zogthegreat

06-17-2020

Hi, 

Here is the requested information:

- Customer Name: XXXXX XXXXX

- Contact Number: 514-XXX-XXX

- Email Address: bill@XXXXX.com

- Mailing Address: XXXXX Boulevard Rosemont, Montréal, QC XXX XXX

- Serial Number: VNDXXXXXX

- Product Name: LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw

- Prior Case Numbers:

- Description of issue: paper feeds about 1mm into the printer and then the printer gives a paper jam warning and refuses to print. I've tried cleaning the paper feed roller with no change in the jamming. It also prints a large black band on the right side of the paper. The ink cartridge is at 70%, so it's not a low ink issue.

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

It seem that HP does not honor their warranties any more. I would recommend not purchasing any HP products. If they will run you around for 3 months for a bleeping printer that cost $130,00 CDN at the time of purchase, think how hard it will be to get a laptop serviced!

zog

(Moderator, please feel free to move this thread to a part of the forum that you feel it would be better at.)

Edited by Spotty
Removed text colour for night theme users <3

your post is grey text on a black background... can't read most of it

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

Hi @Mad153, I just tried the page with Firefox and Edge and it "seems" to load properly for me, Can you take a screen shot so I can see what your seeing?

You can just highlight over the grey text and it is much easier to read

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

Your bad experience with HP customer support does not mean HP products are completely terrible and that others should avoid them...

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Hi @r2724r16 My point here is that if they won't honor a warranty on a printer that cost me $130.00 CDN, what will they do when you try to get warranty service on a $1000.00 laptop?

4 minutes ago, zogthegreat said:

Hi @Mad153, I just tried the page with Firefox and Edge and it "seems" to load properly for me, Can you take a screen shot so I can see what your seeing?

that's because you've got light mode on. Scary stuff. 

Thanks

Have you actually called them?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, Mad153 said:

that's because you've got light mode on. Scary stuff. 

What do you mean "light mode on"?

@Mad153 just highlight the damn text and stop bloody complaining find a solution to your problem

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

Just now, zogthegreat said:

What do you mean "light mode on"?

its in setting wether or not your screen will contain more white ot black areas so that it doesn't hurt you eyes as much at night

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Have you actually called them?

I have called them multiple times, texted them, contacted them via HP support, Hp forums, and Facebook. Everytime I provide proof of purchase, they stop communication with me.

4 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Your bad experience with HP customer support does not mean HP products are completely terrible and that others should avoid them...

what it does mean is that you shouldnt expect any customer support from them

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

what it does mean is that you shouldnt expect any customer support from them

he's saying that he doesn't like the customer service he received with his printer and thinks that it will also be bad if you get a more expensive thing from them because, well, customer service is the same no matter what you buy

Thanks

4 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

HP products are completely terrible

I have several decades of experience with HP products. They suck, to a one. *Especially* their consumer line. I wouldn't buy an HP consumer line of stuff if you gave me the money to do it with.

I mean there's a reason HP stands for:

Hardly Perfect

Has Problems

Horrible Product

Haphazardly Produced

Horse Pucky

Hideous Practices

You get the point. 🤪

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@Radium_Angel Yeah, I know! I actually went into the store looking for a Brother printer, but they didn't have any in stock so I got the HP.... The last time I will ever purchase a bleeping HP product!

6 minutes ago, zogthegreat said:

@Radium_Angel Yeah, I know! I actually went into the store looking for a Brother printer, but they didn't have any in stock so I got the HP.... The last time I will ever purchase a bleeping HP product!

image.thumb.png.bc82f3f548fc7948924c4d9c3cadc89d.png

Please Fix ;__;

Just now, For Science! said:

image.thumb.png.bc82f3f548fc7948924c4d9c3cadc89d.png

Please Fix ;__;

Just highlight 

1 minute ago, KGGaming said:

Just highlight 

Better to treat the disease than patch the symptoms!

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Please Fix ;__;

The problem is on your end, not the OP. You have "dark" mode enabled. Under "light" mode, everything appears as it should.

It's a classic PEBKAC error

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

57 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

The problem is on your end, not the OP. You have "dark" mode enabled. Under "light" mode, everything appears as it should.

It's a classic PEBKAC error

I'm sorry you feel that way, but okay. The modes are a feature of the forum and there is an easy way to make sure that the text is legible for users of either mode.

20 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but okay. The modes are a feature of the forum and there is an easy way to make sure that the text is legible for users of either mode.

You don't have to feel sorry about it, it is what it is, everyone else can see the posts just fine, it's only you that can't, hence the issue is on your end. But so it goes, the OP isn't going to get his printer fixed, because HP consider the jamming to be a problem based on "consumables" (the rollers) which, in my experience, have no warranty whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

You don't have to feel sorry about it, it is what it is, everyone else can see the posts just fine, it's only you that can't, hence the issue is on your end. But so it goes, the OP isn't going to get his printer fixed, because HP consider the jamming to be a problem based on "consumables" (the rollers) which, in my experience, have no warranty whatsoever.

I'm genuinely surprised that I am the only person on this forum that uses dark mode.

3 hours ago, zogthegreat said:

Hi everyone!

So I'm posting my recent experience trying to get HP to provide warranty support for a printer that I purchased 9 months ago. Every time I reach HP support, they stop all conversations with me as soon as I provide proof of purchase. This has been going on for two months now. Here is my latest with HP "support":

Thanks for the update. If our system shows the warranty to be incorrect I will need to see the proof of purchase to make updates.

zogthegreat

06-22-2020

Here is the proof of purchase

zogthegreat

06-24-2020

Uh, hello? Did you receive the copy of the receipt?

zogthegreat

06-18-2020

I'll go over to BestBuy tomorrow and get a copy. However, I registered the printer on HP's website the day that I purchased it.

zogthegreat

06-18-2020

Hi,

I am confused with you reply. How can a printer that was purchased last October be " over a year out of warranty"? Does the warranty start before the printer leaves the factory?

As for the $300.00 repair fee, (with discount), this printer currently sells for $220.00 CDN:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp-hp-laserjet-pro-m130nw-wireless-all-in-one-laser-printer-m13... 

How can you charge me a repair fee that is greater than the cost of a new printer?

Hello William, 

Thank you for providing that information. For this issue such as this, I would recommend a repair. The unit is over a year out of warranty so there would be a service fee for the repair but I can discount that fee. With my discount, the fee will be $300. Would you like to move forward with the repair?

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP. I’d like additional information in order to research this issue for you. Can you please confirm the following and fill out any missing fields?

- Customer Name:

- Contact Number:

- Email Address:

- Mailing Address:

- Serial Number:

- Product Name:

- Prior Case Numbers:

- Description of issue: paper jam 

For details on how to locate your product's serial number, click the following HP link: http://hp.care/2gsY4SC

Please note, this information will only be used for the purposes of researching any issues, providing support, or routing cases to another support team for regional support. HP's ability to thoroughly review support options or to effectively communicate with you is depended on prior requested information. 

HP’s Privacy Statement: http://hp.care/2gsY598

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

-HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

zogthegreat

06-17-2020

Hi, 

Here is the requested information:

- Customer Name: XXXXX XXXXX

- Contact Number: 514-XXX-XXX

- Email Address: bill@XXXXX.com

- Mailing Address: XXXXX Boulevard Rosemont, Montréal, QC XXX XXX

- Serial Number: VNDXXXXXX

- Product Name: LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw

- Prior Case Numbers:

- Description of issue: paper feeds about 1mm into the printer and then the printer gives a paper jam warning and refuses to print. I've tried cleaning the paper feed roller with no change in the jamming. It also prints a large black band on the right side of the paper. The ink cartridge is at 70%, so it's not a low ink issue.

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

It seem that HP does not honor their warranties any more. I would recommend not purchasing any HP products. If they will run you around for 3 months for a bleeping printer that cost $130,00 CDN at the time of purchase, think how hard it will be to get a laptop serviced!

zog

(Moderator, please feel free to move this thread to a part of the forum that you feel it would be better at.)

I have set the text color to automatic (on the quoted text from the OP) to make it easier to read for future readers of this thread. I would recommend giving them a call instead of doing it over email/online since you may likely be able to get better service.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch